Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Power Rankings - Week 1

Adopted Bronco:

Default 2011 Power Rankings - Week 1

Not completely sure I'll be able to update this every week, but it's been absent too long. Time to get the Power Rankings back up and running.

32. Buffalo - When you already suck...how do you let your two best players just walk away? My predicted winner of the Luck sweepstakes.

31. Cincinnati - The Bengals are officially in complete rebuild mold.

30. Jacksonville - The QB scenario will keep this team from winning games and putting butts in the seats.

29. Carolina - Rivera could make a difference, but Cam Newton will not.

28. Miami - Not enough talent behind the center to win many games in the AFC East.

27. Cleveland - McCoy will be a bust and Hillis will be injured. Bank on it.

26. Washington - Grossman and Beck will be destroyed in the NFC East.

25. Oakland - The running game may work against Denver...but not many others.

24. Denver - The rebuild is underway, but still too many questions and holes.

23. San Francisco - They have enough talent to contend for the division title...but they also have Alex Smith.

22. Seattle - Things are looking better...except under center

21. Minnesota - McNabb and the defense have had their ships sail. Age is catching up with this team.

20. Tennessee - Chris Johnson cant do it all. Talent pool significantly drops off after that.

19. St. Louis - Could be ranked higher if they didnt have an insane schedule.

18. Arizona - Cards arent the team they were a few seasons ago, but they are getting better and better.

17. Kansas City - Could move up the list if they can handle a tough early schedule

16. Detroit - The key to an improvement into the top half of the NFL is keeping Stafford on his feet.

15. Chicago - Last season required a lot of luck...I dont see lightning striking twice.

14. NY Giants - Have to see more of this team to decide a better place to rank them. Just one of those teams that can go either way.

13. Dallas - Romo will be running for his life behind the new Dallas OL. Hard to believe there are so many teams worse than this.

12. Indianapolis - The mighty are starting to fall. Tough schedule and a not-so-healthy Manning is not good.

11. Tampa Bay - Yet another coach we could have had instead of McD. This is Josh Freeman's breakout year.

10. Houston - They finally dethrone the Colts this year, but something inside me just doesnt trust them enough to believe in them.

9. NY Jets - The defense and OL is great. Just not sold on Sanchez and I dont think Ryan is either.

8. Baltimore - Will be a good team and will be there at the end...but age will hold them back.

7. New Orleans - Defense is improved and Brees will not have another bad year.

6. New England - Eventually BB will have bad luck with all the retreads he buys. This is the year.

5. Philly - The only thing holding this team back is the OL. But I'm leery of predicting greatness for all-star rosters. (Miami Heat)

4. Pittsburgh - Another team with potential OL problems. They'll still be strong with a creampuff schedule.

3. Atlanta - Improving the defense and adding weapons for Ryan are going to push them closer to the top.

2. San Diego - Sadly...this is the year Phillip Rivers puts his name in the hat with Brady and Manning. Tough offense and defense...weak division.

1. Green Bay - Still the best until someone proves otherwise. No significant losses and adding a lot of talent from injuries.

2. The Following 11 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Im guessing this is your overall PR and not just for week 1?

Looks good Coach.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im guessing this is your overall PR and not just for week 1?
    Well...like any other PR, it will change from week to week. This is just where I see things right now.

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I like how you didn't buy into the Philly hype. I think both NO and NE are probably better than Philly, but it is fairly close.

I also like how you put Denver in front of Oak. Oak is going to be pretty bad this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

8. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Oak is going to be pretty bad this year.
    Are you sure? OR thinks they are going to the SB......again.... lol

As to the rankings, i agree with most of it but thats why i asked if it was an overall ranking right now as opposed to the first week. Indy ive heard may not have Manning for the first week and as Coach pointed out he may struggle because of the surgery early so i could see them dropping a couple of early games. Washington i think is going to be much better regardless of the QB position. The team overall is just much stronger and really doesnt need either one to be successful. I dont think they are any worse than the rest of the division. And lastly, i dont think SD will be quite that good. They still have the Norvster.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

I promise you that the Buffalo Bills will not end with the worst record in the NFL....it will be Cincy....Im a huge Broncos fan, but have lived in Buffalo before...the team is turning a corner.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived dustybottoms For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dustybottoms View Post
    I promise you that the Buffalo Bills will not end with the worst record in the NFL....it will be Cincy....Im a huge Broncos fan, but have lived in Buffalo before...the team is turning a corner.
    Its probably all gonna hinge on Fitz. I thought he played extremely well last year but in the preseason he looked incredibly bad. If he cant repeat that performance Buff could be really bad. But i agree that Cincy will probably be the worst of them all.

As much as I hate to say it, I think the pats explode this year. Specifically brady, and not because of chad johnson, im not sure he even does that well. But they have an easy schedule and brady has so freaking many weapons to throw to. I think he could have a 40td year.---They remind me of the colts in their SB year.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Are you sure? OR thinks they are going to the SB......again.... lol

As to the rankings, i agree with most of it but thats why i asked if it was an overall ranking right now as opposed to the first week. Indy ive heard may not have Manning for the first week and as Coach pointed out he may struggle because of the surgery early so i could see them dropping a couple of early games. Washington i think is going to be much better regardless of the QB position. The team overall is just much stronger and really doesnt need either one to be successful. I dont think they are any worse than the rest of the division. And lastly, i dont think SD will be quite that good. They still have the Norvster.
    Every player on the Oak roster is HOF worthy, according to OR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

16. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dustybottoms View Post
    Its probably all gonna hinge on Fitz. I thought he played extremely well last year but in the preseason he looked incredibly bad. If he cant repeat that performance Buff could be really bad. But i agree that Cincy will probably be the worst of them all.

Disagree. Cincy has a good defense, but got blasted by injuries last year. They have a rook QB and have decent weapons on offense....Simpson, AJ green, Jermain Gresham <---Man Beast! and Cedric Benson who is back to back 1100 yard rushing.

While the are not very good, they imo are head and shoulders above buffalo.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Disagree. Cincy has a good defense, but got blasted by injuries last year. They have a rook QB and have decent weapons on offense....Simpson, AJ green, Jermain Gresham <---Man Beast! and Cedric Benson who is back to back 1100 yard rushing.

While the are not very good, they imo are head and shoulders above buffalo.
    But, they are weak at the most important position of all. QB.

Dalton may end up being good but not in his first year. And Cincy is NOWHERE near close to being like Pitt who was able to give Big Ben a smooth ride in his first year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I agree with most of the list, and where I disagree I could just as easily see me being the one wrong. I think Cleveland is a bit better, ditto the Lions. I think Carolina will be putrid, possibly sub-Buffalo putrid, and the Jagwads may be worse than that. The Jagwads had a defense that rivalled ours last year and now are without a QB. Essentially MJD and not much else going on.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

21. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

But, they are weak at the most important position of all. QB.

Dalton may end up being good but not in his first year. And Cincy is NOWHERE near close to being like Pitt who was able to give Big Ben a smooth ride in his first year.

No definitely not. But then again, few teams in the NFl are/were.

broncos were with bubby brister (although he was a vet and not terrible)
    Pats were with cassel
    steelers as you said were with big ben
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    No definitely not. But then again, few teams in the NFl are/were.

broncos were with bubby brister (although he was a vet and not terrible)
    Pats were with cassel
    steelers as you said were with big ben
    Indeed. Thats why i think Cincy will really struggle this year.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information