Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Stone's Top 100 Guitarists

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default Rolling Stone's Top 100 Guitarists

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...all_time/print

There are plenty of these out there, but I'll post the Rolling Stone one, because its definitely more controversial

(We had a Top 50 Metal Guitarists, but not a Guitarists in general thread...plus I posted this just because I want to know who Joe thinks is the greatest guitarist of all time)
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 11-25-2008 at 01:25 PM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Where's the actual list?

On the fine line between genius & insanity...
    Adopted Bronco:
    Elvis D!

Has their list been updated in the past couple of years? I can't pull this article up to see them all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Where's the actual list?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Velcro View Post
    Has their list been updated in the past couple of years? I can't pull this article up to see them all.
    Fixed, I think. Confused me for a few minutes too.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Did DC make it If not that list is bunk
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

7. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well, i can tell you now that Cobain was a inovative song writer but nowhere near a great guitar player. At least not at #12, same goes with Johnny Ramone. No way do those guys top players like Harrison, Townsend, Blackmore, Reid, Winter, or Van Halen. Not too mention a slew of others. lol

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well, i can tell you now that Cobain was a inovative song writer but nowhere near a great guitar player. At least not at #12, same goes with Johnny Ramone. No way do those guys top players like Harrison, Townsend, Blackmore, Reid, Winter, or Van Halen. Not too mention a slew of others. lol
    That's why I posted this one.

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

I cannot get behind Johnny Ramone at #17. No freakin' way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Brian May at 39 with Cobain at 12?

BS

Shooting oneself in the head does not make you a great guitar player. Great songwriter yes, guitar player... meh
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

15. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Well, as bunk as parts of that list are, I have to agree with Hendrix, Clapton and Robert Johnson in the top 5. . .

Robert Johnson was just amazing. Especially considering that nothing even approximating his approach was around before him. Like Hendrix, I often wonder what he would have accomlished if he hadn't died so young. They were both so revolutionary.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Well, as bunk as parts of that list are, I have to agree with Hendrix, Clapton and Robert Johnson in the top 5. . .

Robert Johnson was just amazing. Especially considering that nothing even approximating his approach was around before him. Like Hendrix, I often wonder what he would have accomlished if he hadn't died so young. They were both so revolutionary.
    You have to love the stories and the myths that surround Johnson as well...

Robert Plant is utterly obsessed with him. I think he even owns the land around the famous crossroads in Clarksdale.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    You have to love the stories and the myths that surround Johnson as well...

Robert Plant is utterly obsessed with him. I think he even owns the land around the famous crossroads in Clarksdale.
    The stories/myths are definitely part of the mystique, and it's hard to completely separate that from the actual music and playing. It's still pretty amazing what he did, in basically just a years time on the music scene before he died.

Sorry MB, that is a shit list. I know it's not yours so don't take it personal but it sucks.

Eddie Van Halen at #70?

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

On the fine line between genius & insanity...
    Adopted Bronco:
    Elvis D!

I think this list favors ranking from a more commercial standpoint.

23. The Following User High Fived Dr Velcro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Sorry MB, that is a shit list. I know it's not yours so don't take it personal but it sucks.

Eddie Van Halen at #70?
    I know. That's why I posted it instead of Guitar World's Top 100...because there was less to argue on their's

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information