Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tebow's Mechanics

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    tebow is goingto get one of our wrs killed eventually with his lofting toss
    They had this discussion on the radio today...
    they talked of how EVERY QB in the game could be
    accused of the same thing.

They gave example after example of
    plays this preseason by elite QB's who
    "Hung their guy out to dry"...

it is part of the game...
    when a wideout goes across the middle
    and the QB throws into the seam...
    violent hits happen.

Crikey..
    how MANY circus catches did Lloyd make last season?
    but you are not slamming Kyle for his crappy placements.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

2. The Following User High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE:1348233
    Crikey..
    how MANY circus catches did Lloyd make last season?
    but you are not slamming Kyle for his crappy placements.
    That's not even remotely the same thing. Not even close.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe:1348057
    Unfortunately not. Did you? Not being sarcastic, but some of the greatest QB's have mentioned leave his throwing mechanics alone and focus on footwork. I really don't think accepting the ball with his right hand on top makes a bit of difference, personally. Us lefties live in a right-handed world. You wouldn't believe how many things we just get used to being "backwards" so to speak. To change some of those minor things at this point would be the opposite of what he's been doing his entire playing career.
    I'm with Joe on this one. Changing which hand he uses to back away from center probably won't do much.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

If scissors were formed to fit the left hand, I still couldn't use them. WAY to used to using my right hand at this point.

It would be nice if I could find a tape-measure for lefties though...

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Unfortunately not. Did you? Not being sarcastic, but some of the greatest QB's have mentioned leave his throwing mechanics alone and focus on footwork. I really don't think accepting the ball with his right hand on top makes a bit of difference, personally. Us lefties live in a right-handed world. You wouldn't believe how many things we just get used to being "backwards" so to speak. To change some of those minor things at this point would be the opposite of what he's been doing his entire playing career.
    If you've EVER had to take snaps from center, then you know it makes a difference. It has NOTHING to do with throwing the ball, but it certainly has to do with exchanging the ball into the throwing hand while dropping back.

A right handed QB has his hand on top so that the ball snaps back and lays the laces right on his fingers. Same would be for the left handed QB if his left was on top. The Center obviously would have to hold the ball slightly different before the snap for each individual QB, depending on where they like the laces to hit across their fingers.

However, with a Left handed QB under center putting his left hand underneath, the ball is NOT snapping into the throwing hand, but the other hand. The center will have to snap the ball upside down (in a sense) so that the laces end up downward and to the left hand. If not, the QB would not have the laces on the throwing hand at the snap and would require time in which to spin the ball. Those quick slants wouldn't work out so well.

The point is simple. Its not a HUGE thing, but its one more small thing that piles onto all the other small things. Is it something that would make him a better passer? Nope. But it may add .5 seconds to his timing. Its like the expression "last straw that broke the camels back." Each individual straw wasn't a problem, its all the strands of indiviual straws that accumulate to a bigger problem. This is just a small example, or individual straw, that would probably be better if it were correct.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    If you've EVER had to take snaps from center, then you know it makes a difference. It has NOTHING to do with throwing the ball, but it certainly has to do with exchanging the ball into the throwing hand while dropping back.

A right handed QB has his hand on top so that the ball snaps back and lays the laces right on his fingers. Same would be for the left handed QB if his left was on top. The Center obviously would have to hold the ball slightly different before the snap for each individual QB, depending on where they like the laces to hit across their fingers.

Are you left handed? I ask because your statement above make me think no. There is zero difference between having your right or left hand on top.

However, with a Left handed QB under center putting his left hand underneath, the ball is NOT snapping into the throwing hand, but the other hand. The center will have to snap the ball upside down (in a sense) so that the laces end up downward and to the left hand. If not, the QB would not have the laces on the throwing hand at the snap and would require time in which to spin the ball. Those quick slants wouldn't work out so well.

This is just simply inaccurate. Think about it for a minute please. Having your left hand on the underside places the ball in a position where you don't have to "palm" the ball. Believe me, it makes absolutely zero difference.

The point is simple. Its not a HUGE thing, but its one more small thing that piles onto all the other small things. Is it something that would make him a better passer? Nope. But it may add .5 seconds to his timing. Its like the expression "last straw that broke the camels back." Each individual straw wasn't a problem, its all the strands of indiviual straws that accumulate to a bigger problem. This is just a small example, or individual straw, that would probably be better if it were correct.

Footwork, footwork, and more footwork.

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

I stole this from Springstein over at KFFL. (thanks George). Preseason stats.

1 Matthew Stafford DET QB 154.7
    2 Ben Roethlisberger PIT QB 146.6
    3 Aaron Rodgers GB QB 130.1
    4 Derek Anderson CAR QB 129.4
    5 Richard Bartel ARI QB 115.5
    6 Philip Rivers SD QB 114.8
    7 Shaun Hill DET QB 113.6
    8 Tim Tebow DEN QB 108.3
    9 Rudy Carpenter TB QB 104.1
    10 Kyle Orton DEN QB 104.1
    11 Mark Sanchez NYJ QB 102.9
    12 Colt McCoy CLE QB 101.7

Read more: http://forums.kffl.com/threads/28949...#ixzz1Wu0dHZBM

ITS A PAIN IN THE ASS WHEN YOU GUYS WRITE WITHIN THE QUOTE SO THAT PEOPLE CAN'T QUOTE YOU.

Are you left handed? I ask because your statement above make me think no. There is zero difference between having your right or left hand on top.
    WRONG. You are just FLAT OUT WRONG. YOu are so wrong you can't even SEE right. It has NOTHING to do with not being left handed, but has EVERYHTING to do with knowing how to play QB. You OBVIOUSLY have never played the position, and have OBVIOUSLY never taken snaps under center.

This is just simply inaccurate. Think about it for a minute please. Having your left hand on the underside places the ball in a position where you don't have to "palm" the ball. Believe me, it makes absolutely zero difference.
    I don't have to think about it, I know. I have NO idea what you are talking about with the "palm" the ball. You don't "palm" the ball when receiving a snap. However, I do know that having his left hand UNDER the ball would require him to raise his hand and clamp down with this throwing hand, FINDING the laces as opposed to having them snapped directly into his fingers.

Its fine that you've never played QB. I get and understand that you don't truly understand the mechanics of how this "seemingly" simple pairing of teamwork works. But its an odd fumdamental that is backwards. Can you make something backwards work? sure. But its still fundamentally incorrect and when you have a QB that is already fundamentally incorrect in so many ways.. don't tell me it makes ZERO diffence. EVERYTHING makes a difference.

Quit standing up and defending the backwards way as if we are prejudice against the left handed, and its your duty to proclaim that you are "no different."
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 09-03-2011 at 10:29 AM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Softskull View Post
    I stole this from Springstein over at KFFL. (thanks George). Preseason stats.

1 Matthew Stafford DET QB 154.7
    2 Ben Roethlisberger PIT QB 146.6
    3 Aaron Rodgers GB QB 130.1
    4 Derek Anderson CAR QB 129.4
    5 Richard Bartel ARI QB 115.5
    6 Philip Rivers SD QB 114.8
    7 Shaun Hill DET QB 113.6
    8 Tim Tebow DEN QB 108.3
    9 Rudy Carpenter TB QB 104.1
    10 Kyle Orton DEN QB 104.1
    11 Mark Sanchez NYJ QB 102.9
    12 Colt McCoy CLE QB 101.7

Read more: http://forums.kffl.com/threads/28949...#ixzz1Wu0dHZBM
    Its facinating to see, but really, I just can't take ANYTHING preseason seriously. The stats are meaningless because the game plans, the defenses, theoffenses.. just are nothing. The veteran players for the most part don't give a flying shit. You never know if the defensive coordinator is throwing in a rookie for this or for that. You never know if he's just simply taking a look a a defensive call just to take a look at it, since they didn't come in and game-plan against the offense. Its just like calling a defense for fun. Has nothing to do with knowing the tendencies, or making the right matchups.

Although I do have Stafford in a fantasy league, so I hope it continues down this path!

12. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

ITS A PAIN IN THE ASS WHEN YOU GUYS WRITE WITHIN THE QUOTE SO THAT PEOPLE CAN'T QUOTE YOU.

WRONG. You are just FLAT OUT WRONG. YOu are so wrong you can't even SEE right. It has NOTHING to do with not being left handed, but has EVERYHTING to do with knowing how to play QB. You OBVIOUSLY have never played the position, and have OBVIOUSLY never taken snaps under center.

I don't have to think about it, I know. I have NO idea what you are talking about with the "palm" the ball. You don't "palm" the ball when receiving a snap. However, I do know that having his left hand UNDER the ball would require him to raise his hand and clamp down with this throwing hand, FINDING the laces as opposed to having them snapped directly into his fingers.

Believe me, you are inaccurate on this.

Its fine that you've never played QB. I get and understand that you don't truly understand the mechanics of how this "seemingly" simple pairing of teamwork works. But its an odd fumdamental that is backwards. Can you make something backwards work? sure. But its still fundamentally incorrect and when you have a QB that is already fundamentally incorrect in so many ways.. don't tell me it makes ZERO diffence. EVERYTHING makes a difference.

Quit standing up and defending the backwards way as if we are prejudice against the left handed, and its your duty to proclaim that you are "no different."
    You are clearly not left handed. End of story. I have played QB. What you don't understand is that placing my left hand on top is completely awkward. It is not natural. Everything you said above is completely wrong. Accept it and move on. tia.

PS - the ball is rarely snapped with the laces automatically placed in the right position. You've clearly never played QB.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

Its facinating to see, but really, I just can't take ANYTHING preseason seriously. The stats are meaningless because the game plans, the defenses, theoffenses.. just are nothing. The veteran players for the most part don't give a flying shit. You never know if the defensive coordinator is throwing in a rookie for this or for that. You never know if he's just simply taking a look a a defensive call just to take a look at it, since they didn't come in and game-plan against the offense. Its just like calling a defense for fun. Has nothing to do with knowing the tendencies, or making the right matchups.

Although I do have Stafford in a fantasy league, so I hope it continues down this path!
    I hear ya, but also found it interesting. Those are good stats, but they certainly don't match what I saw in Tebow's limited playing time. The kid's raw and still needs lots o' work. That being said, our second and third stringers are so bad, it's amazing Tebow's numbers are so good.

16. The Following User High Fived Softskull For This Post:

You are clearly not left handed. End of story. I have played QB. What you don't understand is that placing my left hand on top is completely awkward. It is not natural. Everything you said above is completely wrong. Accept it and move on. tia.

PS - the ball is rarely snapped with the laces automatically placed in the right position. You've clearly never played QB.
    Rarely? Dude.. you have obviously played QB at a low level, and thats your total experience. I'm not going to get into this childish pissing game with you. So please don't give me this crap about me obviously not playing QB if you don't know how well a ball is snapped. You just proved you have no clue.

But you are right. I'm not left handed and have never taken left handed snaps. I will admit that I don't know the difference on the feel of the snap when it comes to that. Perhaps with a right handed center and a right handed QB,the ball is tilted in the right direction, and that is what makes the difference with a lefty.

However, to even suggest that everything I just said is wrong after you just proved not to know how to take a snap is laughable. I'm guessing, if you found that the laces are "Rarely" in the right position, its because you are left handed and have to have your hand on the bottom while you are not "Palming" the ball

I like you Joe, I really do, but you're comparing apples and oranges with your experience playing QB vs. what happens at the pro level. As an example, you can drive your car around all day with one of the tires low on air pressure -- will wear out your tire and cause other long term issues but won't have an impact on you getting to the store -- but in a race car, even a change of less than a pound of air pressure has a huge impact on the car's handling. At the pro level of football where the speed of the game is everything, a little thing like the motion used to bring the ball back from center where your throwing hand is upside down can make a big difference.

That's all I was saying with this thread. Stop trying to equate your experience with what I'm talking about - it just ain't the same no matter how hard you try to convince yourself that it is.

Adopted Bronco:

One of my 13 year old twins plays QB and is left-handed. He also puts his right hand on top on snaps. During his 3 and 5 step drops he has plenty of time to simply roll his wrist. The only pas it may effect his mechanics on is a quick 1 step slant, but since neither he, nor the Broncos work in a Run and Shoot offense...it's a non-issue for any lefty.

Yeah...he's only 13...but if he can work with it...I'm sure an NFL player can as well.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information