Page 396 of 655 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 394 395 396 397 398 406 446 496 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,940 of 9814

Thread: What's for dinner tonight?

I'm looking forward to hearing about how the tenders came out, WTE. We are experimenting with making a french dip with steak tips tonight, no recipe, just winging it. I hope it turns out ok!

2. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Real Mexican food from people who don't speak English as a first language. Only way to go.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    I'm looking forward to hearing about how the tenders came out, WTE. We are experimenting with making a french dip with steak tips tonight, no recipe, just winging it. I hope it turns out ok!
    The tenders came out great. My wife is supposed to be on a two week cleansing diet but she came home and saw the tenders and ate a bunch.

She's the worst dieter.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

We had baked chicken breast last night, topped with 3 cheeses and thick bacon. It was awesome.

Staying in a Lodge in Yosemite - after a long day out and really little restaurant-wise in the area room service is the call.

My daughter is insisting on Cedar Plank Salmon in a pomegranate reduction which I think is a terrible choice for this humble locale (and I love Salmon).

Way too tired to try to persuade into another selection. "What the hell, we're on vacation" logic prevails.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 03-29-2015 at 08:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

9. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

The salmon sounds pretty good to me.

11. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The salmon sounds pretty good to me.
    Agreed, but this location is remote. Suspect the freshness of any/all ingredients could be compromised. I generally play it safe when I have suspicions.

I ordered a cheeseburger which won't be much better I suspect, but 10-1 that salmon is my meal tonight after she tastes it and my daughter gets the burger.

If not she'll get the far superior meal, which is fine. But when my daughter gambles I try not to discourage it -- but I will order a kid meal to hedge my bets.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 03-29-2015 at 08:49 PM.

Where is Yosemite? Salmon run pretty far inland. I suppose I can understand if you're concerned about where the purveyor is.

I suppose it's not likely they're catching then out of the local river.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 03-29-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Where is Yosemite? Salmon run pretty far inland. I suppose I can understand if you're concerned about where the purveyor is. I suppose it's not likely they're catching then out of the local river.
    You don't know where Yosemite is?!?!?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Where is Yosemite? Salmon run pretty far inland. I suppose I can understand if you're concerned about where the purveyor is. I suppose it's not likely they're catching then out of the local river.
    Yosemite National Park, NE of Fresno, CA. Pretty amazing place.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2263729671.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	6939

My daughter won menu-lottery, hers was much better than mine. Kind of a sadistic-looking expression, but none of us are really "frame-able" after hiking around all day.

17. The Following 7 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

I knew it was in California, but not sure of exactly where in California. I've never been there.

I knew it was in California, but not sure of exactly where in California. I've never been there.
    I'm not really up on my National Parks on a scale but it's my understanding Yosemite is on the bad-ass side of them. Kinda this and Yellowstone I hear.

Massively cartoon-ish trees, waterfalls, and rocks. Very surreal. Unrealistic, actually. Reminds me of rural Hawaii in that sense.

We're here with my daughter's Girl Scout troop, so she has friends to do all this stuff with. Def a good trip thusfar. We brought the dog too so all very wholesome.

I won't like the 7+ hour drive back to San Diego Tuesday but that's not to be considered at the moment.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 03-29-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I'm not really up on my National Parks on a scale but it's my understanding Yosemite is on the bad-ass side of them. Kinda this and Yellowstone I hear. Massively cartoon-ish trees, waterfalls, and rocks. Very surreal. Unrealistic, actually. Reminds me of rural Hawaii in that sense. We're here with my daughter's Girl Scout troop, so she has friends to do all this stuff with. Def a good trip thusfar. We brought the dog too so all very wholesome. I won't like the 7+ hour drive back to San Diego Tuesday but that's not to be considered at the moment.
    I would say maybe the Tetons are up there too
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

My daughter won menu-lottery, hers was much better than mine. Kind of a sadistic-looking expression, but none of us are really "frame-able" after hiking around all day.
    I didn't see the burger so I have no way to compare

Room service huh? It looks as if it's presented well. How was the salmon?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information