Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's 2012 Pre-season Mock

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Default Assassin's 2012 Pre-season Mock

round 1
    VONTAZE BURFICT, MLB, Arizona State
    6'3" 250

We've played ourselves out of a top 5 pick and maybe out of the top 10. With that, we're very unlikely to land a top OT, QB, CB or DE. To me, the BPA at this point would be Burfict. Described as "violent" and "nasty" he is an animal and has exactly the attitude that our defense needs. He has ideal size for MLB and is quite athletic. I agree that CB is a need, as are OT and DT, but again, BPA here is Burfict.

round 2
    LAMAR MILLER, RB Miami (FL)
    5'11" 212

I'm going to asume Tebow plays well enough that we don't "need" to draft a QB early in this draft. We NEED a stud runner to help Tebow and keep defenses honest. Moreno sux and McGahee is aging, although effective. Lamar Miller is plain nasty and would be a great fit in Fox's offense.

round 3
    BRANDON BOYKIN, CB, Georgia
    5'10" 185

Short, but good. Boykin is a playmaker. he's fast and has good coverage skills. He is electrifying. Just a player ya want on yer team...even if he is from Georgia.

round 4
    DEVON STILL, DT, Penn State
    6'5" 305

Kind of an unknown, but he is very stout. Good motor and coaches think highly of him. Need for DT will depend solely on Vick and Bunk's ability to hold up. Unfortunately, this is a very weak DT draft so I feel the value is about this spot.

round 5
    MALIK JACKSON, DE/DT, Tennessee
    6'5" 270

Jackson is a USC transfer after the fallout. Starting DT who is getting bigger each year. Will add flexibility to the Dline and if he can continue to add weight, he could be a HUGE sleeper. I don't think 3 defensive linemen in this draft is necessarily a bad thing.

round 6
    TAUREN POOLE, RB, Tennessee
    5'10" 215

All around stable back for the Vols. Had over 1000 yards and 11 TDs against an SEC schedule. Not the dynamic home run hitter many covet, but he gets the job done. An excellent back to have in a rotation.

Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 11-11-2011 at 05:09 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Absolutely hate it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

love U too...

5. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Kind of avoided a very glaring need...CB. Id rather a stud CB in the first. Im okay with Gray in the 2nd, but hes another Moreno, I fear.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Kind of avoided a very glaring need...CB. Id rather a stud CB in the first. Im okay with Gray in the 2nd, but hes another Moreno, I fear.
    I don't disagree about the CB thing, but I'd like to "finish off" the front 7. Pittsburgh and New England have adequate cover men due to their ability to get to the QB (well, prior to 2011 for NE anywways), but no real stars at CB. That's the kind of D I'd love to have.

I am very intrigued by Boykin of Georgia, however. That guy is electrifying.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27:1350182
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I don't disagree about the CB thing, but I'd like to "finish off" the front 7. Pittsburgh and New England have adequate cover men due to their ability to get to the QB (well, prior to 2011 for NE anywways), but no real stars at CB. That's the kind of D I'd love to have.

I am very intrigued by Boykin of Georgia, however. That guy is electrifying.
    I follow you, but id like to get some youth in the secondary before Champ ang Goodie start getting mail from AARP

10. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

We drafted 3 LBs in 2011 and you're coming out of the gate drafting more LBs in 2 of the first 3 rounds.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Orange View Post
    We drafted 3 LBs in 2011 and you're coming out of the gate drafting more LBs in 2 of the first 3 rounds.
    Yep. I have little faith in 2 of the 3 we drafted and DJ isn't getting any younger.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Yep. I have little faith in 2 of the 3 we drafted and DJ isn't getting any younger.
    Also, I hate to say it but I could easily see Gray going in the first round. Green Bay immediately comes to mind as a team that would take Gray. You could be right though. I like the pick. I think he's better than Moreno.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Also, I hate to say it but I could easily see Gray going in the first round. Green Bay immediately comes to mind as a team that would take Gray. You could be right though. I like the pick. I think he's better than Moreno.
    I think he's a round 1 talent, but even Ingram almost made it out of round 1. With Richardson and LaMichael James, plus any unknown emerging playmaker, in the mix, I could see Gray be there in early round 2. I could see Green Bay go after him, but we'd clearly have to wait and see what Alex Green and James Starks can do there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

We will be drafting a QB in round one, bank on it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

16. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    We will be drafting a QB in round one, bank on it.
    It depends on who's drafting where.

Adopted Bronco:

GB is going to need to look at DL. Jenkins is gone and Pickett will be 32. I expect them to look at a guy like Kheeston Randall first and RB depth later

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27:1350298
    I can get behind this theory. No one can predict what comes of Mays or Irving. If neither steps up this season...i would ne more than ok with adding Burfict. Him, Von and...yuck...DJ would be as good of a LB corps as you could find

Adopted Bronco:

How about Jeff Fuller in the 1st, Cyrus Gray in the 2nd, Coryell Judie in the 3rd, Tony Jerod-Eddie in the 4th, Ryan Tannehill in the 5th

We can knock out a WR, RB, CB, DT and QB...all in rounds they'll be projected in...and save scouting money by only having to go to one Pro day

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information