Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Questions

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Default PS3 Questions

Im trying to do some research - i want to get my son the PS3 for xmas - we've always been playstation people so its not a question of which system - plus my brother has the Wii - I also have a PSP and with the little digging ive been doing i see that u can DL games to the PS3 and transfer to the PSP

My biggest concern is the PS3 playing PS2 games (since he has all PS2 games and the games being 50-75 he aint gettin alot of new ones soon)

I see that some PS3's are compatible and others are not?

How do you make sure you get one that is for sure compatible

Whats about the size 60 vs 80? how much should i worry about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    Im trying to do some research - i want to get my son the PS3 for xmas - we've always been playstation people so its not a question of which system - plus my brother has the Wii - I also have a PSP and with the little digging ive been doing i see that u can DL games to the PS3 and transfer to the PSP

My biggest concern is the PS3 playing PS2 games (since he has all PS2 games and the games being 50-75 he aint gettin alot of new ones soon)

I see that some PS3's are compatible and others are not?

How do you make sure you get one that is for sure compatible

Whats about the size 60 vs 80? how much should i worry about that?
    I'm here and happy to help.

First of all, most of the PS3 systems aren't backwards compatable (meaning, they can't play PS2 games). I think the 60GB CAN play PS2 games, but I thought they were discontinued. Well, it may be different in America, but in England they were discontinued to make way for the 80GB. I know 100% that the 80GB CANNOT play PS2 games, simply because I have the 80GB .

If you have a link, send me which one you are looking at, and I'll find out for you.

As for the size, I will be STUPIFIED if your son EVER manages to fill up 60GB. The size makes little difference. Secondly, even if he DOES manage to fill it up (which he won't), you can upgrade PS3 hardrives fairly easily.

What I found is that the 80GB was only £10 more expensive than the smaller size, so I obviously went for the larger size.

There is a new 160GB out, but that is just ridiculous in size.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Why arent they compatible - i did notice it looked as though the older 60gb were - i mean if he cant play his old games why wouldnt i just go buy a different system? Are they retarded?

Do you know anything about the hook up between PS3 and PSP?

PS - I knew i could count on you wookie - thanks

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Why arent they compatible - i did notice it looked as though the older 60gb were - i mean if he cant play his old games why wouldnt i just go buy a different system? Are they retarded?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/Comparison

Looks like the 80gb motorstorm pack is what i may go with - PSP, PS1 and PS2 games - which covers all my needs and then some - i think it will be cool to finally get some decent games for my PSP

Why aren't they compatible? You'll have to ask Sony.

Simple as, eventually the new PS3 games will dominate your sons gaming life. Of course, if he has a PS2 games library that large, you'd like to still be able to play them.

As for buying a different system, the only other option is the 360. The 360 is cheaper, but IMO, I prefer the PS3.

As I said before, the old 60gb plays PS2 games, but I thought they were discontinued.

Just to clear things up, is the old 60gb still available?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

what are your fav games?

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/Comparison

Looks like the 80gb motorstorm pack is what i may go with - PSP, PS1 and PS2 games - which covers all my needs and then some - i think it will be cool to finally get some decent games for my PSP
    Not seen a backwards compatible 80gb, but yah, I'd go for that.

As for the PSP connection, it's very easy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

prolly on ebay

on the ps site i see the 40 and 80

what are your fav games?
    I mostly like the sports games, but MGS4 was the best game ever!

Go to www.gamespot.com to read up on games.

You'll get reviews for them and everything.

prolly on ebay

on the ps site i see the 40 and 80
    You thinking 60gb?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    You thinking 60gb?
    I'd suggest going for the 80gb if you can get a backwards compatible one, if it's not that much more expensive.

If it is more expensive, then there's the 60 is fine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

well that link has the info on that bundle but the site doesnt sell it - im reading the forums and it looks as though sony is doing away with b/c

prolly still gonna get it for my son but not sure if my friend will get it for his if its not b/c - he doesnt have internet and wouldnt allow him to do that anyways (hes 11) and the kid wants a Wii - so if u have to keep the ps2 anyways why not go with the Wii

this is where sony is making a mistake and losing business - alot of parents buy their kids the latest systems not cause their kids are big gamers or anything but cause its something to buy but to these ppl b/c could be a deciding factor

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

PS3 60gb is compatible w/ ps2 games, at least mine is. The newer versions might have omitted the backwards capability chip set. This would the reason to go with the 60gb model. If all you do is play games on it, you don't need any more storage than that.

Sony is weird that way, everything is proprietary with them. That's why their Ericsson phones will not except standard micro memory cards.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

The old 60 gig was backwards compatible because Sony shoe-horned a PS2 hardware engine into.............................fortunately that's the one that I managed to get last year for James

I had heard that Sony were working on a software emulator for backwards compatability, but I wasn't sure if it had been released yet..

And because of music/video (it plays DivX!!! ) & pictures it's not beyond the realms that a 60 gig could get filled, esecially if you get Play TV for it as well
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information