Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Question regarding our starting QB situation...

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I knew we were going to draft a QB in 2006 because Plummer couldnt take us to the next level. The writing was on the wall.

Im sick of talking about Cutler, people that call him a head case, or whiner or whatever dont truly understand how everything unfolded.
    This season will be a breakout one for Cutler, IMO. We saw flashes of it last
    year, enough to get the Bears to the NFC Championship game. The Packers and
    the Lions had better be good because the best QB in that Division will be playing
    for Chicago, IMO. And I'm a Packers fan (after the Broncos, of course).

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

I think Cutler is going to have a tough year with that Offensive Line. Its looking worse than last season, and I didn't think that was possible.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think Cutler is going to have a tough year with that Offensive Line. Its looking worse than last season, and I didn't think that was possible.
    Watched a couple of Bear games last year. If that offensive line is worse look out Chicago.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by camdisco24 View Post
    Orton is a Vet in the prime of his career. I expect him to live up to what HE'S been saying and what the coaching staff is saying. IMO, if he preforms like he did last year, he is heavily underachieving based on what I have been reading this off season. I have MUCH higher expectations since that is basically what the FO is telling us.

If he brings us more wins this year, I am 100% on board to support him. BUT if we suck in the RZ and choke in the 4th quarter. I'm 100% done with neckbeard. Simple as that. Basically it's a strike 3 and you're out situation on my side.
    Question I have exactly how many victories should Orton have given the fact that the 2011 Broncos are not exactly loaded with talent on both sides of the football. Afterall, Orton is not a super star Franchise QB.

Orton can win 10-13 games if he's surrounded by talent. You put Orton on a rebuilding team and short of injuries (which come often), one can see Kyle winning 2-5 games for team woefully short of talent.

By the way Orton's propensity of injuries will guarantee Tebow will not ride the bench in 2011. But perhaps we should all be asking ourselves how many more games the Bronocs will win in 2011 with a QB (Tim Tebow) that should have been drafted in rounds 3 or 4 (at best) can win on a team that is rebuilding.

Point is, if Tebow was truly a no miss first round draft pick, Tim should have destroyed the competition and wiped Quin and Orton off the face of the map with his talent. And this scenario has not materialize....and will probably not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    This season will be a breakout one for Cutler, IMO. We saw flashes of it last
    year, enough to get the Bears to the NFC Championship game. The Packers and
    the Lions had better be good because the best QB in that Division will be playing
    for Chicago, IMO. And I'm a Packers fan (after the Broncos, of course).

-----
    I agree Cutler is poised for a break out year. However, his offensive line must protect him. Last year Cutler endured 50 plus sacks and managed to guide the Bears to the NFC championship.

No way does Cutler stay up right and injury free this year if the Bear's OL can't protect Jay.

9. The Following User High Fived Npba900 For This Post:

I think Aaron Rodgers is better than Cutler, Top.

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    For me, it stems back to 2006 draft. I really wanted to build a great defense and our middle piece was right there, then drafting a QB was like WTF to me so I never warmed up to Jay and his antics really drew me farther.

Many of you here have been proven right about McDaniels because I was a wait and see and held on to hope he could turn things around. He was in over his head and acted like a 5 yr old in a toy store. BDB is right that Bowlen has probably the most blame in this. I still believe with Bowlen promising Jay too much and Jay not getting his way, he shut down like a 5 yr old would towards his new HC and the organization. So we had two grown men with the same mentality and neither was budging and going seperate ways.

I'll agree that Cutler has the tools to be a solid QB but still has other issues that need to be fixed. Again, I find it ironic the same people giving Tebow no chance or the same ones that said Cutler will take years to get things straight.

One conclusion I have made is.......claymore is to Cutler as is Jagsbach is to Tebow!
    With me it all stems back to Pat Bowlen firing Shanahan at least 3 years too early! Bowlen hastely firing Shanny is real reason the Broncos and the fans are embarking upon its 2nd rebuilding period in as many years since the firing of Shanahan.

And Bowlen's hiring of a 32-33 year offensive coord who was only successfull due to coaching on a team that is a dynasty and a QB slated for the HOF, was this coach's only claim to fame. Hell had a veteran HC been hired after Shanahan's firing the Broncos would not have the QB constroversy(sp), Hillis would still be a Bronco and perhaps still rebuilding.

But anyway, Shanny deserved to play out his contract but more importantly Shanny should have been given a chance to see how his 2006, 07, and 08 draft classes could have panned out by 2011.

This season will be a breakout one for Cutler, IMO. We saw flashes of it last year, enough to get the Bears to the NFC Championship game.
    Cutler very well could have a break out season this season. If he doesn't though, his chances of making the transition to one of the top QBs in the league will begin shrinking because he is entering his sixth season in the NFL.

The Packers and the Lions had better be good because the best QB in that Division will be playing for Chicago, IMO. And I'm a Packers fan (after the Broncos, of course).-----
    Well guess that might depend on how you define "best" and which criteria you use to make that determination. I think it is highly unlikely that Jay, not Aaron Rodgers, will be the best QB in the division. Jay should be the second best QB in the division this season though.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Didnt they lose their starting center?

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I think Aaron Rodgers is better than Cutler, Top.

Yea, certainly at this point and time. And Aaron has had his fair share of bad Oline play as well.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    But Kyle gives us the best chance to win RIGHT NOW.

Forget FULL TEAM development..
    we dont need to develop the QB position...
    we have no questions to answer about 2012...

we have KYLE!

At least for the next 4 months.

Playoffs here we come!
    NO ONE that is not has not recently been in Belview. thinks this is a playoff team..

Being a cronic loser begets more losing..

They know that Orton will not be ready to start day one and are hedging their bets that as the season goes on he will get closer to the promised land..

But in the mean time they are not going to tank the season and create even more losing attitude.. will they win more games with Orton from what I see right now the folks that count think so..

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    and you do!

Yeah, Jay is gone never to come back and is extremely happy to be with his lifelong dream team but the question of how things went down....well, it'll always be speculative until the truth comes out by all parties involved. I'm not too proud to admit being wrong but until then I believe the way I do and you believe the way you do.

With all this said, why do you give Jay so much love and leeway but are quick to give up on Tebow and can't stand that people believe in him?
    great response to this tripe..

everyone that was not haivng a bromance with the guy knows he was and probably still is a head case..

the last SAN game in 08 proved just how easy he was to get to..Rivers owned him..and lately him ditching his hottie fiance. Well if that is not being a head case was is..

time to move on to current QB lets

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Didnt they lose their starting center?
    Yeah, and that was one of the very best.

Although, I think they got a decent one for his replacement out of Seattle? not sure. But when the OL is already horrendous, losing the best player from that unit is just going to get someone killed.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

21. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information