Page 528 of 655 FirstFirst ... 28 428 478 518 526 527 528 529 530 538 578 628 ... LastLast
Results 7,906 to 7,920 of 9814

Thread: What's for dinner tonight?

I don't know what I'm making tonight, but tomorrow I'm cooking for the family get together (so my family, mom and dad, brothers family and sisters family) It's going to be terrific!

I'm smoking ribs, brisket and chicken. It's my first attempt at smoking anything. Hopefully I don't fail miserably, but I think it'll be alright. Using a combo of mesquite wood and Jack Daniels Whiskey Barrel.

ketchup chips are one of the biggest sellers up here. I have never had one because it sounds disgusting, but I don't eat a whole lot of chips to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

4. The Following 7 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

last night it was mahi mahi fish tacos, good stuff

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't know what I'm making tonight, but tomorrow I'm cooking for the family get together (so my family, mom and dad, brothers family and sisters family) It's going to be terrific!

I'm smoking ribs, brisket and chicken. It's my first attempt at smoking anything. Hopefully I don't fail miserably, but I think it'll be alright. Using a combo of mesquite wood and Jack Daniels Whiskey Barrel.

Oh no. Your first attempt to smoke anything is to do ribs, brisket & chicken during the same cook?

I hope it turned out okay.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Oh no. Your first attempt to smoke anything is to do ribs, brisket & chicken during the same cook?

I hope it turned out okay.
    It was amazing actually. Had the chicken for lunch since it didn't take as long to cook. The brisket actually needed about another hour of cooking, I pulled it too soon and it was tough because of this (not too tough to enjoy though) the ribs were pretty much perfection.

8. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It was amazing actually. Had the chicken for lunch since it didn't take as long to cook. The brisket actually needed about another hour of cooking, I pulled it too soon and it was tough because of this (not too tough to enjoy though) the ribs were pretty much perfection.
    Brisket is unforgiving. Especially if you're doing the entire packer-trimmed brisket. Trying to get it right along with the other stuff would be a high degree of difficulty in my experience.

From the looks of your pictures, you may have just been doing the "flat" of the brisket, which is easier, but might also have contributed to the toughness.

I'm glad it all came out well.

last night, went to the parents and my mom made butter chicken.

Tonight I will be having the sushi boat for 2, because gluttony.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

leftover tater tot cassorole

Dave, this is for you ��

Sunday night I made red beans and rice and fired chicken for 15 people, it was freaking delicious.

Tonight the wife is making corn chowder and monte cristo sandwiches.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Sunday night I made red beans and rice and fired chicken for 15 people, it was freaking delicious.

Tonight the wife is making corn chowder and monte cristo sandwiches.
    Tell me more about this fired chicken and corn chowder.

My wifes corn chowder is pretty damn good... I have no idea what she does but it's tasty. Off the top of my head it has corn, bacon, onion, celery, other stuff... the usual. If I could do one thing, I would maybe have her throw in some crab or lobster meat and a little bit of hot sauce, but its good.

Fried chicken... soaked the chicken in butter milk and a little hot sauce overnight, skin on, Only used a thin coating of flower with some garlic powder for crispness. Cooked at 325 for 12 minutes, it was absolutely perfect, So crispy, so juicy.

found the list...
    flour
    paprika
    salt
    pepper
    garlic
    onion
    oregano
    cayenne
    cumin

it also calls to put honey on the chicken but we didn't
    Last edited by weazel; 08-01-2017 at 11:17 AM.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    My wifes corn chowder is pretty damn good... I have no idea what she does but it's tasty. Off the top of my head it has corn, bacon, onion, celery, other stuff... the usual. If I could do one thing, I would maybe have her throw in some crab or lobster meat and a little bit of hot sauce, but its good.

Fried chicken... soaked the chicken in butter milk and a little hot sauce overnight, skin on, Only used a thin coating of flower with some garlic powder for crispness. Cooked at 325 for 12 minutes, it was absolutely perfect, So crispy, so juicy.

found the list...
    flour
    paprika
    salt
    pepper
    garlic
    onion
    oregano
    cayenne
    cumin

it also calls to put honey on the chicken but we didn't
    How is your red beans and rice coming along? You have it down yet or are you still working on perfecting your recipe?

Going to El Fogon for some tacos al pastor and a chuleta de res. Gonna misbehave big time tonight and looking forward to it!

20. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information