Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: For those who think Cam is more NFL ready right now

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default For those who think Cam is more NFL ready right now

His completion percentage is at 40%. Tebow's is at 49%.

Just figured i would get that out of the way since someone mentioned that Cam was ready NOW compared to Tebow.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    His completion percentage is at 40%. Tebow's is at 49%.

Just figured i would get that out of the way since someone mentioned that Cam was ready NOW compared to Tebow.
    The Broncos were crazy for drafting Tebow in the first but Carolina hasn't received one bit of criticism for drafting Newton 1st overall. Newton who couldn't beat Tebow out at FL. Newton of stealing laptop fame. Newton of selling his services to Auburn (allegedly). Newton of questionable character.

Yet all the heat and focus is on Denver and Tebow.

This league now has Tebow, Newton, and Pryor. It will either become the new look NFL or it will be a short lived fad.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

We need Cam to look like a potential franchise QB but for the Panthers to suck anyway and finish with the first pick then we can trade up and draft Luck.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    The Broncos were crazy for drafting Tebow in the first but Carolina hasn't received one bit of criticism for drafting Newton 1st overall. Newton who couldn't beat Tebow out at FL. Newton of stealing laptop fame. Newton of selling his services to Auburn (allegedly). Newton of questionable character.

This league now has Tebow, Newton, and Pryor. It will either become the new look NFL or it will be a short lived fad.
    yes they have.

jhil, bro, you are one of my favorite posters. But you really have turned into some jilted lover. How is it that you think EVERYTHING is anti-Tebow and the "argument has changed" for eveyrone else?? I'm trying to help you, pal..... think of his as your intervention, because you NEED it........ in a VERY bad way.

Carolina has been criticized time and time again for Newton.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

8. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well, both Newton and Tebow need more time to determine how they will fair in the NFL. But, i wanted to show how silly it is too not only "claim" one guy is NFL ready and write another guy as a "failure" after 3 games.

As to the fad,, i agree. watching Vick get hammered and struggle the last couple of weeks is just confirming my view that it will always be the pass first/scramble second precision passing QB's who win SB's.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    yes they have.

jhil, bro, you are one of my favorite posters. But you really have turned into some jilted lover. How is it that you think EVERYTHING is anti-Tebow and the "argument has changed" for eveyrone else?? I'm trying to help you, pal..... think of his as your intervention, because you NEED it........ in a VERY bad way.

I've never heard it. Let me guess, he's a lover, but you're not a hater, right?

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    I've never heard it. Let me guess, he's a lover, but you're not a hater, right?
    right
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

right
    Hypocrisy at it's best.

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    Hypocrisy at it's best.
    Might want to look up the word "hypocrisy" and "hate" before you start throwing stones.

But then again... I don't give a shit.

yes they have.
    Is it on Sports center everyday? Is it on Sportstalk radio nationally everyday?

I don't hear it!
    jhil, bro, you are one of my favorite posters.
    Thank you and likewise!

But you really have turned into some jilted lover. How is it that you think EVERYTHING is anti-Tebow and the "argument has changed" for eveyrone else?? I'm trying to help you, pal..... think of his as your intervention, because you NEED it........ in a VERY bad way.
    I probably do. I have been BRONCO NUT CRAZY since I was born. I was brought home from the hospital by my father in a Bronco everything (1978) before that was common. Even at the age of 5 my parents had to cool me down when it comes to this team.

Now for most of my years they have been better/very good. But for some reason I take all this crap too personal at times. It is getting that way with Tebow and I have no problem admitting it. I have a problem when a National Writer comes to town for one part of one day and just piles on to all the bullshit already posted without adding anything new. They haven't been here. They don't know what they are seeing but simply just say what has been said for weeks by the locals.

For me, it just comes down to NOT LIKING Orton. I have no problem admitting that. My dislike for Orton is greater than my dislike was when the Tebow pick was made. I came around on Tebow quickly and I like the pick. I can acknowledge that he doesn't look good in practice. But I personally put more stock into game type scenarios and actual games.

I was the same way with hillis. I would think you more than anybody would remember that. I was calling for Hillis to a fault at Mania to the point of being made fun of until he had the 7 reception crazy game against the Dolphins after having sat for a while. People came around. I believe the Tebow situation could be similar.

I just don't see or hear it. I dont' see or hear it at the frequency or intensity at which it happens to Tebow.

Interesting question: What happens if we start Orton all year and he goes 4-12, 5-11, 6-10 and Cam Newton and the Panthers do better? Will that become a nightmare for the Broncos?

16. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

I think this Tebow vs Newton talk is ridiculous.

Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Mallett, Jake Locker, all look better than cam Newton and Tim Tebow right now.

It's a "who's better, John Kitna or Jay Fiedler" argument all over again.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Interesting question: What happens if we start Orton all year and he goes 4-12, 5-11, 6-10 and Cam Newton and the Panthers do better? Will that become a nightmare for the Broncos?
    Why would it? Cam wasn't in the draft when we took Tebow, and we didn't have a chance to get Cam.

The problem would be that the Tebow fanatics couldn't accept that he's better for the NFL than Tebow. But until then, its nothing but conjecture.

Why would it? Cam wasn't in the draft when we took Tebow, and we didn't have a chance to get Cam.
    Because many see them as the same or Cam slightly worse. Not saying that is accurate but that is how people view it. If Cam were to go on and win or look really good, this team's fanbase will become much more vocal (hard to imagine seeing where things are now) with the "I told you so's!" They will also be much less forgiving for having to sit through Orton for another year when they didnt have to. The thinking will certainly be that Tebow could have done just as well here.

FInally, the questioning of EFX to evaluate what they see will be questioned and that could be a hard thing to escape!

Conjecture, I know, but easily a realistic scenario.

Vic Lombardi is on a Twitter rant about the whole Cam v. Tebow thing right now and the different treatment of them, including ESPN praising him for tucking and running. I don't have time to paste in his Tweets, but here's a link to his Twitter page. Good points and funny to read:

http://www.twitter.com/VicLombardi

22. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

He makes an excellent point here.

VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
    Cam Newton vs Tim Tebow. Double standard? Remember, Cam was the TOP pick. #1 PICK IN THE DRAFT. But he's afforded time and patience. Why?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information