Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Von Miller -- Defensive Rookie of the Year: CBS Sports

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Default Von Miller -- Defensive Rookie of the Year: CBS Sports

Rob Rang of CBS Sports thinks Von Miller is going to tear it up this year.

Some will take this game as one example of a defensive rookie being ahead of an offensive rookie. I see the physical traits, instincts and technique that is going to make Miller an absolute terror for the Broncos... and I mean, immediately.

The combination of Miller and the healthy return of 2009 NFL sack leader Elvis Dumervil will give the Broncos the elite pass rushing duo in all of the NFL this season. If that prediction isn't bold enough for you (considering that Denver finished dead last in the NFL with 32 sacks in 2010), how about this one.

Not only does Miller appear poised to win the Defensive Rookie of the Year award, I think he may be capable of doing so as emphatically as Ndamukong Suh did it for the Detroit Lions last year, perhaps even challenging Jevon Kearse's rookie sack title (14.5 for Tennessee in 1999).
    More at the link below

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...82485/31607696
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

This is great! The dude is a freak! NFL Rookie of The Year!

3. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Man, I hope this dude is right.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 9 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

My son/dau-in-law went to the game Sat. night, and my son was talking about this very thing today - saying that if Von keeps doing what he is doing now, all season, he should be Defensive Rookie of the year.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

If Miller can play like he is showing so far it will be a runaway in DROY voting. I haven't seen such a first step in quite some time. The guy has speed to burn. He needs to show this type of ability against better tackles before we crown him. Still, he is getting noticed by the national media and it's nice to hear something "good" about the Broncos.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Miller seems to do it consistently , play after play. Always around the ball.
    Blinding speed.
    He will be drawing a lot of double teams

11. The Following 8 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Miller seems to do it consistently , play after play. Always around the ball.
    Blinding speed.
    He will be drawing a lot of double teams
    Imagine teams being forced to double him and what are you going to do with Dumervil, assuming he is healthy and it sure looks like he is. Isn't that a nice dilemma for offensive coordinators. Maybe predicting seven sacks for Miller was a little low. If Miller and Doom can feed off of each other, who knows what type of pressure we could generate. NASCAR defense according to Fox, speed kills.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Imagine teams being forced to double him and what are you going to do with Dumervil, assuming he is healthy and it sure looks like he is. Isn't that a nice dilemma for offensive coordinators. Maybe predicting seven sacks for Miller was a little low. If Miller and Doom can feed off of each other, who knows what type of pressure we could generate. NASCAR defense according to Fox, speed kills.
    Not only that, but you also have Ayers and DJ that could be in line for sacks as teams try and contain Miller and Doom.

15. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

It was funny hearing other fans and even Bronco fans calling the Broncos stupid for not taking Dareus because we need a DT. I mean, I understand where they are coming from. Dareus would have been an excellent fit for us, and god knows we dont have the most talented interior d line.

I dont follow college football as close as the NFL, not even half as much. But it took me two seconds of film on Miller to realize he's something special.....Dareus, not so much.

The Broncos took the best player (premature, I know) and he is the most exiting draft pick I have ever seen us get. Pass rushing is my favortie aspect of defenses, and to think we might have the best pass rushing tandem in the NFL one day gets me pumped!

Millers has to be the ROY favorite if you ask me, and its not because hes a Bronco, its because he's a freak of nature.

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived NorCalBronco7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Not only that, but you also have Ayers and DJ that could be in line for sacks as teams try and contain Miller and Doom.
    Agreed. The whole defensive front seven could benefit from two extrodinary edge rushers. We haven't even mentioned how this could benefit our defensive tackles. Hopefully Bunkley is ready to go soon. Too bad about Warren. If we can get someone to even collapse the pocket some, where is the quarterback going to go? Hopefully on his butt.

Or what about sacks because QBs are all too eager to step up into the pocket to avoid Doom and Von?

In passing situations, it looks like Ayers is going to be a DT that they hope will get penetration up the middle, while the offense tries to stop the edge rush.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
    It was funny hearing other fans and even Bronco fans calling the Broncos stupid for not taking Dareus because we need a DT. I mean, I understand where they are coming from. Dareus would have been an excellent fit for us, and god knows we dont have the most talented interior d line.

I dont follow college football as close as the NFL, not even half as much. But it took me two seconds of film on Miller to realize he's something special.....Dareus, not so much.

The Broncos took the best player (premature, I know) and he is the most exiting draft pick I have ever seen us get. Pass rushing is my favortie aspect of defenses, and to think we might have the best pass rushing tandem in the NFL one day gets me pumped!

Millers has to be the ROY favorite if you ask me, and its not because hes a Bronco, its because he's a freak of nature.
    I know it's awfully early to be talking about DROY, but I am pumped too. Just maybe the Derrick Thomas comparisons will have some fruition.

22. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

In passing situations, it looks like Ayers is going to be a DT that they hope will get penetration up the middle, while the offense tries to stop the edge rush.
    That's right with all the excitement over Miller and Doom, I forgot they are moving Ayers inside on passing downs. If he can help to collapse the pocket we may really be on to something.

24. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    That's right with all the excitement over Miller and Doom, I forgot they are moving Ayers inside on passing downs. If he can help to collapse the pocket we may really be on to something.
    I read or heard (think it was on the radio) him talking about being excited to both be playing end and moving inside to rush. He said that's what he did in school and what he likes to do, and the two years at OLB didn't really suit him. He's looking forward to getting to rush the QB. Something like that. Sounded excited.

26. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information