Page 405 of 655 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 403 404 405 406 407 415 455 505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 9814

Thread: What's for dinner tonight?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    Hi niner. you get to change your name now
    I'll stick with this one. Those were very very special Super Bowls. This one was awesome as well. But it can't replace 97/98.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    Hi Joe! Super Bowl sure was nice!! Not quite like 97/98, but it was sweet!!
    What's up, my man? Been thinking of you and the wife. Hope all is well, and looking up!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    What's up, my man? Been thinking of you and the wife. Hope all is well, and looking up!
    It's a struggle. We live it a day at a time. Bumps along on the way but we keep fighting!!!
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    It's a struggle. We live it a day at a time. Bumps along on the way but we keep fighting!!!
    Let's see your abs you homo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Grilled Cajun chicken fettuccine alfredo.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Grilled Cajun chicken fettuccine alfredo.
    That sounds really good. We haven't made chicken fettuccine in a couple of months.

OH EM GEEEE!! I am going to make this soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7510283592_d8952bfd8e_z.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	8748

Filet Oscar.....that looks freaking delicious!!! Perfectly cooked filet with a mixture of crab and asparagus on top, with bearnaise sauce.

Trying an 8lb brisket on my Kamado Joe today - never really done anything so ambitious on a grill before.

We had some damp misty weather that meant I didn't get it on as early in the morning as I wanted - so am worried about a very late dinner because this should be a long cook - but am anxious to see how it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

11. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Trying an 8lb brisket on my Kamado Joe today - never really done anything so ambitious on a grill before.

We had some damp misty weather that meant I didn't get it on as early in the morning as I wanted - so am worried about a very late dinner because this should be a long cook - but am anxious to see how it comes out.
    how was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

tonight... rib steak and crab legs.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

How did it turn out?

Brisket is one of the most difficult cooks, so don't be totally discouraged if it didn't come out perfect. I've done a bunch of briskets, and didn't really start to get it "right" until the 8th or 9th one I did.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    How did it turn out? Brisket is one of the most difficult cooks, so don't be totally discouraged if it didn't come out perfect. I've done a bunch of briskets, and didn't really start to get it "right" until the 8th or 9th one I did.
    For a first try it was really good. Maybe slightly overdone and maybe could have had a bit more rub but overall a solid first effort.

I watched quite a few videos beforehand and thought I executed ok. Temp at the end was kinda unstable though and after many steady hours it started to creep higher than I wanted.

I did foil at the end rather than butcher paper which I guess is a "cheat" - I just didn't want to buy a bunch of new items for my first try.

I really never grasped how to properly cut the thing though. I just sliced against the grain and that was that. While intending to buy a full brisket at a real butcher I think some of the point was chopped off based on my weight request. I will be more particular about what I buy next time.

Name:	image-1351114814.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	8753
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

For a first try it was really good. Maybe slightly overdone and maybe could have had a bit more rub but overall a solid first effort.

I watched quite a few videos beforehand and thought I executed ok. Temp at the end was kinda unstable though and after many steady hours it started to creep higher than I wanted.

I did foil at the end rather than butcher paper which I guess is a "cheat" - I just didn't want to buy a bunch of new items for my first try.

I really never grasped how to properly cut the thing though. I just sliced against the grain and that was that. While intending to buy a full brisket at a real butcher I think some of the point was chopped off based on my weight request. I will be more particular about what I buy next time.

Name:	image-1351114814.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	8753

You want to request a "packer trimmed" brisket which will have the point in tact. But it's tough to find one under 10-12 pounds.

It will actually cook better, and stay moister with the point in tact, but it obviously takes longer. And don't worry about "cheats". I did enough briskets without cheating to finally perfect it. . . then realized I didn't have to work so hard, and could be more consistent with some cheats like wrapping in foil or butcher paper. Why gamble? Briskets cost too much, and too much time involved smoking them to mess around.

On slicing, you'll want to find the grain of the "flat" and slice across the grain until you start to get significantly into the "point". You'll know after a few how far to go, but the "point" grain runs in a completely different direction, as it's a separate muscle. When you get to the point where you're slicing as much point as flat, rotate the brisket 90 degrees and slice a little thicker slices against the grain of the point. This section is much more fatty, and moist. Somewhat thicker slices make for a better bite on this part.

Aaron Franklin (Franklin BBQ) recommends slicing the flat about the thickness of a #2 pencil. Then slice the Point slightly thicker, but not quite twice as thick as you sliced the flat.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

The butt of the brisket should go to the local homeless shelter. I only eat the lean part after the fat has been dripping on it for 18 hours @ 225 F. Slice it against the grain.

I stopped buying brisket when it became pricier than prime rib.

21. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information