Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do you want the Broncos to make the playoffs?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Making the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl is what you shoot for every year. I hope we get in just for the fact anything can happen. I want the Broncos to get in so we can possibly get lucky and knock somebody off each week and see what happens.

As far as the younger players getting experience, I don't buy much into that theory. The playoffs is still a football game. Nothing changes from the previous 16 games. It's still a game that is played the same way with the same rules and philosophy. It's just an extension by however many games you can win once you get in. If you can't gain valuable experience and learn in the first 16 games, adding an extra game or two isn't going to help much by adding the word "playoffs" in front of it. You normally play in the playoffs the same way you played in the regular season. With a mediocre team like we are, nothing much changes. You just hope to get lucky and play one or two of your best games of the year when you do get in.

When we played the Colts in those blowout playoff games, I don't remember that "playoff" experience doing anything but destroying people's confidence and even killing a few careers. (Roc Alexander) to name one.

This team isn't a championship caliber team, but it would be fun to watch and see if they could get lucky and knock somebody off. You never know.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Nolan / Andre' Goodman

Finally some sense c'mon guys...let's just be happy our division is so crappy we can afford these embarassing losses stumble half ass backwards into the playoffs and make something happen, we loose games we are supposed to win but we also win games had no buisness winning...do that three times and we're suprisingly getting our fingers sized up will it happen probably not, but can it ?? Of course i'll never hope the broncos loose never !!! Draft pick or for whatever other reason you don't know the outcome till the game is played. If the raiders had some of our attitudes they never would be sitting back laughing at our asses right now.......and besides i'll take the pain now cause i still predict we kick the chargers ass at the end of the year..almost a fair trade and yes right before we enter the playoffs !!
    ...they always act tuff in the club, cause they know i just got searched at the door.

shanny did guarantee a playoff appearance. mug better be right or the heat is on.

Quote Originally Posted by sacmar View Post
    Finally some sense c'mon guys...let's just be happy our division is so crappy we can afford these embarassing losses stumble half ass backwards into the playoffs and make something happen, we loose games we are supposed to win but we also win games had no buisness winning...do that three times and we're suprisingly getting our fingers sized up will it happen probably not, but can it ?? Of course i'll never hope the broncos loose never !!! Draft pick or for whatever other reason you don't know the outcome till the game is played. If the raiders had some of our attitudes they never would be sitting back laughing at our asses right now.......and besides i'll take the pain now cause i still predict we kick the chargers ass at the end of the year..almost a fair trade and yes right before we enter the playoffs !!
    i have a real dirty feeling that its gonna come down to the last game of the season. we win we're win. we lose, SD is in. be pretty damn nice to beat SD to clinch the division and ride that momentum into the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

If it comes down to the last game, we'll be sitting at home watching the playoffs. Other teams can beat the Chargers at home. I doubt we would.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Not only all that but since the goal is to win the super bowl getting into the playoffs is a good place to start.
    Merry.

8. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    If it comes down to the last game, we'll be sitting at home watching the playoffs. Other teams can beat the Chargers at home. I doubt we would.
    As of right it now it doesnt matter. The Chargers arent gaining any ground and despite the fact that they got Oak and KC coming up neither matchup the first go around was a cakewalk for them. ATL is coming up this week for them and you know Turner is going to have something to prove. Then they have to go to Tampa and then deal with us in warm weather again. They may beat us in their place but i doubt it will be easy so its not like they have it sewn up either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    As far as the younger players getting experience, I don't buy much into that theory. The playoffs is still a football game. Nothing changes from the previous 16 games. It's still a game that is played the same way with the same rules and philosophy. It's just an extension by however many games you can win once you get in. If you can't gain valuable experience and learn in the first 16 games, adding an extra game or two isn't going to help much by adding the word "playoffs" in front of it. You normally play in the playoffs the same way you played in the regular season. With a mediocre team like we are, nothing much changes. You just hope to get lucky and play one or two of your best games of the year when you do get in.
    I couldn't disagree more. The playoffs are completely different than the regular season. If you play poorly during the season and lose a game, it's not that big of a deal...you just make some adjustments and go out and try to win the next one. The playoffs are completely different. There is no next week if you play poorly.

Not only that, but the playoffs garner more national attention. More interviews, more cameras, a completely different schedule, a completely different mindset. I would rather these guys get exposed to the differences now, then later when they are expected to win playoff games.

Coming from a guy who played football and baseball in highschool and baseball in college, playoff games are much more emotional and much more physical. Everyone is out there knowing it could be their last game of the season or their only shot at getting a championship.

An experienced playoff team will beat an inexperienced playoff team a majority of the time regardless of talent IMO.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. The playoffs are completely different than the regular season. If you play poorly during the season and lose a game, it's not that big of a deal...you just make some adjustments and go out and try to win the next one. The playoffs are completely different. There is no next week if you play poorly.

Not only that, but the playoffs garner more national attention. More interviews, more cameras, a completely different schedule, a completely different mindset. I would rather these guys get exposed to the differences now, then later when they are expected to win playoff games.

Coming from a guy who played football and baseball in highschool and baseball in college, playoff games are much more emotional and much more physical. Everyone is out there knowing it could be their last game of the season or their only shot at getting a championship.

An experienced playoff team will beat an inexperienced playoff team a majority of the time regardless of talent IMO.
    With free-agency and the movement in the NFL these guys can play a playoff game this year and be gone the next. It's still the same game you played for 16 weeks. You may gain experience with the glamor, prestige, and the media, but when you strap on the helmet it's still the same game when you get on the field. It's the experience you gain in the regular season that preps you for the next season to get you to the playoffs, not the playoffs themselves. In my own opinion, playoff experience is over-hyped.

Again, just my opinion. An experienced playoff team won't beat you by experience from previous playoffs. They will beat you cause they are the better team.
    Last edited by Bronco9798; 11-24-2008 at 03:31 PM.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I do want to make the playoffs because--

A.) The balance of power in the AFC has shifted this year-- so it's not a foregone conclusion like in years' past that New England or Indy is going to kill us.

B.) The Broncos have shown flashes of being a pretty good team this year. They're definitely not consistent, and the defense is suspect to say the least... But they have shown that they are at least capable of putting together stretches of good football and if they were to get hot at the right time, there's no reason they couldn't win 1 or more playoff games.

C.) I'm sick of not making the playoffs and I don't want to see San Diego take our spot.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

If we can win out then we deserve it and should go.. but to skim by and back into the playoffs I'd take NO pleasure doing that no pride in it..

If getting the playoffs by slithering under the door because everyone sucks even worse HELL NO..

the Experience of getting there and getting your asses kicked IMO does not justify the emotional distress that the kiddies will take from the ass whooping we most likely would get..

frankly I do not think what is left of the team is over the PITT ass kicking we took in 2006 years ago..

We need positive wins by playing the kiddies from here on out and find out who are players and who are not.. Nate is not the answer, boss is toast, most of the DL is crap and neither of safeties should be allowed back in Dove valley except to pick up there gear.

Have tater deliver it to them.. that is all he is good for..

hopefully we can indeed find a way to win if we can and more probably we need to clean house on the D side of the coaching staff.

Start off fresh with a totally new staff that does not answer directly to the HC.. let them decide on who to keep and who goes..

God only knows whatever comes out of it can't be much worse than this year..

I'd rather have a better draft choice and a new coaching staff than a half assed one and done..

And if Y'all want to quote me on that in the future please use it in the correct context.. I am not advocating giving up I want to see what the kiddies can do.. so we do not have to waste choices on the spots they can play and we just do not know it cause they are to busy playing out of position OR warming the bench behind a hack..

16. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

I told my bro this yersterday morning.
    The raiders have as much a chance of beating us, as we do of going to the SuperBowl.

Hell Yes!!

I think we have to win at least 3 or the 5 remaining to make the playoffs.

@Jets
    @Chiefs
    Panthers
    Bills
    @Chargers

What three of those five games are we going to win? I can't see us winning any of the road games...which means we only get the two home games against the chiefs and Bills...and those aren't given (see the Raiders game).

The Chargers on the other hand have a good chance at winning 4 of 5 of their remaining games. So, if we only win 2...then they will win the division.

The Chargers have:

Falcons
    Raiders
    @Chiefs
    @Bucs
    Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by hamrob View Post
    I think we have to win at least 3 or the 5 remaining to make the playoffs.
    If we win three of the last five we are 9-7.

If San Diego wins 5 of their last 5, they are 9-7.

Comes down to that last game in that scenario. If we reach 9-7 we are in.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

If the Division comes down to SD finale, Denver will get destroyed.

The only thing they can do is win more games and maintain a lead going in.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

21. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information