Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway works with Tebow after practice

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Sure, but Mallet isn't a Bronco. Why even bring this up?
    No offence to you Socal but as Slick said Mallet isn't our quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Elway shouldnt even have to go out there.
    He doesn't have to do anything but I think he wants to.

If John has the time then why not? We see it all the time guys like Rod Smith or Deon Sanders helping young guys get better at the game.

Maybe John has an itch to coach a bit too. Can't deny that he still loves the game.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    Ah, i was around and Elway NEVER needed this kind of maintenance. LOL!
    TT is just not a pro style QB, which is why he needs so much work and tutoring from others.
    Meanwhile Ryan Mallet simply walks out onto any field and runs any kind of offensive scheme with ease, and accuracy.
    yeah that was one of the reason that mikey was hired (actually promoted) to ride shot gun on him..

John would not listen to his head coach..

one of the reasons that maddox was drafted..

While I'm happy for mallet he is not my player, Tebow is..

I'd guess you be a great fan on someother message board where mallet resides..

I'll take a kid with this knid of desire any day over one that is breed in a "pro style" enviroment.

make the success he has just that much nicer..

I suspect years from now when Tebow is creating plays mallet will just be another ho hum QB.. Another Orton..

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    yeah that was one of the reason that mikey was hired (actually promoted) to ride shot gun on him..

I'll take a kid with this knid of desire any day over one that is breed in a "pro style" enviroment.

I suspect years from now when Tebow is creating plays mallet will just be another ho hum QB.. Another Orton..

Well we do play the Pats later this season

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    Elway working after practice with TT can be nothing but positive for TT and the Broncos. But, as always, there will be a few who somehow manage to unzip there pants and urinate on it. Must be karma
    Like a TEacher staying after school on their own time to bring a slow learner up to speed.. that is a BAAAAAAAD thing because she is not grading the daily assignements first..

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

No - Reeves wanted to replace John, because he felt John & Shanahan were going behind Reeves' back.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    Seems to me that Elway is interested in Helping Tim be the best he can be...
    because once Orton goes into the tank.. Tebow will get his shot.

It makes sense that John wants to prepare Tebow as best he can...
    so that they can make the assesment they need to make...
    and then we will not be in this same QB quandry next season...

Orton will be gone after riding the pine for the second half of the season...
    Tebow will have some experience on
    which to base an assesment of his talent...
    and in 2012 we will be moving forward
    in the direction best for the team.

Either way... I wont be surprised if we draft a new QB...
    to compete with Tim..
    to learn under him..
    to back him up if he turns out good...
    to replace him if he flops.
    I think this is all pretty accurate.

#1 -- Tebow isn't remotely ready. Elway wants to see just how fast he can develop -- if he can really do it at all.

Remember that Orton has been practicing his 3 step and 5 step drop mechanics for 10 years now - 4 yrs in college and 6 in the NFL. Normally, that's how a guy gets DRAFTED in the NFL -- they run a pro-style offense in college and get the mechanics down there.

You don't get to the NFL and THEN start working on learning how to throw effectively and consistently.

But, that means that if Tebow is forced to start this season Fox will have to play him in the spread formation that he's most effective in, and NOT try and force Tebow to operate from under center which he can't do very well.

That means that even if Tebow wins a few games, EFX won't revise their opinion of him.

If Tebow is effective from the spread formation does that mean Fox will want him as the starter? HELL NO!

Fox has HIS style of offense that he wants to run. He's been doing it for 10 seasons now as head coach. He's not going to change what he thinks is effective and run a completely different style of offense just because that better suits Tim Tebow!

But, come January Tebow won't be much better at his basic mechanics than he is now. Elway can't spend every day tutoring him like a QB coach, he has a team to run.

And that in turn means the Broncos will have to draft a QB with their 1st round pick in 2012. Tebow may or may not be named the starter for 2012. Probably not.

But that means the Broncos will be giving a $20 million contract to some rookie. That makes it hard for them to name Tebow the starter and trade their promising rookie.

Hence the odds that Tebow ever gets to be the franchise QB in Denver aren't that great. He's still in the running and the Broncos aren't going to give up on him during his rookie contract, but it's not the way to bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phidelt218 View Post
    Well we do play the Pats later this season
    if that is who he is playing for unless we knock Brady out he will be setting for a few years also..

so wheres the beef

Might also be the reason he is knocking it out of the park he is on an established WINNING team..

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    No - Reeves wanted to replace John, because he felt John & Shanahan were going behind Reeves' back.
    they were..

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

#1 -- Tebow isn't remotely ready. Elway wants to see just how fast he can develop -- if he can really do it at all.

Remember that Orton has been practicing his 3 step and 5 step drop mechanics for 10 years now - 4 yrs in college and 6 in the NFL. Normally, that's how a guy gets DRAFTED in the NFL -- they run a pro-style offense in college and get the mechanics down there.

You don't get to the NFL and THEN start working on learning how to throw effectively and consistently.

But, that means that if Tebow is forced to start this season Fox will have to play him in the spread formation that he's most effective in, and NOT try and force Tebow to operate from under center which he can't do very well.

That means that even if Tebow wins a few games, EFX won't revise their opinion of him.

If Tebow is effective from the spread formation does that mean Fox will want him as the starter? HELL NO!

Fox has HIS style of offense that he wants to run. He's been doing it for 10 seasons now as head coach. He's not going to change what he thinks is effective and run a completely different style of offense just because that better suits Tim Tebow!

But, come January Tebow won't be much better at his basic mechanics than he is now. Elway can't spend every day tutoring him like a QB coach, he has a team to run.

And that in turn means the Broncos will have to draft a QB with their 1st round pick in 2012. Tebow may or may not be named the starter for 2012. Probably not.

But that means the Broncos will be giving a $20 million contract to some rookie. That makes it hard for them to name Tebow the starter and trade their promising rookie.

Hence the odds that Tebow ever gets to be the franchise QB in Denver aren't that great. He's still in the running and the Broncos aren't going to give up on him during his rookie contract, but it's not the way to bet.
    not this

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    Elway working after practice with TT can be nothing but positive for TT and the Broncos. But, as always, there will be a few who somehow manage to unzip there pants and urinate on it. Must be karma
    THIS ..

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

if that is who he is playing for unless we knock Brady out he will be setting for a few years also..

so wheres the beef

Might also be the reason he is knocking it out of the park he is on an established WINNING team..
    Exactly...look how Cassel did with the team after Brady got hurt. Not to mention Brady has a horrible record against the Broncos.

14. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    They WERE "going behind Reeves' back" if that means trying to install an offense that had a reasonable chance to win a SB instead of being garbage, garbage, garbage, for 3 quarters, and then ask Elway to air it out in the 4th quarter.

Reeves was an idiot who could never get it through his thick head that he had one of the greatest QBs in NFL history, and you don't hand-cuff him.

Tebow isn't remotely comparable to Elway -- not now and not EVER! But, Fox might well be wrong about this.

It might be that the best move for the Broncos would be to name Tebow the starter, install the spread offense and let Tebow run around in the shot-gun.

But, no way in HELL can you ever get Fox to be happy with that and as long as he's the coach the Broncos are not going to do that.

To try to keep this thread on topic....

I'm glad Elway can find a little time to work with Tebow. It tells us a couple of things. John doesn't seem to care that Tim wasn't "his guy". Meaning just because the current regime didn't draft him, doesn't mean he can't work with him. Also that John thinks it's worth it to devote a little time to the kid, even with a busy schedule.

He's the VP of football operations, right? Ellis and Xanders are still in the offices...hopefully doing THEIR jobs. If Elway is finding the time to do this it means it is important to him and that's a good thing for the Broncos, the fans and the Bullgators of the world.

It's not like John came out of college as a pocket passer. He had a hell of an arm but he made plays after the play broke down more times than not. So, he has a frame of reference. Early on he used his legs A LOT. He developed into a solid pocket passer over the years. If John thinks he can work with the kid and avoid having to spend another 1 on a QB, that's better for us in the long run as well.

If it turns out that Tim doesn't work out, or develop what it takes to be a QB1 in this league, as Bronco fans, Tebow fans, whatever, you can't say we didn't give Tebow every opportunity to develop. That says a lot about this current regime.

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Phidelt218 View Post
    Exactly...look how Cassel did with the team after Brady got hurt. Not to mention Brady has a horrible record against the Broncos.
    IMO it is going to be a few years before we have a team capable of Helping the QB so he does not have to carry it everywhere..

to be fair we have had NE number for years even before Brady we outright owne Bledso in those lst few years..

Just like INDY, PIT BAL has our number, that stuff happens..

But then those teams have been built over time via the draft all have one thing in common great GM's..

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

Your posts make me laugh....no facts all assumptions. Orton breaks leg in game 1 and Tebow starts, Fox is going to change his whole game plan to accommodate Tebow as QB? That would be a HELL NO, Fox will make Tebow play his way not change to spread offense. IF Tebow can not handle it Quinn will start.

So you KNOW Tebow's mechanics wont be better with some real coaching this year? As seen his is already getting the coaching he needs.

You do forget that Orton ran the spread offense in college and then ran it with McD. Orton has had many years to practice his drops in the NFL, Tebow has not. He will work on it and get better, that is a fact.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information