Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Tebow isnt going anywhere

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Schefter: Tebow isnt going anywhere

http://broncotalk.net/2011/08/23525/...ing-in-denver/

Schefter made several great points but made one thing especially clear — Tim Tebow isn’t going anywhere.

“Let’s be very clear about this,” Schefter said. “The Denver Broncos are keeping Tim Tebow. They wrote him a check last week for $6.7 million. They’ve paid off his base salaries in his contract as it was written in there. His base salary for this coming season, $1.6 million: it’s fully guaranteed, the contract.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

it'd be silly to cut ties with him. The intangibles and work ethic are there. He just really got hammered by missing an offseason with Gase and McCoy.

4. The Following 7 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    it'd be silly to cut ties with him. The intangibles and work ethic are there. He just really got hammered by missing an offseason with Gase and McCoy.
    I think the point was not that they believed in him, but that fiscally there is no point to rid themselves of him at this time. It's like reading a fortune cookie, always seems corny though promising and almost never right.

- Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

6. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tebow/Miller/Decker/McGee

True, but the powers to be started all of this BS. by raising the white flag on Orton. If the owners, coaches would step up to the plate like they did in Jacksonville when they acquired Blaine Gabbert from MO while stating that Gerrard is still our number 1 QB while Blaine gets training time in, then we the Broncos team would not have the problems we do.

The coaches and owners are to blame for all of this crap. Never ever say the competition is open then your fan base questions the QB regardless who it is.

This bs has most likely divided the locker room and caused harm in the personal relationships with all the QB in question.

Quit being little &&*^%% and stand your ground on the QB. Orton is the QB unless something happens. There all is ok now!

8. The Following User High Fived JaxBroncoGirl For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    I think the point was not that they believed in him, but that fiscally there is no point to rid themselves of him at this time. It's like reading a fortune cookie, always seems corny though promising and almost never right.

Yeah, the point to Shefters explanation is that DEN just paid him a huge amount of money, cause they had to. Dropping him now, would be a huge waste of money.
    He'll go to TE, and Luck or Barkley will be throwing him TDs for years to come.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    Yeah, the point to Shefters explanation is that DEN just paid him a huge amount of money, cause they had to. Dropping him now, would be a huge waste of money.
    He'll go to TE, and Luck or Barkley will be throwing him TDs for years to come.
    Stay out of my thread SoCal.

No! Dont do it! I know what your thinking.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Everyone knows he's a project but a project worth taking time for. Let the kid take his lumps and hopefully one day he becomes the face of the franchise. For now he needs to sit and learn. I just wish and would have more respect for Orton if he actually tried to help Tebow more. True leaders do that and are not afraid to give the younger guys some of their time and knowlege of the game.

But, I would love to see the interview with Hoge and Schefter. Some had said Schefter looked dumbfounded and disagreed when Hoge was saying all of those things about Tim. Anyone have a link to this?

He's right though, Tebow isnt going anywhere. The majority of his contract will have already been paid and it wouldnt make sense to put all of this effort into him only to ship him off. Orton and Quinn are both free agents and there's no guarantee that they will be back. Orton might want to test the open market and see what he can get. It's more likely Quinn would resign though of the two, thinking he could win the job. By that time Tebow hopefully has fully grasped the game alot better.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

13. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I think Quinn is the sleeper in the discussion next year. He's obviously way ahead of Tim at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Stay out of my thread SoCal.

No! Dont do it! I know what your thinking.
    It would be soo perfect too!

16. The Following User High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Fox also discounted the Silver article saying it could have been anyone that was the 'source', maybe the chef.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Fox also discounted the Silver article saying it could have been anyone that was the 'source', maybe the chef.
    1 minute ago - by Lee Rasizer - Coach Fox refutes report about Tebow being No. 4
    Coach John Fox reacted strongly to a Yahoo! Sports report that quoted “a highly knowledgeable member of the organization” as saying QB Tim Tebow would be No. 4 on the depth chart, if the competition solely was based on performance. “Maybe they heard it from the cook, I’m not sure,” Fox quipped. Broncos RapidReports

20. The Following 6 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

I think Quinn is the sleeper in the discussion next year. He's obviously way ahead of Tim at this point
    I think Quinn is finally coming into his own.

Week 4 we will get to see Quinn and Tebot battle it out in preseason. But Quinn looks like a much better QB at this stage of his career.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    But, I would love to see the interview with Hoge and Schefter. Some had said Schefter looked dumbfounded and disagreed when Hoge was saying all of those things about Tim. Anyone have a link to this?
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

23. The Following User High Fived D1g1tal j1m For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by D1g1tal j1m View Post
    Hoge idiot....nuff said

25. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Of course not. The notion that he is somehow on the bubble or tradeable is just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information