Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow will be starting by Game 3... Mark my words...

Quote Originally Posted by rationalfan View Post
    another prediction: tebow will be used in games early in the season; but if orton is injured quinn will be the starter.
    That's what they said last year....

Quote Originally Posted by HammeredOut View Post
    I don't think any games were ever on the line in the 4th quarter. From what I remember, the games were over by half time. When the Defense already gave up 24 points and 400 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Your memory sux!!!!

Jax
    NYJ
    Tenn
    SF
    KC (2nd time)
    STL

Were all games that were in reach late in the fourth QTR with Orton having the ball in his hands. He looked miserable in every instance excePt the NYJ game in which he was moving the ball until a bad snap destroyed our chances. He did look embarrassing trying to recover the bad snap though. He also won the Tenn game with a very nice pass that forced the DB to commit a PI in the endzone.

Orton as a Bronco has shown very little ability to lead comebacks. Which is a problem when you couole that fact with his inability to move the chains on third down early in games.

Bangarang!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HammeredOut View Post
    I don't think any games were ever on the line in the 4th quarter. From what I remember, the games were over by half time. When the Defense already gave up 24 points and 400 yards.
    You have a very bad memory...

*Edit---I see Chaz already pointed this out....my bad.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

Broncos could realistically go 3-0, and finish the season with 5 wins. If we do not start strong it will be a long season.

I see Tebow also coming in early because they need to know if he is our guy or not. While it is fun watching him run around... You can only do so much in this league scrambling and a leader can not keep taking that kind of battery throughout the seasons.

I like Tebow and like his play making abilities and hope he does well but if we don't find out this year if he is our guy or not... we will be back in the same situation.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    Dont forget poor 3rd down conversion percentage and horrific QB play in the 4 quarter of games when the game is on the line.
    HEY! HOLD UP NOW!

Remember, the team just needs to play better. Its not Ortons fault he chokes on 3rd down and when we just need a couple of plays to win a game in the 4th!

In fact its never his fault!

"We need to play better"

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Quote Originally Posted by Npba900 View Post
    If you want something exciting wait until Elway finds a way to draft a NFL ready QB!
    I dont know, I find 40 Td runs on 3rd and 24 exciting, comebacks from down 17 points exciting.
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty sure you were excited when they happened too.

10. The Following User High Fived broncobryce For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    I dont know, I find 40 Td runs on 3rd and 24 exciting, comebacks from down 17 points exciting.
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty sure you were excited when they happened too.
    I was excited! I would like to see Tim play. If Orton gets injured, or when we may get our wish.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Broncos could realistically go 3-0, and finish the season with 5 wins. If we do not start strong it will be a long season.

I see Tebow also coming in early because they need to know if he is our guy or not. While it is fun watching him run around... You can only do so much in this league scrambling and a leader can not keep taking that kind of battery throughout the seasons.

I like Tebow and like his play making abilities and hope he does well but if we don't find out this year if he is our guy or not... we will be back in the same situation.
    I don't see the Broncos starting strong, for more reasons that people may yet gander themselves. Oakland is a 500 club right now, they could have anywhere from seven to nine wins realistically, Jackson is going to be a better HC then Cable, that is my opinion and the team has pretty much stayed intact for the most part. Denver had little time to prepare, we've had several changes and the offense will be very similar, Oakland will have a fairly good idea of what we'll look like offensively because they can get film of the past two seasons and of Carolina over the past six or so years. If we're going to beat Oakland, it will have to be that our defense is the counterpoint, and mainly because of the playmakers, E.G. Bailey, Dumervil and Miller. Either way I see that as a true test of where we will be because Oakland is on the edge of 500.

Cincinnati and Tennessee are two games that will be up for grabs, either way the teams are highly comparable on paper with Denver and the pendulum could swing either way. Whereas the Green Bay and San Diego games IMHO will be outright massacres, maybe will be a surprise team and snaffu a win, but I highly doubt it. So really I would say at best we'll be lucky to be 2-3 at the break, there is a chance Denver could go 3-2, though I highly doubt it more then likely we'll be 1-4 because of not having the prep time of other clubs and the mass changes. I believe the key game to having a .500 season will be the Miami game, if we come out of the bye-week and beat Miami, then we could start a four game run that could fall in our favor, if the stars align correctly.

On paper we have eleven games that we should not win, and five that are on the fence that could fall either way. I don't believe we'll go 0-16 by any stretch of the imagination I don't think that it's possible - we'll win and lose some of those five, the real question will be what wins will we have against those we shouldn't have a chance against and again, Kansas City is a possible, Oakland could be one, but Miami still remains a key game IMHO especially when you see we'll be playing against Oakland, Kansas City and Detroit after that game.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    I don't see the Broncos starting strong, for more reasons that people may yet gander themselves. Oakland is a 500 club right now, they could have anywhere from seven to nine wins realistically, Jackson is going to be a better HC then Cable, that is my opinion and the team has pretty much stayed intact for the most part. Denver had little time to prepare, we've had several changes and the offense will be very similar, Oakland will have a fairly good idea of what we'll look like offensively because they can get film of the past two seasons and of Carolina over the past six or so years. If we're going to beat Oakland, it will have to be that our defense is the counterpoint, and mainly because of the playmakers, E.G. Bailey, Dumervil and Miller. Either way I see that as a true test of where we will be because Oakland is on the edge of 500.

Cincinnati and Tennessee are two games that will be up for grabs, either way the teams are highly comparable on paper with Denver and the pendulum could swing either way. Whereas the Green Bay and San Diego games IMHO will be outright massacres, maybe will be a surprise team and snaffu a win, but I highly doubt it. So really I would say at best we'll be lucky to be 2-3 at the break, there is a chance Denver could go 3-2, though I highly doubt it more then likely we'll be 1-4 because of not having the prep time of other clubs and the mass changes. I believe the key game to having a .500 season will be the Miami game, if we come out of the bye-week and beat Miami, then we could start a four game run that could fall in our favor, if the stars align correctly.

On paper we have eleven games that we should not win, and five that are on the fence that could fall either way. I don't believe we'll go 0-16 by any stretch of the imagination I don't think that it's possible - we'll win and lose some of those five, the real question will be what wins will we have against those we shouldn't have a chance against and again, Kansas City is a possible, Oakland could be one, but Miami still remains a key game IMHO especially when you see we'll be playing against Oakland, Kansas City and Detroit after that game.
    Well, the picture you paint isn't to pretty. We are behind the eight ball this off season with the regime change. One and four at the bye week sounds about right. Eleven losers looks about accurate. I've been saying we are a six and ten team and lately been hedging toward five and eleven so I would say you are about spot on. On a positive side if the stars were to align and thats highly unlikely I would say our ceiling is ten wins. Two of the stars are the injury bug and our run defense. They look like they are already running out of alignment so five or six wins sounds about right.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Well, the picture you paint isn't to pretty. We are behind the eight ball this off season with the regime change. One and four at the bye week sounds about right. Eleven losers looks about accurate. I've been saying we are a six and ten team and lately been hedging toward five and eleven so I would say you are about spot on. On a positive side if the stars were to align and thats highly unlikely I would say our ceiling is ten wins. Two of the stars are the injury bug and our run defense. They look like they are already running out of alignment so five or six wins sounds about right.
    I would say that the team's ceiling is about nine wins, so ten is not far off. But that would mean that we have to walk into the bye-week 3-2 and win that Miami game which lingers right there then go on a short win streak before the Jets shut us down that would bring us to 7-3, beating Minnesota and Buffalo is the eighth and ninth wins, so to hit ten we'd have to beat either Chicago, New England, San Diego in San Diego or that last home game against KC, which would mean that we swept them this season.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    I would say that the team's ceiling is about nine wins, so ten is not far off. But that would mean that we have to walk into the bye-week 3-2 and win that Miami game which lingers right there then go on a short win streak before the Jets shut us down that would bring us to 7-3, beating Minnesota and Buffalo is the eighth and ninth wins, so to hit ten we'd have to beat either Chicago, New England, San Diego in San Diego or that last home game against KC, which would mean that we swept them this season.
    Like I said the stars would have to align. Still for us to be competitive hear me out. I think there are four keys. The injury bug has to leave us alone. We have very little if any depth at to many positions. We must remain healthy. Secondly, we must be middle of the road in run defense so that we have the opportunity to make some of our opponents one demensional. We then could take advantage of our pass defense which I see as a relative strength. With Miller and Dumervil we should be able to generate a pass rush and our secondary is underated especially Goodman. If Moore plays well... gravy. Dawkins must find the fountain of youth for one last campaign.

Third, we must be able to run the football when our opponent knows we are going to run, late in the game with a lead, third and short and on the goal line. Lastly, Kyle Orton has to improve on third down. That's the barometer. If he does I think his red zone performance will improve as well as his end of the game stats. We will need some come from behind victories and Kyle is the key.

If these four points came to fruition, and we win all the fence games that you outlined we would only have to go five and six the rest of the way to win ten. The stars would have to align.
    Last edited by Canmore; 08-16-2011 at 11:52 PM.

18. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

If we need one quarterback to lead us into field goal position, Orton is our guy.

20. The Following 8 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    but I'm pretty sure you were excited when they happened too.
    Dont know about that mate, he didnt even know where Tebow was drafted.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    It took an injury for him to start as a rookie. And he's being benched so far in
    his second year (which, ironically, some like to point out about Orton). And he
    played okay- pretty well for a rookie - but not as spectacularly as some of the
    Florida denizens would have us to believe. And many considered his first-round
    selection a drastic reach - which may be bearing itself out as we post here . . .

But, all right, we can just say many of the others haven't come true . . .

-----

Ah no Studesville said Tebow was going to get a chance play. Add to that how poorly Orton handled himself after switch it's doubtful injury was reason for it.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Nick, it'll be very disappointing if we don't go 3-0!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information