Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Power Rankings - Week 1

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

What happens if Carolina, Jax, and Cincy end up with the top three picks in the draft? They all have young QBs they drafted highly and want to develop, it would be a trading frenzy and whoever got the first pick would get a king's ransom.

This may be the worst year ever to be picking second when it's all said and done.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Indeed. Thats why i think Cincy will really struggle this year.

Struggle yes, worst team in the league...worse than buffalo and a few others, no.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Struggle yes, worst team in the league...worse than buffalo and a few others, no.
    Hard to say, if Fitzpatrick plays as well as he did last year they clearly will finish better than Cincy in my opinion.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I like Detroit a little more and I like San Fran WAAAAYYYYY less than you, coach. San Fran should be below us, IMO.

Alex Smith makes Kyle Orton look like Tom Brady. Crabtree is a half-asser and Vernon Davis has a QB that can't get him the ball. Their O-line and secondary are pretty suspect, too. Frank Gore is about the only thing they have going for them.

I also think the Seahawks will be fighting for last place in a weak NFC West. Their QBs are pretty awful and I don't think their defense can carry them.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Hard to say, if Fitzpatrick plays as well as he did last year they clearly will finish better than Cincy in my opinion.
    Fitzpatrick = Orton. He's not a terrible QB, but he won't pull many comeback victories, either. He's going to need a ton of help from Jackson, Spiller, and the defense.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Fitzpatrick = Orton. He's not a terrible QB, but he won't pull many comeback victories, either. He's going to need a ton of help from Jackson, Spiller, and the defense.

True dat, but he's better than Dalton at this point which was what i was getting at.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I am taking Atlanta to win the entire thing this year (if I can't pick the Broncos). So see them near the top makes sense to me.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    I am taking Atlanta to win the entire thing this year (if I can't pick the Broncos). So see them near the top makes sense to me.
    I still can't get on that bandwagon. Their defense is their weakness and has been for years. They mortgaged their draft to get another WR when offense just hasn't been their problem. Still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe they figure they can just outscore everyone? You'd think the Green Bay playoff loss would've emphasized their need for a stouter defense. I guess not...

11. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

I still can't get on that bandwagon. Their defense is their weakness and has been for years. They mortgaged their draft to get another WR when offense just hasn't been their problem. Still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe they figure they can just outscore everyone? You'd think the Green Bay playoff loss would've emphasized their need for a stouter defense. I guess not...
    agreed 100%

No way imo is atlanta better than

GB
    Pats
    Pitts
    Balt
    bolts
    ------
    It will be close if they are better than the:
    Eagles
    Saints
    cowboys
    ------

I put them on par with saints/cowboys. Matt ryan jumps to elite this year, but their average defense is not enough, nor is their offense potent enough to get them over the top.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I am not jumpin on the bandwagon, and I don't think they are the best team. I dothink they will pull it together for a huge run in the playoffs and I think Matt Ryan is the real deal. It is easy to pick GB NO Pit NE, but I am taking Atl this year.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Frank Gore is about the only thing they have going for them.
    Until he gets injured again.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:

Keep in mind its week 1 and we havent seen too many teams show all their cards. Initially, teams 1-10 are faitly equal, as are 11-20 and 21-32. As the games are played, things will sort out, so dont put too much into one team,being listed a spot or two above another.

Also, one team can look a little better on paper than another, but have a much tougher schedule. That plays into the initial ranking as well.

16. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I am surprised nobody has flamed you for putting SD at 2 and Den at 24.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I am surprised nobody has flamed you for putting SD at 2 and Den at 24.
    It actually refreshing to see someone pick Denver that high. Half the members around here are talking about us having the worst record in the league. As far as San Diego, I think there is enough of a power vacuum to the top of the AFC to where they could make it this year.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    What happens if Carolina, Jax, and Cincy end up with the top three picks in the draft? They all have young QBs they drafted highly and want to develop, it would be a trading frenzy and whoever got the first pick would get a king's ransom.

This may be the worst year ever to be picking second when it's all said and done.
    They were actually talking about this on Sirius the other day. If one of the teams like Carolina or Jacksonville get the #1 pick what they would do with a shot at Luck. Of course, Elway's name immediately came up as a guy who'd probably mortgage his draft to trade up and take Luck. They probably aren't wrong, especially if Orton is leaving and Tebow doesn't show significant progress by the end of the year.

20. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information