Thread: Legendary (360/PS3)

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default Legendary (360/PS3)

Anyone see this FPS for the 360 and PS3? Is it as awful as I have read?

I can boogey with almost any shooter, give me guns and I'm set. But I have read many bad reviews about it, near universal disdain.

Anyone play it?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

It sure isn't Legendary... A sign it wasn't so great is when the price drops from $60 to $30 less than a month after release! But for that price, about $25 used I made the jump.

It's not a terrible game but if you were expecting CoD or Halo you will be awesomely disappointed.

It has some cool moments. The enemies are cool and their animations are very fluid. There are some nice effects in the disaster area of NYC with the panicked dying pedestrians and cars being blown away.

This is a campaign, single player game, I'm sure the multiplayer lobby is dead.

But it is also up against superior competition in CoD-WoW and GoW2. It cannot stand against these top-notch shooters, but is worth a weekend rental or at least a pickup from the bargain bin at a retailer.

EDIT-

Ok, after playing it even more I am having fun with this game. While being a strictly on-rails shooter, it does add a few nifty mechanics and elements to it.

The enemy variety is cool with all sorts of mythogical creatures that are animated well like the Griffons, Werewolves and Firedrakes. With some methods to kill them you have to be crafty rather than just fill the screen with lead. Also the health regeneration isn't a typical cover/heal overshield like Halo or CoD, so at least it's different.

Worth a look if you can get past the glitches.
    Last edited by Shazam!; 12-10-2008 at 02:20 AM.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information