Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway works with Tebow after practice

Quote Originally Posted by Bullgator View Post
    That's because your priorities are ****** up. IMO to root for a man because he plays a kids game well or for logo/colors over his character is moronic and speaks to what kind of society we are. Pretty shameful IMO.
    that is a terrible attitude BG. It's great to admire high character guys on the field, but the organization is ultimately is what I root for. The Denver Broncos symbolize alot of things to alot of people, well into adulthood. Pride for a city, a lifelong love of the game, childhood memories. I personally think it's pretty pathetic when adults root for famous adults because they admire thier personality and blindly follow and support them independent of their idol's affiliations. Pretty childish acutally

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    This has been discussed on the sports talk around town...

Quinn seems quite happy to sit back and be the backup...

and there is a lot of money to be made doing so..

a careeer backup stays healthy...
    has a LONG career earning a lot of money..
    learns the game inside and out..
    and often moves into the realm of coaching...
    so that he can stay in the game forever..

like Kubiak has done...
    another guy who played pop warner football as well.

And you never know.. sometimes being the backup..
    a guy suddenly gets called on to serve..
    and is then thrust into the spotlight.

Quinn seems to be into acceptance of his role now...
    but, yeah...
    the future is unwritten.

Frankly I do not want anyone on the team tha "wants" to be a backup..

While they are needed they need to push the starter.. But I will say in this part Kubes knew he was never going to beat John out. But was ready when he wnet down..

Not sure we have a HOF type QB on teh team yet when we do then I'll accept quinn wanting to be tonto..

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

I root for my Broncos...

and I always liked the good guys like Ed McAffrey and Rod Smith...
    and John Elway...
    My boys went to school with Louis Wright son , Evan.
    Louie is a fantastic person.

I've never appreciated the idiots like that clown from KC
    we picked up on defense back in the day
    (Can't recall that idiots name) or
    Travis Henry the dope dealing multi baby daddy fool.

Each year we have new guys...
    and I like Von Miller a ton better than I like Perrish Cox.

I cringe when our kicker gets busted for a drunken crash with a stripper sitting shotgun...

And a guys like Tim and Brady just bring the whole team up to a higher plane.

It takes all kinds... you gotta take the good with the bad...
    and hope the bad ones disapear quick...

Go Boncos!
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    Frankly I do not want anyone on the team tha "wants" to be a backup..

While they are needed they need to push the starter.. But I will say in this part Kubes knew he was never going to beat John out. But was ready when he wnet down..

Not sure we have a HOF type QB on teh team yet when we do then I'll accept quinn wanting to be tonto..
    I would love to be a backup qb on an NFL team. Fans wouldn't like it, but I would

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ricky Nattiel

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    The people are more important than the game.

But we watch for entertainment, not to see good people.

If you want to just watch good people, you'd be better off taking your own video camera down to a soup kitchen.
    Entertainment at the cost of morality is folly. That's why I say we got our priorities ****** up.

Whats wrong with both? whats wrong with exciting play AND a morally rock solid person all in one?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

that my boy Blue

Adopted Bronco:
    Ricky Nattiel

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    that is a terrible attitude BG. It's great to admire high character guys on the field, but the organization is ultimately is what I root for. The Denver Broncos symbolize alot of things to alot of people, well into adulthood. Pride for a city, a lifelong love of the game, childhood memories. I personally think it's pretty pathetic when adults root for famous adults because they admire thier personality and blindly follow and support them independent of their idol's affiliations. Pretty childish acutally
    Im not sure you know the definition of "blindly following"... It is you who "blindly follows" an organization no matter what. I do not "blindly follow" anything or anyone. I put great reason and thought into what people I back. And Ill say it again, only a fool would blindly follow a logo OVER the real issue. Its one thing to be a rabid fan, as I know myself to be, its another to be ok with a rapist as your QB as long as he can throw a ball well.

Entertainment at the cost of morality is folly. That's why I say we got our priorities ****** up.

Whats wrong with both? whats wrong with exciting play AND a morally rock solid person all in one?
    few fans like the bad guys and most like the hight character guys.

Im not sure you know the definition of "blindly following"... It is you who "blindly follows" an organization no matter what. I do not "blindly follow" anything or anyone. I put great reason and thought into what people I back. And Ill say it again, only a fool would blindly follow a logo OVER the real issue. Its one thing to be a rabid fan, as I know myself to be, its another to be ok with a rapist as your QB as long as he can throw a ball well.
    no, I know what blindly follow means BG. You're really turning the subject and your manner of arguing into something else entirely. I'm a bronco fan before I am an individual player fan. I dont' think that's effed up. Sorry. If all your in it for is Tebow, you might want to question yourself. I don't know, I guess I don't really need anyone to look up to right now other than those in my personal life and which I already do. :shrugs:.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

why are we pissing and moaning about what John should be doing?

He has staff to deal with injured players, you know scouts to find replacements, trainers and Doctors to deal with injuries.. He is the decision maker and until he has a final diagnosis on these injuries and what the scouts can dig up and what his GM has to recommend if the guy feels it is important to help a fellow QB on the field who are we to whine about it..

He knows what his responsibilities are. He does not have to be told by arm-chair GM/HCs what he should be doing..

for that matter FF owners.. Ahahahahahahahahaha

Ownership and managing the day and what happens IS his Job..

If you want to bitch about it Buy the team from Pat and do your best..

I heard that the only reason Elway accepted the position was so he could get into games for free.

Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Would be a shame if Elway were just trying to improve the level of play on this team....

Why so much reaction to this?

I think its great, that the former great, is taking the time to help whomever. Wish he could talk the #1 into some extra work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Orange View Post
    Yeah, and Elways ability to traverse the various levels of the organization should be one of his biggest assets. It could remove the "theyre the front office and we're the team" way of thinking and make the organization as a whole think in terms of "we". People like being on Elway's side. One of the best ways for that to work is when the suits think he is one of them and the players feel the same way.
    I have always tried to remove the we and them from my work places.. But it hard to do when you have morons working for you..

I would love to be a backup qb on an NFL team. Fans wouldn't like it, but I would
    Hell I would take a Mil a year to get hit a couple of thimes in practice..

But we all know that that would not make the team better by having either of us pushing Orton for his spot..

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

few fans like the bad guys and most like the hight character guys.
    unless your a raider fan..

degenerates that they are..

actually feel sorry for folks that are born in OAK becasue thet falt do not know anybetter..

I guess ignorance is bliss.

19. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tebow/Miller/Decker/McGee

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    I agree, I want him to succeed, but I am not going to be a Tebow fan above being a Broncos fan. If he develops GREAT, if not, chalk him up to another McDummy move and move on.
    It is really easy to cheer for Tebow when I see him taking a kid out for a day or when he talks about the extra hours he will put in, I love it. It is harder to cheer for him though when he bounces in a 5 yard out and misses by 3 yards.
    I hope Elway can help him figure it out, but I am concerned that the President of Football Operations has to also be a QB coach.
    We do not have a "perfect" QB on the team. So yeah, I would take Tebow anyday verses what is starting for the team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Elway mentioned that he would help out the QBs on the team and work with them when he could. Glad he followed through with it. Who would be better to help a young QB then one of the best of all time. Its funny Quinn and Tebow both called Elway as soon as they got to Denver to talk to him. Orton never did.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information