Thread: I'm thinking of getting one of these:

Default I'm thinking of getting one of these:

I grew up with a Golden Retriever and would like to get another one.

I bought my Dachshaund (Frankie) from the lady that runs this kennel and she breed s these beautiful Goldens.

She's got a litter on the way from the father Sampson (see pic on web site).

They are going to be 1/2 American and 1/2 English Creme. She said the mix's are beautiful.

I would use him (want a male) for Pheasant hunting mostly and to have as just a good family dog and companion.

The English Creme make them almost white in color.

The males start out at $1000.00 each (ouch) but may be worth it.

She says they have great personalities and make great pets.

What do you guys think??

http://www.nighthawkkennel.com/ourguys.html

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I grew up with a Golden Retriever and would like to get another one.

I bought my Dachshaund (Frankie) from the lady that runs this kennel and she breed s these beautiful Goldens.

She's got a litter on the way from the father Sampson (see pic on web site).

They are going to be 1/2 American and 1/2 English Creme. She said the mix's are beautiful.

I would use him (want a male) for Pheasant hunting mostly and to have as just a good family dog and companion.

The English Creme make them almost white in color.

The males start out at $1000.00 each (ouch) but may be worth it.

She says they have great personalities and make great pets.

What do you guys think??

http://www.nighthawkkennel.com/ourguys.html
    Good looking dog, to be sure. You can never go wrong with a golden...all around great dogs.

I would say $1,000 sounds reasonable. Although, I would personally rather have a mutt from the shelter. I figure that I am not a pure breed, so my dog doesn't need to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

It hard to go wrong with a Golden Retriever! They train well and are almost always friendly and enthusiastic. The only drawback (Besides the $1K ) is that you will have to get a real good brush and spend some time checking for ticks every time you go hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Good looking dog, to be sure. You can never go wrong with a golden...all around great dogs.

I would say $1,000 sounds reasonable. Although, I would personally rather have a mutt from the shelter. I figure that I am not a pure breed, so my dog doesn't need to be
    I have a cat from the pound, he's great (for a cat).

I admire anyone who rescues an animal from the pound. The cat we got was going to be put down the very next day so we took him. Been a great cat.

My weiner dog is a full bred and has been a super dog. Therefor, I trust the lady at this kennel 100%.

I want to use him (the Golden) for hunting so wanted some good blood lines. She says they make great hunters.

7. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe View Post
    It hard to go wrong with a Golden Retriever! They train well and are almost always friendly and enthusiastic. The only drawback (Besides the $1K ) is that you will have to get a real good brush and spend some time checking for ticks every time you go hunting.
    I know, I grew up with a full bred Golden. They can also get hip dysplasia, which happened to our Golden. We had to put him down after 12 great years.

Most Goldens have a great disposition and are good people dogs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

turf, I grew up with a golden as well. We have a 3 yr old golden now and he's a great dog. I wanted a Lab again, but my wife wanted a golden because they are more laid-back (which they are). I warned her about the hair and she was 'it'll be ok'. Now, she's sweeping everyday with balls of hair and it drives her nuts. You want to bring him hunting, they are a magnet for those tiny birs (spelling), but great hunting dogs though mine is more of a family dog. My childhood dog was a great waterfowl dog. Sometimes I hate taking him out in the field because they get all tangled in the hair and it takes hours to get them out. I guess that's why most shorthaired dogs are better for upland bird hunting. Anyway, goldens are great dogs and awesome family dogs! $1000 is a little steep to me and I like my goldens a tad bit darker though I've never seen one in the picture. Good luck and you won't be disappointed

10. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad B View Post
    turf, I grew up with a golden as well. We have a 3 yr old golden now and he's a great dog. I wanted a Lab again, but my wife wanted a golden because they are more laid-back (which they are). I warned her about the hair and she was 'it'll be ok'. Now, she's sweeping everyday with balls of hair and it drives her nuts. You want to bring him hunting, they are a magnet for those tiny birs (spelling), but great hunting dogs though mine is more of a family dog. My childhood dog was a great waterfowl dog. Sometimes I hate taking him out in the field because they get all tangled in the hair and it takes hours to get them out. I guess that's why most shorthaired dogs are better for upland bird hunting. Anyway, goldens are great dogs and awesome family dogs! $1000 is a little steep to me and I like my goldens a tad bit darker though I've never seen one in the picture. Good luck and you won't be disappointed
    Yeah, I'm aware of the hair thing. Just have to keep him trimmed up and brush'd I guess.

We used ours for waterfowl also. He was excellent for that. He was good upland dog also.

They say that the English goldens, (in the pic) are better upland hunters than the American ones. So.......... i figure 1/2 and 1/2 would be a good mix and the best of both worlds.

12. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware of the hair thing. Just have to keep him trimmed up and brush'd I guess.

We used ours for waterfowl also. He was excellent for that. He was good upland dog also.

They say that the English goldens, (in the pic) are better upland hunters than the American ones. So.......... i figure 1/2 and 1/2 would be a good mix and the best of both worlds.
    If nut offers to help you with grooming, don't fall for it...it's a trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    If nut offers to help you with grooming, don't fall for it...it's a trick.
    I've got something for Nut to groom.

16. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Golden retrievers are the best dogs around. Super friendly around kids; know the difference between family and intruders; great guard and hunting dogs.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived NameUsedBefore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

My sister and BIL's golden is the dumbest dog I've ever met, but damn is he friendly and sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Toy Poodles Rock!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information