Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1319

Thread: Broncos Game Day Thread: Raiders vs. Broncos 9/12/11

Tebow would have used his force field to keep the Raiders front four from dominating the offensive line all game.

Tebow would have blocked that field goal.

Tebow would have given Moreno the strength and the courage to not fumble the ball.

Tebow would have gone in on defense and kept the Raiders from averaging 4.9 ypc.

Tebow would have broken McFadden's nose, limbs, and spirit.

Tebow would have stopped the rain. And he would have blessed every football so that it wouldn't be dropped.

Tebow would use his healing powers to heal Dumervil, Bailey, and Lloyd - all missing time in the fourth quarter when they were needed the most.

Yup, when I look at this game, I see nothing but the quarterback at fault here. The rest of the team played well in every aspect. Flawless, really.

And I absolutely love the idea of putting in a raw quarterback who can't read defenses - especially with a rookie protecting his blind side and an offensive line that will give him no time whatsoever in the pocket. That's not a recipe for disaster at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zbeg View Post
    Tebow would have used his force field to keep the Raiders front four from dominating the offensive line all game.

Tebow would have given Moreno the strength and the courage to not fumble the ball.

Tebow would have gone in on defense and kept the Raiders from averaging 4.9 ypc.

Tebow would have stopped the rain. And he would have blessed every football so that it wouldn't be dropped.

Tebow would use his healing powers to heal Dumervil, Bailey, and Lloyd - all missing time in the fourth quarter when they were needed the most.

Yup, when I look at this game, I see nothing but the quarterback at fault here. The rest of the team played well in every aspect. Flawless, really.

And I absolutely love the idea of putting in a raw quarterback who can't read defenses - especially with a rookie protecting his blind side and an offensive line that will give him no time whatsoever in the pocket. That's not a recipe for disaster at all.
    A loss is a loss, losing with Orton doesn't help this team evaluate the other QBs on this roster.

It isn't that difficult to grasp. Try... Concentrate.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Man, I know it's the first game and all, but way too much same old same old.

First and worst, we just got flat handled on both sides of the ball up front. Couldn't control the line of scrimmage to save our lives. That's bad-- really bad. You ain't never gonna win many games that way. Once again, we couldn't run at all. That needs to get better in the worst way. Obviously you give them 'til mid-season before making any real judgement, but as of right now our O-line sure doesn't look set, at all. Unless Hills happens to turn into a player, there's a good chance we might have to draft there again next year-- for depth at the best, but we might be looking for a new starter or two as well. The only push I saw either Walton or Beadles get all night was some shoving after the whistle. The line certainly wasn't moving any bodies out in the run game. That shit is getting old.

Then you have all those ****ing turnovers, plus how many more balls on the ground? I understand it was wet, but you have to deal with it better than that. Dropped passes. A missed field goal. And we killed ourselves with stupid penalties, particularly the offensive line. That has to get better. We aren't good enough to do that, our margin for error isn't big enough to get away with it. You can't sustain offense when you're constantly working out of first-and-twenty, second-and-fifteen type down and distance. We kill our own drives and never get in rhythm.

And unfortunately, the middle of our defense is a complete seive, once again. Cheese soft run defense. More pursuit speed doesn't help when your 'backers are constantly caught in the wash. It definitely IS incumbent on those guys to get through trash quicker, but you can only clear so much. The DLs never made any plays all night, basically. Missed tackles. Mays is slow to the sideline, and looked like he overpursued and gave up the cutback on McFadden's run down to the goal line.

We didn't get any push up the middle when they did have to pass, which wasn't often. Their pass rush had a huge impact-- ours was a total non-factor. They knew exactly where to find our second and third corners when they needed to move the chains. I think we have one good corner, for all intents and purposes. Maybe Vaughn can become a serviceable guy at some point, but I suspect more likely we'll be looking to make a big investment there next season also. If QB does happen to be on their wishlist as well, resources are going to get slim real quick trying to patch all the holes.

It's not like you can't make a list of positives as well if you try hard enough. After all that, we only lost by three and were still in it with three minutes left. We might have won it if Orton doesn't just drop the ball on the ground like a pee wee leaguer. Still, I doubt Elway and Fox are going to find a ton of moral victories in starting the new era with a loss to the Raiders on MNF.

I certainly hope not. There's still a ton of heavy lifting to do.
    Last edited by dogfish; 09-13-2011 at 02:01 AM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by hoptard View Post
    Man, I know it's the first game and all, but way too much same old same old.

First and worst, we just got flat handled on both sides of the ball up front. Couldn't control the line of scrimmage to save our lives. That's bad-- really bad. You ain't never gonna win many games that way. Once again, we couldn't run at all. That needs to get better in the worst way. Obviously you give them 'til mid-season before making any real judgement, but as of right now our O-line sure doesn't look set, at all. Unless Hills happens to turn into a player, there's a good chance we might have to draft there again next year-- for depth at the best, but we might be looking for a new starter or two as well. The only push I saw either Walton or Beadles get all night was some shoving after the whistle. The line certainly wasn't moving any bodies out in the run game. That shit is getting old.

Then you have all those ****ing turnovers, plus how many more balls on the ground? I understand it was wet, but you have to deal with it better than that. Dropped passes. A missed field goal. And we killed ourselves with stupid penaltie, particularly the offensive line. That has to get better. We aren't good enough to do that, our margin for error isn't big enough to get away with it.

And unfortunately, the middle of our defense is a complete seive, once again. Cheese soft run defense. More pursuit speed doesn't help when your 'backers are constantly caught in the wash. It definitely IS incumbent on those guys to get through trash quicker, but you can only clear so much. The DLs never made any plays all night, basically. We didn't get any push up the middle when they did have to pass, which wasn't often. Their pass rush had a huge impact-- ours was a total non-factor. They knew exactly where to find our second and third corners when they needed to move the chains. I think we have one good corner, for all intents and purposes. Maybe Vaughn can become a serviceable guy at some point, but I suspect more likely we'll be looking to make a big investment there next season also. If QB does happen to be on their wishlist as well, resources are going to get slim real quick trying to patch all the holes.

It's not like you can't make a list of positives as well if you try hard enough. After all that, we only lost by three and were still in it with three minutes left. We might have won it if Orton doesn't just drop the ball on the ground like a pee wee leaguer. Still, I doubt Elway and Fox are going to find a ton of moral victories in starting the new era with a loss to the Raiders on MNF.

I certainly hope not. There's still a ton of heavy lifting to do.
    Though, if Elway and Fox decided to start Tebow next week they would have in a way received a moral victory because the fans would be far more patient and understanding.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

Kyle Orton = Bitch

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

9. The Following User High Fived getlynched47 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by zbeg View Post

This really sounds like excuses, bro. Nobody is trying to deflect blame from the team or any of the units that didn't play well, but the defense gave Orton the ball in the redzone and he failed to score TDs.

Sure our defense and offensive line need some work and a lot of practice. Orton is an 8 year vet playing for the same team for his 3rd year with 4/5 of the same O-line he had last year and all of his receivers are guys he played with last year and he has no rhythm or timing with any of them. That's on him. It's almost as if he doesn't care. Sure he plays because he's paid to, but he doesn't give a shit about winning or losing. As long as he can rack up the late game stats in losses, he seems happy.

The majority of the fanbase is done with his milquetoast ability, his milquetoast preparation, his milquetoast play on Sunday, his milquetoast attitude, and his milquetoast leadership.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Though, if Elway and Fox decided to start Tebow next week they would have in a way received a moral victory because the fans would be far more patient and understanding.
    cane, man, i don't give a shit about the fans!

i want the damn team on the field to be good. . . putting tebow in doesn't make me a bit happier about getting gashed in the run game while our own is completely ineffective. . . they need to get that shit dealt with before the QB will matter significantly, barring somehow acquiring a veteran star. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

13. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Even though it was a loss, that was the funnest game i have ever been to at the new stadium. it was all denver fans. probably 6raiders fans in our whole section and they were cool not jerk offs. Orton was horrible but i was disappointed with the Tebow chanting. it was so chippy on the field, players were brawling. champ was getting into it with shipley a few plays in a row. the south stands were rowdy like the old days. it was down pouring a good part of the game. made it really fun. i dont like that we lost but hot damn that felt like mile high!

15. The Following 6 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Orton holds a lot of blame for that loss, but the line did him absolutely no favors. they were horrid.

17. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Even though it was a loss, that was the funnest game i have ever been to at the new stadium. it was all denver fans. probably 6raiders fans in our whole section and they were cool not jerk offs. Orton was horrible but i was disappointed with the Tebow chanting. it was so chippy on the field, players were brawling. champ was getting into it with shipley a few plays in a row. the south stands were rowdy like the old days. it was down pouring a good part of the game. made it really fun. i dont like that we lost but hot damn that felt like mile high!
    Couldn't tell on TV. Was it just a few fans calling for Tebow? What about the booing?

Is bad as the loss is, the only good thing is realizing that we lost by three, turned the ball over three times to their one, and had a punt blocked. Don't get me wrong, the offense was bad, especially the run game, but without the punt block, int and two lost fumbles, we win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Sure our defense and offensive line need some work and a lot of practice. Orton is an 8 year vet playing for the same team for his 3rd year with 4/5 of the same O-line he had last year and all of his receivers are guys he played with last year and he has no rhythm or timing with any of them. That's on him. It's almost as if he doesn't care. Sure he plays because he's paid to, but he doesn't give a shit about winning or losing. As long as he can rack up the late game stats in losses, he seems happy.

The majority of the fanbase is done with his milquetoast ability, his milquetoast preparation, his milquetoast play on Sunday, his milquetoast attitude, and his milquetoast leadership.
    No, but people are putting the majority of the blame on Orton - and even worse, calling for the guy who had to fight to not be the third string quarterback, as if that's going to make a difference.

And how do you have rhythm or timing with your receivers? You get time in the pocket. Yeah, he's more familiar with his crappy offensive line - but they're still a crappy offensive line.

That's exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about. The offensive line is getting mauled by the Raiders' front four and people are blaming the quarterback for not having his timing down.

Are you listening to yourself??

And what on earth does "milquetoast preparation" even mean? It's a bad case of irrationally finding ways to blame Orton and making up things like "he prepares in a milquetoast manner."

(Not to mention you have never seen him prepare, in milquetoast fashion or not.)

And before people take an extreme stance and try to characterize me as regarding Orton as flawless or blameless, that's not the case. However, the tone of this board is so ridiculously unbalanced in such an irrational, out-of-touch-with-reality way against him that I do strenuously have to make the other case in order to provide a little bit of balance to the discussion.

20. The Following User High Fived zbeg For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

[QUOTE=zbeg;1358455]Tebow would have used his force field to keep the Raiders front four from dominating the offensive line all game.

And I absolutely love the idea of putting in a raw quarterback who can't read defenses - especially with a rookie protecting his blind side and an offensive line that will give him no time whatsoever in the pocket. That's not a recipe for disaster at all.[/QUOTE

give me a raw playmaker any day over a6th year stiff

The high cam was shaking more than I can recall in recent memory. The audio levels on ESPN were set that it was clear that Mile High was absolutely rocking.

I'm jealous. :-/ I don't think I've been to a game at the new Mile High where it felt like the old one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by hoptard View Post
    cane, man, i don't give a shit about the fans!

i want the damn team on the field to be good. . . putting tebow in doesn't make me a bit happier about getting gashed in the run game while our own is completely ineffective. . . they need to get that shit dealt with before the QB will matter significantly, barring somehow acquiring a veteran star. . .
    So if our defense improves then suddenly our offensive woes will be a thing of the past? Defense is good and all, but points win games just as much anymore if not more. Just ask Indianapolis who're F'd now without their quarterback, and if we had a quarterback (not saying Tebow) but a quarterback that could make shit happen then the run game would open up - problem is that if our run game shuts down then Orton has to beat the opposing team, that's not a nightmare for them...it's a dream come true! As the old adage goes "The run sets up the pass, but it's the pass that sets up the run!"

- Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Orton holds a lot of blame for that loss, but the line did him absolutely no favors. they were horrid.
    So if the line is going to be horrid...we need a playmaker ay QB. Orton and our O scares no one

25. The Following User High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information