Thread: Not gaming but tech related - Phones

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Default Not gaming but tech related - Phones

OK - the Iphone - what do you think?

What does it mean if you want to buy a brand new phone (not at your phone store) and it says unlocked - is this important?

How do you know your cell provider can provide service to that particular phone?

Best phone in your opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

If the Iphone is unlocked it should work on all carriers, I believe.

Locked just means it will ONLY work on AT&T.

IMO the Iphone sucks though. There are many better alternatives, pretty much any good touch screen that uses Windows IMO is better as you can actually be productive on it as well.

All depends on what you want. If you're looking for pretty oohs and ahhs get the Iphone, if you want pretty oohs and ahhs but want to actually be able to do something work related with it, don't touch an Iphone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post

IMO the Iphone sucks though. There are many better alternatives, pretty much any good touch screen that uses Windows IMO is better as you can actually be productive on it as well.

All depends on what you want. If you're looking for pretty oohs and ahhs get the Iphone, if you want pretty oohs and ahhs but want to actually be able to do something work related with it, don't touch an Iphone.
    Any suggestions - i want to do email and stuff - keep a calendar and pics and maybe some music - doesnt have to be an iphone - actually would prefer something similiar but not that one - ive heard lots of bad things about them
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

let me add I'm up to renew my cell service.. Before dec12th

Right now on All tell, who will become Verison on Jan 1..

I like all tell because of the buddies list currently have 16 no charge folks I can call anytime cell or land line.. free all tell calls (guessing that will include version).. Also have free on weekends and after 7pm.. free texting for my kid.. extra phone lines 9.99 per month..

My daughter has gone through 3 phones in the past year.. wore a couple (Razors) of them out texting.. the key pad on one fell off.

I'm looking for a great cell for my daughter that will withstand texting from a college Junior.. will also withstand the humidity of Oklahoma.. and bathrooms with out turning the little spot red..

Any ideas are welcome..

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I love my Iphone. I have about 1200 songs and 7 full length movies, in addition to 500 pictures that I've taken with the camera on it. To each their own though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I love my Iphone. I have about 1200 songs and 7 full length movies, in addition to 500 pictures that I've taken with the camera on it. To each their own though.
    I've been thinking about an iphone for about two months...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

got a set of 3 black berries cost me 75 out of pocket..

Just have to learn how to use all the crap that is on it.. I can now get rid of my old palm pilot anyone know of a palm to black berry conversion program?

wound up getting Blackberry pearls but am bummed that they can;t transfer all my old ring tones.. Anyone know where I can get new ones..

There is one in particular I'm looking for it is called Talaban.. One that I use for my mother lin law..

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    wound up getting Blackberry pearls but am bummed that they can;t transfer all my old ring tones.. Anyone know where I can get new ones..

There is one in particular I'm looking for it is called Talaban.. One that I use for my mother lin law..
    myxer.com worked for me. you can even upload your own songs and get them as ringtones for free.

someone on here told me about that site, but i can't remember who.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

10. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Unlocked phones are very popular in Europe.

I always go for Nokia's. I've tried Samsung before, but they end up annoying me.

My new phone is the Nokia 6500 Classic.

I seriously ADORE it!!
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

12. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Nokia makes best phones. They are actually the leading supplier of MP3 players ahead of Apple. I like the N96 personally but can't afford it.

The iPhone uses the GSM protocol so it works with AT&T or T-Mobile if unlocked.
    It can't be used on Verizon or Sprint however as they use WCDMA.
    In Elway We Trust

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

scary thought

I'm not longer a text virgin, I sent my first one the other day..

Have been BBM since I got the new phone, but had never used text before.. Basicaly the same thing but only on the BB site..

The thing I like about Nokia is that the phones operate the same all the time.

Going from one phone to another is a fairly painless process.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post

Work related? Like typing up a report? Theres nothing my sister can do on her Blackberry that I can't do on my iPhone. Theres even free apps that give you almost anything you could need for your business. For my company, I have a spreadsheet manager, and auto e-mail reciept program, and a contacts manager. Plus the e-mail handles PDF and TIFF images beautifully which is important in my line of work. I think you may be jealous....

There are limits to the iPhone, but none of them really business related. Anything more than e-mail or invoicing most people just use their laptop as they should. Phones are about communication, storage, and even a little entertainment. I guess it all depends on what you use it for, but I don't use my iPhone for "ohhs and ahhs". Its a powerful machine with a lot of software support.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information