Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Legwold: Broncos Will Consider Drafting a QB in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    just giving you shit SOCAL! Funny comeback BTW!
    I know. I am gonna get a TON of crap until this next draft is over.
    Oh well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    I know. I am gonna get a TON of crap until this next draft is over.
    Oh well.
    Every time Barkley has a bad game, we'll post his stats.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Every time Barkley has a bad game, we'll post his stats.
    Barkley doesnt have bad games. This is all you ever see from him. LOL!
    Championship!

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Championship!
    He is definitely prettier than Luck.

6. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Cant draft your nemisis again. Let it go.

They should be thinking QB this draft. We need at least 1.
    I think you meant miss right?

As for QB I think we are ok there when Orton moves on.

I also think he will light it up this year and tell the local fans that south beach is where he is making his new home. Might even get aprime time half hour tommake the announcement.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    Last edited by Lonestar; 08-16-2011 at 11:23 AM.

I think Seattle is positioning themselves to get Barkley.

-He was Carroll's QB at USC
    -Seattle's QB situation is crap
    -They'll probably be out of position to get Luck, but in the area of getting Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    So if we plan on handing off 500 times a season why would we need an elite qb.

Oh I know another shiny toy.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    Because mixed in with all those runs is a PLAY ACTION PASS!

And to do that effectively, you have to operate from under center. The run draws the defenders up into the box, the QB fakes the hand-off and throws a timing pattern for a big gain.

But, to do that effectively you have to be able to execute the 3 and 5 step drop from under center. It won't work from the shot-gun; which is why Fox doesn't want to use the spread offense as his base offense.

Problem is that Tebow can ONLY operate effectively from the shot-gun. So, it's a very bad fit between Tebow's talents and what the Broncos want from their QB.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

And to do that effectively, you have to operate from under center. The run draws the defenders up into the box, the QB fakes the hand-off and throws a timing pattern for a big gain.

But, to do that effectively you have to be able to execute the 3 and 5 step drop from under center. It won't work from the shot-gun; which is why Fox doesn't want to use the spread offense as his base offense.

Problem is that Tebow can ONLY operate effectively from the shot-gun. So, it's a very bad fit between Tebow's talents and what the Broncos want from their QB.

How do you know he can ONLY operate effectively from shot gun? Do you know what WILL happen? I bet that given a season of 500 rushes that Tebows drops will get better with all the reps of handing off and only working under center. He was working with Elway last night on his drops and throws for over an hour after practice.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Phidelt218 View Post
    How do you know he can ONLY operate effectively from shot gun? Do you know what WILL happen? I bet that given a season of 500 rushes that Tebows drops will get better with all the reps of handing off and only working under center. He was working with Elway last night on his drops and throws for over an hour after practice.
    lots of arm chair GM/HCs here that KNOW what they know..

I'll let John and JohnE deal with it..

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

I gave TT a huge vote of confidence during the offseason to get the issue of playing from under center resolved. Clearly he didnt do it.
    I dont know what he was doing, but he didnt fix this. Its a glaring issue, and one i just dont think he has the capacity to fix.
    So off to H-back with Tebow, and DEN should draft a pro-style QB.

lots of arm chair GM/HCs here that KNOW what they know..

I'll let John and JohnE deal with it..
    John Engelberger!?!? Dude is a beast!

I gave TT a huge vote of confidence during the offseason to get the issue of playing from under center resolved. Clearly he didnt do it.
    I dont know what he was doing, but he didnt fix this. Its a glaring issue, and one i just dont think he has the capacity to fix.
    So off to H-back with Tebow, and DEN should draft a pro-style QB.
    SO Tebow had to fix this in one offseason something that he has been doing for I'm guessing 10 years or more.

Not having "his" position coach or OC clearly hurt him more than anyone else..

And before someone mentions it he is entitled to a bit of time off making jockey commercials and signing books.. a workaholic makes for a dull boy and burns out sooner.

Only a few moron predicted he would start day one.. Most knowledgable ex players coaches said he would take a couple 3 years to fix his issues..

So far he has had 3 real games 3 practice week at the #1 spot and a littl over 2 weeks of Training camp working with the #2 unit..

Unless I'm wrong that is Just a tad less than three years..
    Last edited by Lonestar; 08-16-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

SO Tebow had to fix this in one offseason something that he has been doing for I'm guessing 10 years or more.

And before someone mentions it he is entitled to a bit of time off making jockey commercials and signing books.. a workaholic makes for a dull boy and burns out sooner.

Only a few moron predicted he would start day one.. Most knowledgable ex players coaches said he would take a couple 3 years to fix his issues..

So far he has had 3 real games 3 practice week at the #1 spot and a littl over 2 weeks of Training camp working with the #2 unit..

I have to agree, but I dont think it would take 3 yrs, I would say 1 good solid year of working on it, but with no work from McD and no off season it is basically starting from the beginning of year 1.

Great excuses man! Keep em comin!

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Championship!
    Hmmm i dont think he has won a championship. I am a PAC-10 (now 12) follower and USC has been nothin since Carrol left.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information