Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 2

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Yeah, the last boss battle left a lot to be desired, kinda like the strange endings to the Halo games. GOW2 was an important transition into the storyline of GOW3, but it had its moments, like riding those Brumaks. That was intensely fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I thought Halo 3 had a good ending...
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    Yeah, the last boss battle left a lot to be desired, kinda like the strange endings to the Halo games. GOW2 was an important transition into the storyline of GOW3, but it had its moments, like riding those Brumaks. That was intensely fun.
    GOW1's final boss battle left a lot to be desired too. I never played GOW1 for the bosses. The storyline and the beauty of the game was enough to play it through multiple times.

SHORYUKEN!

4. The Following User High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

I woke up at 3am waited in line for about an hour and a half and made out with a 60GB 360 with 4 free games! I've been throwing down on Gears of War 1 for the last couple of nights. That game is awesome! I love the whole 3rd person perspective with the cover system the game has. The cover system is very similar to Uncharted. Once I start playing those kind of games I'm hooked!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    I woke up at 3am waited in line for about an hour and a half and made out with a 60GB 360 with 4 free games! I've been throwing down on Gears of War 1 for the last couple of nights. That game is awesome! I love the whole 3rd person perspective with the cover system the game has. The cover system is very similar to Uncharted. Once I start playing those kind of games I'm hooked!
    Awesome! What other games did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Awesome! What other games did you get?
    Kung Fu Panda
    Lego Indiana Jones
    NBA 2K9
    Tony Hawk Proving Ground

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    Kung Fu Panda
    Lego Indiana Jones
    NBA 2K9
    Tony Hawk Proving Ground
    Tons of great shooters on 360. Even the old ones that are now $10 or less are still great games.

Prey is one of the first that comes to my mind. $7 at GS. Get it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Tons of great shooters on 360. Even the old ones that are now $10 or less are still great games.

Prey is one of the first that comes to my mind. $7 at GS. Get it.
    Yup. Prey, Quake 4, The Orange Box (MUST BUY) has Half life 1 and 2 and Portal, and the ever awesome Team Fortress.

BTW about Gears 2. I found a nice choke point on the Horde where I've managed to get to wave 30 all by myself. I think its called Pavillion where theres a small area in the middle of a game where theres a tunnel that leads to a small clearing. In here is a Boomer shield. If you back up through the entrance and place the shield BACKWARDS towards the entrance (so other enemies wont kick it over). Smaller drones and wretches can get through sometimes, but all Boomers and Beast Riders just get stuck behind it for easy pickings. Plus you can line the walls with grenades for easy kills as people try to squeeze through the choke. Just make sure you reset the shield each time so it does'nt dissapear on the reset. The only reason I stopped at 30 is that I got tired.

I haven't turned my Xbox on in two months. I'd like to get this game. I still enjoy the first one. It sounds like all of you liked it. I haven't heard any bad reviews.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yup. Prey, Quake 4, The Orange Box (MUST BUY) has Half life 1 and 2...
    Are you saying the ORIGINAL Half Life is part of The Box? I know HL 2 and the expansions are on there, but I didn't pick it up because I had HL2 already and never played the first...

This would make me pick up The Box...

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Are you saying the ORIGINAL Half Life is part of The Box? I know HL 2 and the expansions are on there, but I didn't pick it up because I had HL2 already and never played the first...

This would make me pick up The Box...
    Nope, sorry. Half Life 2 (with EPISODES 1 and 2). Portal and Team Fortress take the cake, IMO.

13. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Just finished Gears 2 earlier. What a game. Definitely one of the best of the year.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

I'd get the Orange Box, but I only want it for Portal, and am just waiting for the price to fall. That game is just creativity in a disc.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

I picked this up last week. I finished it on casual last night. I must be the worlds worst at online multiplayer.

slickdonkey7 on xbox live if anyone wants to game sometime. I'm not online much, but when I get on, I usually play for a few hours.

I wish people still played Ghost Recon.

i only play games rated E
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

18. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information