Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't get deer hunting....at all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by cswil View Post
    Oh hell yeah Beef.

You should see what we do ducks and geese.
    You should see what my mower does to snakes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Deer hunting is generally pretty boring...sit in a blind or a stand and wait...and wait...and wait...then wait because the buck that just walked by the blind was too small and not worth shooting so he'll be bigger next year...then wait some more...oh wait, that's just a doe....then wait...then go home empty handed. Bird hunting, varmint hunting, and fishing are far more exciting to me. Personally, I like to go spot lighting on my buddy's land and shoot what ever moves legally. Some times we'll get some hogs and leave with some good meat, but usually it's just coyotes, rabbits, skunks, armadillos from time to time, and coons at night. Raccoons that is.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

3. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Deer hunting is generally pretty boring...sit in a blind or a stand and wait...and wait...and wait...then wait because the buck that just walked by the blind was too small and not worth shooting so he'll be bigger next year...then wait some more...oh wait, that's just a doe....then wait...then go home empty handed. Bird hunting, varmint hunting, and fishing are far more exciting to me. Personally, I like to go spot lighting on my buddy's land and shoot what ever moves legally. Some times we'll get some hogs and leave with some good meat, but usually it's just coyotes, rabbits, skunks, armadillos from time to time, and coons at night. Raccoons that is.
    You forgot jackalopes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Never seen any of those, but I sure as shit would shoot one. Last time I went out, I shot some kind of animal, maybe a rabbit or a skunk or coon, and blew it's ass completely separate from it's body with my XD45. It was...AWESOME.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

6. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Never seen any of those, but I sure as shit would shoot one. Last time I went out, I shot some kind of animal, maybe a rabbit or a skunk or coon, and blew it's ass completely separate from it's body with my XD45. It was...AWESOME.
    Were you drunk?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

SR

sneakers hunts for low prices at whole foods
    Last edited by shank; 11-24-2008 at 10:25 AM.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I don't hunt deer for what I think are a couple of sound reasons

!) I don't really like venison
    2) Sitting in a tree stand in November is boring, as SR alluded. Really boring. Its also really cold in Upstate NY in November. And sitting still for hours on end makes you even colder. And your muscles cramp up. And because you are so bored your mind focuses sharply on how cold and cramped you are.

I have zero moral problem in any way with deer hunting. If deer weren't culled we would be even more overrun with the critters than we are already, and Winter Kill is a more brutal way for them to die than via a 12 guage shotgun slug (rifle's are illegal for deer hunting here.) I'll just leave them for the guys who like the meat.

Picking off Woodchucks is another matter entirely. They aren't very good to eat I imagine (though Claymore might have a recipe or two) but they are worthless vermin, and their holes break the legs of horses and cattle, so its easy to find a local farmer who is only too happy to have you plug them for him.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bief Stue View Post
    You should see what my mower does to snakes.
    I don't like spiders and snakes and that ain't what it takes to love me.

14. The Following User High Fived DallasChief For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Sneakers do you have a problem with all hunting or just deer hunting? Also is it just hunting with a gun or is it also bad to hunt with a bow? If they didn't allow deer hunting and had to resort to poisoning to control the deer population would that be more humane?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    sneakers hunts for low prices at whole foods
    They sell Green Mountain Coffee from Vermont, and that shit is good.

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Sneakers do you have a problem with all hunting or just deer hunting? Also is it just hunting with a gun or is it also bad to hunt with a bow? If they didn't allow deer hunting and had to resort to poisoning to control the deer population would that be more humane?
    yeah. Forest fires at a great way to control the underbrush vs the controlled burns.

haha
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by cswil View Post
    yeah. Forest fires at a great way to control the underbrush vs the controlled burns.

haha
    You don't want to be responsible for making the plants scream in agony do you. You monster.

20. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    You don't want to be responsible for making the plants scream in agony do you. You monster.
    One of the big reasons I got into the newspaper business was so that I could be a part of killing trees.

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    One of the big reasons I got into the newspaper business was so that I could be a part of killing trees.
    You are committing genocide, *******.

deer are sustainable.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information