Page 89 of 655 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 589 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 9814

Thread: What's for dinner tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Tell us about the last dish your wife made that stunk.

I can't think of one. SR that sounds amazing!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    I can't think of one. SR that sounds amazing!
    It was so damn good. I'm glad I cooked as much chicken as I did because I'll have leftovers all week.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I cooked chicken in the slow cooker yesterday. I took almost two and a half pounds of boneless, skinless, thin-sliced chicken breast and a bunch of salsa and cooked it on low for six hours, shredded the chicken, cooked some black beans and Zataran's yellow rice and made some shredded chicken soft tacos. It was amazing.
    That very similar to the shredded beef taco recipes I make in the slow cooker. Only difference I add a 1/2 cup of beer and some more spices to it.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post

That very similar to the shredded beef taco recipes I make in the slow cooker. Only difference I add a 1/2 cup of beer and some more spices to it.
    I'm going to experiment some. This was a spur of the moment thing. Next time I may use some beef and season it instead of just using salsa. What kind of beef and seasoning do you use?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm going to experiment some. This was a spur of the moment thing. Next time I may use some beef and season it instead of just using salsa. What kind of beef and seasoning do you use?
    I slow-cook the chicken breasts in red enchilada sauce, with diced onions and green peppers. A little water added to fully cover the chicken

Not sure this will help, but my standard southwest seasoning is 2 tbsp cumin, 2 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp garlic, 1 tbsp black pepper, 1 tbsp white pepper, 2 tsp cayenne pepper, 2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes. You could add salt, but I don't.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

I slow-cook the chicken breasts in red enchilada sauce, with diced onions and green peppers. A little water added to fully cover the chicken

Not sure this will help, but my standard southwest seasoning is 2 tbsp cumin, 2 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp garlic, 1 tbsp black pepper, 1 tbsp white pepper, 2 tsp cayenne pepper, 2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes. You could add salt, but I don't.
    That's what's up. I'm gonna write that down.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

so SR what was your salsa to chicken ratio in that recipe?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

so SR what was your salsa to chicken ratio in that recipe?
    I took a 2.3 pound package of the Tyson thin sliced chicken breasts and two 10oz containers of salsa. I dumped one container of salsa in the slow cooker, then laid the chicken on top of that and smothered the chicken with the other container of salsa. With what I used, it would've worked better in a smaller slow cooker, like a five quart. Once it was done I scooped the chicken up with a big spoon in to a Tupperware container, then shredded it with a knife and a fork. It was like butter. But I scooped up all of the salsa that was left in the slow cooker and mixed it in with the shredded chicken.

9. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

I took a 2.3 pound package of the Tyson thin sliced chicken breasts and two 10oz containers of salsa. I dumped one container of salsa in the slow cooker, then laid the chicken on top of that and smothered the chicken with the other container of salsa. With what I used, it would've worked better in a smaller slow cooker, like a five quart. Once it was done I scooped the chicken up with a big spoon in to a Tupperware container, then shredded it with a knife and a fork. It was like butter. But I scooped up all of the salsa that was left in the slow cooker and mixed it in with the shredded chicken.

Nice, I think I'm going to do this soon

11. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Let me know how you like it. Using as much chicken as I did will give you enough leftovers for a few days. You can use a pound and still have quite a bit of leftovers.

Let me know how you like it. Using as much chicken as I did will give you enough leftovers for a few days. You can use a pound and still have quite a bit of leftovers.
    I was thinking a pound and a half, there's 3 of us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I was thinking a pound and a half, there's 3 of us.
    That'll probably work. I try to cook a lot on the weekend so that I have leftovers for lunch for the week.

Don't you mean you're going to have Mrs. Cleaver make this soon?

Attachment 2279

16. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

SR

Your bitter jealousy isn't attractive, WTE.

18. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

WTE

Pags, how was the drive home in the snow last night? Did you take the Forester?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information