Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want the Broncos to make the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Yes. Being there is always better than not being there. Don't let the Chiefs fans tell you otherwise.
    yeah, this thread is very "Chiefs fan like".

Word, midget.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

2. The Following User High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Humiliation wise - no - im not so sure the charges are worse than we are - that game last night was a squeaker - and our loss to them well - we dont need to go there

I find it utterly pathetic we have lost to the worst two teams in our division - both of those games should have been gimmies - there is no excuse - injuries or not - to lose to KC and Oakland - our entire 2nd string team should be able to at least pull a win out of their butts

I too can see BDB's point about the draft - we def. need to start making some huge draft picks (this is where Mikey needs to step off)

I also agree with NTL - if Mikey doesnt do something HUGE next year - im sorry but friendship or not - 2 rings or not - bye bye - its not enough to run in the middle - even to middle of the pack for years on end - at some point you need to bring your team to the top again
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

I'm sorry, but it is a NFL rule that someone from the AFC West must be represented in the playoffs. Since my Bolts can't sack up enough to win a game, even when they really need to, the Broncos are on the hook.
    Gimme some footyball, please!

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived NorthernLights For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Plain and simple..The playoffs are more fun to watch when your team is playing. Once your team is out, it removes the "give a damn" factor because you just don't care who wins.
    I hope we get in and surprise some people(me included)...;-)
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    There were a lot of comments talking about backing into the playoffs -- but this team has five weeks to show they deserve to be there. The NFL is a competitive league and it continues to get tougher. If the Broncos could finish with a respectable 10-6 or 11-5 record; then I think that shows a lot of promise going into the playoffs. The best the Chargers can do is 9-7; and they do have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way out. Three divisional games, but they face Tampa Bay and Atlanta -- who are pretty decent teams.

The Broncos don't have to do much to get into the playoffs. They just need to work their asses off this week because if we beat the Jets, it makes it almost impossible for the Chargers to come back and win the division. They have to win out, and that means beating us the final game of the season. Yesterday's loss is disheartening, but when you're a young team that has been ravaged by injuries (How many key contributors are out or on IR?) it's impossible to always play the highest level of football.

This season has been a roller coaster, and perhaps a blessing in disguise. These tough losses and experiences will be good for the younger players on this team. They need to face this kind of adversity. Now, it's up to them to see if they can pass the test -- finish strong, and enter the playoffs with some momentum. I think they can, and I look forward to them doing so.
    Great post. Five weeks to get some attitude and kick the crap out of people in the playoffs, or at least give them a scare. I remember last year the Giants came on late to finish 10-6 (with some worse losses than us, mind you, like Eli's meltdown against Minnesota). If yesterdays game taught me anything is that once again, in the NFL ANYTHING can happen. Hell, a 6-5 team is the #4 seed right now.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If we are backing into the playoffs than so are the Chargers, Raiders, and Chiefs. lol

Of course I want the Broncos in the playoffs. All I hope is that we don't get completely embarrassed by a very good team in the playoffs. If I'm 100% honest, we don't deserve a playoff spot, but we are far more worthy than the Chargers.

12. The Following User High Fived Retired_Member_001 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    Of course I want the Broncos in the playoffs. All I hope is that we don't get completely embarrassed by a very good team in the playoffs. If I'm 100% honest, we don't deserve a playoff spot, but we are far more worthy than the Chargers.
    If we win our division, we deserve it. People forget that we are a banged up, young team with a 2 game lead over the Chargers who were early Super Bowl favorites and in all honesty should be in 1st. Well they're not, we are. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Hard to understand questions like this......

The day I do NOT want the broncos to make the playoffs......is the day I would no longer be a bronco fan.........and that will NEVER happen...
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived broncophan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    If we win our division, we deserve it.
    Our division sucks.

18. The Following User High Fived Retired_Member_001 For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I accidentally posted this in the AFC West Sucks thread, meant to put it here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chicago's in first place in the NFC North with a 6-5 record. .. I don't think that they don't deserve a playoff spot. I think they'll get lit up in the playoffs, but the bottom line is that the #1 team from each division earns a spot. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by broncophanatic View Post
    Hard to understand questions like this......

The day I do NOT want the broncos to make the playoffs......is the day I would no longer be a bronco fan.........and that will NEVER happen...

Well, there are certain individuals on here (one guy for sure) who wanted us to lose to the Vikings last year so that our draft spot would rise. I find it insulting that a supposed Bronco fan (or any fan to be exact) would want their team to lose for any reason.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Nolan / Andre' Goodman

Some of the posts i've seen not just here by everywhere reguarding us loosing this game are getting way out of hand. I mean for starters we lost to the muth#$@#$ chiefs earlier this year yet when we beat the falcons last week everyone was all onboard. Did everyone think we were going to go undeafeated and win the super bowl this year ?? I'm extremly loyal like most but even i earlier said our expectations especially after the way we started off the year were way way too high. Our team is ok but it's not like we were this big powerhouse coming in...i'll say it again for those who missed it earlier " this team will win some and loose some....hell i even called this shit here http://broncosforums.com/forums/show...443#post455443 , i'm upset we all are, and there are definatly changes needed but damn stick it out with some pride the whining and crying around here is just getting out of hand, look at our remaining games do people expect us to win all those ?? Please c'mon..... but be happy for the one's we win, hate to one's we loose and move on......Don't expect more than this team can deliver......but hell yea i want to make the playoffs, i'd rather loose the super bowl than not go at all.
    ...they always act tuff in the club, cause they know i just got searched at the door.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived sacmar For This Post:

I just like to think of it this way:

If I told you at the beginning of the season that. . .

• 10 Broncos players were going to hit IR during the course of the season
    • That one would be placed on the PUP
    • And another on the non-football injury reserve list
    • That Bailey, Williams, Young and other vets would miss several games
    • And that 10 Broncos rookies would be playing on the roster weekly

Would you believe that we'd be 6-5 and ahead of San Diego by 2 games in the AFC West?

Hell no!

Look at that. It's a recipe for disaster, yet the Broncos have managed to play reasonable ball. Our wins haven't been pretty, but they've been tough fought wins, several of which have been great comebacks which show true promise and good character of this team. We've played down to lesser teams, which is something we've seen before.

Along with the aforementioned, we have a defensive coordinator and scheme that Pee-Wee football players could take advantage of. The fact that we are where we're at is actually a miracle, and I think says quite a bit about this team.

I'm usually not an optimist regarding the Broncos and tend to have rather grim views when we get blown out so bad -- but look at all the things I mentioned -- and maybe that'd help put a little perspective as to why we are struggling.

It has been said several times that good teams can overcome such things; and I believe we're a good team -- but I can't think of a time in recent memory where an NFL roster has lost a plethora of starters, including all their top four guys at running back -- along with some defensive stalwarts and actually amounted to squat.

I'm actually a little impressed with how we've done this season, all things considered.

*packs up mic and monitor and leaves* [Exit Cicero]

25. The Following 6 Users High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

We need more help and more starters, so from a pure draft standpoint it would be best for us to lose out and get a nice, high draftpick.

I don't want that to happen. We have too many kids who need to learn how to overcome adversity and should start this year. If we did lose out the year, I'd want it to be with our kids swinging away and always coming forward to eat more punches, not cowering on the ropes with their guard up.

If our kids can man up like Mickey Ward, that's all I ask. I know the D is bad. I know the O can't get it together even with the nice collection of young talent.

But regardless of record, by God I wanna see us fight.

I don't care about the playoffs one way or another. I only care about forging this team into a proper implement of destruction - not SELF-destruction.

Weed out the impurites, keep the ones with true strength. One of the things that has always impressed me about Bill Parcells, ALWAYS, is his unerring abilty to find the weak links on his teams and cut them out.

And everyone who is left will lay down their last breath for him, and for each other.

I don't believe Shanahan has that same gift, so it's up to the team to determine which among them want to bleed on the field together for each other. When we had strong veteran leadership it was easier to make people fall into line, and those who didn't were obvious.

Now that we don't have veteran leadership any more, it's harder to penetrate the general malaise that overtakes us when things go poorly.

We drafted a whole bunch of leader types. Here's hoping some of them can step up despite their professional inexperience and provide the rallying point for everyone who does want to be a part of something special.

And then we can cut off the rest and replace them.

Playoffs or no playoffs, that's what I want to see in the remaining games.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information