Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway works with Tebow after practice

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    To try to keep this thread on topic....

I'm glad Elway can find a little time to work with Tebow. It tells us a couple of things. John doesn't seem to care that Tim wasn't "his guy". Meaning just because the current regime didn't draft him, doesn't mean he can't work with him. Also that John thinks it's worth it to devote a little time to the kid, even with a busy schedule.

He's the VP of football operations, right? Ellis and Xanders are still in the offices...hopefully doing THEIR jobs. If Elway is finding the time to do this it means it is important to him and that's a good thing for the Broncos, the fans and the Bullgators of the world.

It's not like John came out of college as a pocket passer. He had a hell of an arm but he made plays after the play broke down more times than not. So, he has a frame of reference. Early on he used his legs A LOT. He developed into a solid pocket passer over the years. If John thinks he can work with the kid and avoid having to spend another 1 on a QB, that's better for us in the long run as well.

If it turns out that Tim doesn't work out, or develop what it takes to be a QB1 in this league, as Bronco fans, Tebow fans, whatever, you can't say we didn't give Tebow every opportunity to develop. That says a lot about this current regime.
    Thanks for reminding me JohnE made a comment not to long ago.. That he was not a complete QB till he learned to work from the pocket.

He improved his game by not being a rabbit..

Great post Slick..

Sure, but Mallet isn't a Bronco. Why even bring this up?
    Because the 3rd rounder can run any kind of offense with ease and accuracy while the 1st rounder cannot run any kind of offense with any kind of proficiency whatsoever, and looks lost under center, yet he claims he took thousands and thousands of snaps under center to offset this glaring issue since last season. No impovement, and now the excuse is he didnt have official practice. But Mallet didnt have official practice and he seems just fine, and hes a rookie.
    Mallet is a pro-style QB able to play any offense, TT is a wildcat/H-back.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    No - Reeves wanted to replace John, because he felt John & Shanahan were going behind Reeves' back.
    Oh no! Apparently Shanny was brought in to fix Elways glaring issues as a QB!

4. The Following User High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by DSMBronco View Post
    Why not? How many times do you see retired players helping out the younger kids. Rod Smith did it last year with the recievers, Deion Sanders does it every single year with the labeled "bad boys" of the collegiate level. Who cares that John Elway decided to give the kid a helping hand. John is a good guy, always has been, this just continues to show John's character.
    Yes yes, but Rod shouldnt even have to go out there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    He isn't going to gain experience by acting as a 3rd level coach. Elway has a very important job he could be focusing on.

Wow, Elway taking a little time to help a young QB and people are disgruntled about it? Come on MHC, this is a good thing. To me this act shows that Elway gives a damn about the direction of the team. As someone else pointed out, if Elway trys to help Tebow a bit and Tebow still fails than the team moves on. But there is nothing wrong with Elway hanging out a bit to give Tebow some pointers. Good grief. Its not like he is really doing anything that QB coach wouldnt do anyway but coming from Elway it probably means a hell of a lot more.

Sure, but Mallet isn't a Bronco. Why even bring this up?
    I'm assuming that Mallet is a qb that is more suitable for the NFL than tebow. Either that or a stick used for croquet

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    lol there are actually people complaining that john mother****ing elway is helping out our young quarterback?

what in the heckballs, seriously?

Yes, believe it or not. Unreal.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I dont give a shit if Elway works out with him. I was just taken back by the comment that "he waits till now to go work out with him? LOL". Like Elway should have been doing this all along.
    Maybe Elway was putting his trust in the coaching personnel that was hired to do that job. If the guys in place arent getting it done or he doesnt see any progress maybe he felt the need to go see for himself what is going on.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

this thread makes me want to blow my brains out

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

i wish i KNEW as much as cugel does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Maybe Elway was putting his trust in the coaching personnel that was hired to do that job. If the guys in place arent getting it done or he doesnt see any progress maybe he felt the need to go see for himself what is going on.
    and just maybe he wanted to help out thinking it would matter..

This is not brain surgery that some are trying to make of it..

John is a BIG BOY now he is a HOF guy, he is a very sucessful business man almost a self made gazillionare..

why do these folks THNK he does not know how to mangage his time..

It is not like they are paying by the hour out of their own pocket..

Watch this thread go viral and go on forever.. the really stupid ones do..

18. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    i wish i KNEW as much as cugel does.
    Mis read that thought you said..

i wish JOHNE KNEW as much as cugel does

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    Because the 3rd rounder can run any kind of offense with ease and accuracy while the 1st rounder cannot run any kind of offense with any kind of proficiency whatsoever, and looks lost under center, yet he claims he took thousands and thousands of snaps under center to offset this glaring issue since last season. No impovement, and now the excuse is he didnt have official practice. But Mallet didnt have official practice and he seems just fine, and hes a rookie.
    Mallet is a pro-style QB able to play any offense, TT is a wildcat/H-back.

So go talk about him in another thread. This is about John trying to help Tim Tebow.

21. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

To try to keep this thread on topic....

I'm glad Elway can find a little time to work with Tebow. It tells us a couple of things. John doesn't seem to care that Tim wasn't "his guy". Meaning just because the current regime didn't draft him, doesn't mean he can't work with him. Also that John thinks it's worth it to devote a little time to the kid, even with a busy schedule.

He's the VP of football operations, right? Ellis and Xanders are still in the offices...hopefully doing THEIR jobs. If Elway is finding the time to do this it means it is important to him and that's a good thing for the Broncos, the fans and the Bullgators of the world.

It's not like John came out of college as a pocket passer. He had a hell of an arm but he made plays after the play broke down more times than not. So, he has a frame of reference. Early on he used his legs A LOT. He developed into a solid pocket passer over the years. If John thinks he can work with the kid and avoid having to spend another 1 on a QB, that's better for us in the long run as well.

If it turns out that Tim doesn't work out, or develop what it takes to be a QB1 in this league, as Bronco fans, Tebow fans, whatever, you can't say we didn't give Tebow every opportunity to develop. That says a lot about this current regime.
    Very good post.

there's only an UP side

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information