Thread: What's for dinner tonight?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Diablo pasta on Ash Wednesday?
    Yes. It was shrimp, no meat.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I'm going to do some old-fashioned fried chicken and mashed potatoes tonight. I have it marinating in a buttermilk brine now, and while I'm at it, I've got the rest of the chicken carcass in a stock pot making some homemade chicken stock.

Fried chicken always sounds good, but damn it, it turns into an all-day project.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I'm going to do some old-fashioned fried chicken and mashed potatoes tonight. I have it marinating in a buttermilk brine now, and while I'm at it, I've got the rest of the chicken carcass in a stock pot making some homemade chicken stock.

Fried chicken always sounds good, but damn it, it turns into an all-day project.
    How'd it turn out?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Tuna salad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    How'd it turn out?
    It was okay. It was my first go at frying chicken. .. . tougher than it looks.

But I got some good experience and know what I'll change next time. Primarily, a lot more seasoning. It was just under-seasoned and you can't fix that easily after the fact with fried chicken. Also, there's a learning curve to getting and keeping your oil at the right temperature. It'll be a lot better next time.

The stock is awesome, I can't wait to use it for some gumbo or some red beans & rice. It came out perfectly.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    It was okay. It was my first go at frying chicken. .. . tougher than it looks.

But I got some good experience and know what I'll change next time. Primarily, a lot more seasoning. It was just under-seasoned and you can't fix that easily after the fact with fried chicken. Also, there's a learning curve to getting and keeping your oil at the right temperature. It'll be a lot better next time.

The stock is awesome, I can't wait to use it for some gumbo or some red beans & rice. It came out perfectly.
    My mom used pancake dry batter. Makes the best fried chicken! You can put whatever seasonings in with that dry mix.

Super good fried checked!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Burgers and tots tonight. Going to smoke some beef back ribs for the first time this weekend!

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Beyond burger on a pretzel bun, onion rings, and sugar snap peas from my garden.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I made the mistake of having ice cream after lunch today. I am lactose intolerant, and have felt like shit all afternoon.

Why did I do that?

Adopted Bronco:

Cabbage soup and pierogis.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Eggplant parm with gnocchi

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Eggplant parm with gnocchi
    That sounds great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I love gnocchi. Good stuff.
    - John Elway

19. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230827_234409468~2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	21463

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Had dinner at Bastien's on Colfax tonight. Any of you been there? Freakin' delicious! I think Pags would approve. I had the 10 oz New York Strip, Aesop style (topped with horseradish sauteed spinach and a fried egg), with French onion soup and a twice-baked potato, and a couple Kentucky mules (bourbon, ginger beer and lime). I say god damn! God damn.
    - John Elway

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information