Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want the Broncos to make the playoffs?

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Default Do you want the Broncos to make the playoffs?

I am kind of torn.

If we make the playoffs I think we will get humiliated again on national TV, drop a few spots on the draft board, and it might save Slowik's job.

If we don't make the playoffs it probably means that the Chargers will. I think they might actually deserve it less than we do.

So in retrospect I want the Broncos to make the playoffs just to screw the Chargers.

What do you think?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yes. Being there is always better than not being there. Don't let the Chiefs fans tell you otherwise.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Hell yeah!!

'we are a young team and playoff experience is invaluable for youngsters. That is when you need to see how good you have to play to win. How tight you have to play and etc.

Peyton Manning was called a bust since he couldnt win in the playoffs but he got that ghost out of his closet didnt he?

5. The Following 13 Users High Fived haroldthebarrel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yes because if we make it and by some miracle win our WC game and play the Titans in the second round, I know a guy who can hook me up with tickets so I most definitely want us to make it!

i think our sorry team as of now will make the playoffs since the chargers suck as much as we do. but i'll say this. once we're in, anything can happen. alot of our guys will be healthy again.

8. The Following User High Fived jrelway For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tatum Bell

Playoffs baby!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!

definitely. at the very least it will be experience for a very young core of players. we also know that this team can show up to play and beat teams that many people think we shouldn't beat. anything can happen in the playoffs, and if our talent on offense clicks somehow for a few games, we could somehow find ourselves sending teams home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

11. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

There were a lot of comments talking about backing into the playoffs -- but this team has five weeks to show they deserve to be there. The NFL is a competitive league and it continues to get tougher. If the Broncos could finish with a respectable 10-6 or 11-5 record; then I think that shows a lot of promise going into the playoffs. The best the Chargers can do is 9-7; and they do have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way out. Three divisional games, but they face Tampa Bay and Atlanta -- who are pretty decent teams.

The Broncos don't have to do much to get into the playoffs. They just need to work their asses off this week because if we beat the Jets, it makes it almost impossible for the Chargers to come back and win the division. They have to win out, and that means beating us the final game of the season. Yesterday's loss is disheartening, but when you're a young team that has been ravaged by injuries (How many key contributors are out or on IR?) it's impossible to always play the highest level of football.

This season has been a roller coaster, and perhaps a blessing in disguise. These tough losses and experiences will be good for the younger players on this team. They need to face this kind of adversity. Now, it's up to them to see if they can pass the test -- finish strong, and enter the playoffs with some momentum. I think they can, and I look forward to them doing so.

13. The Following 7 Users High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

Yes, yes, yes...do we deserve to go, maybe not.
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

The way we seem to step up to the good teams makes me think I would like to see us play them BUT if we lay an egg like we have done so often this year we will be embarrassed even more so than our loss on Monday night to NE.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Absolutely. As a previous poster said, at the very least it would provide our young players with valuable experience - win or lose. This team is so inconsistant, by just being there anything can happen. I don't have high hopes, but anything is possible.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Regardless of how we do if we indeed make the playoffs, the experience these young guys would get would be invaluable.

The reason this team is so up and down is because they are young and inexperienced. Giving these young guys their first division title and their first playoff exposure is the best way to build a confident team for the future.

Even if we get blown out in the wildcard game, it is still playoff experience. How many of our starters have even played in a playoff game? Less than half?

19. The Following User High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yes, i want to make the playoffs. Nuff said.

21. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Sure. An embarrassment in the first round of the playoffs may go farther than the embarrassment of not making the playoffs. . .I remember Shanny's reaction to the playoff losses at Indianapolis.

Speaking of Shanny. He better get this turned around next season, or I'm going to have to join those calling for his head. Yeah, Jay and Company didn't play especially well, but this is one of those losses that fall squarely on the coaching staff's head. The Coaching staff laid an egg this week, and they've got to get it back together quickly.

23. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I want the Broncos to win every game. So yea, I want them in the playoffs.
    I don't care if they back in or go in side ways as long as they're there.

I don't want an embarrasing lose on prime time during the playoffs but I'll take that over not getting there at all.

If for no other reason, as someone else said, we get bragging rights over the rest of the west.
    Merry.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information