Page 639 of 655 FirstFirst ... 139 539 589 629 637 638 639 640 641 649 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 9814

Thread: What's for dinner tonight?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    That looks better than some of the food at (good) eateries in my city. Well done!

I missed my calling.

2. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I missed my calling.
    Maybe cook for the office and charge them for it? Eh?

I made this dish last fall sometime. Nam Tok - "Waterfall Beef Salad". I've been meaning to do it again:

It's Flank steak marinated in a Soy Sauce based marinade and grilled over high heat. After resting, slice against the grain and toss with shallots, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, Fish Sauce, and mint leaves for garnish.

Attachment 18715

Attachment 18716

Attachment 18716

I think I've figured out something for the menu this weekend.
    That looks really good. Asians....even when eating small, non fancy meals....are big on presentation and having the food look really good.

I like Thai food alot. Wife is vietnamese and she does too.....and she cooks alot of vietnamese dishes that are really good (and some that are absolutely not)

5. The Following User High Fived Zerovoltz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
    That looks really good. Asians....even when eating small, non fancy meals....are big on presentation and having the food look really good.

I like Thai food alot. Wife is vietnamese and she does too.....and she cooks alot of vietnamese dishes that are really good (and some that are absolutely not)
    We have a Vietnamese restaurant nearby. I order this dish with grilled pork and vermicelli; fish sauce is included of course. Peanuts give it this great crunch. I think it's called Thit Nuong. So good.

Since Viet Nam was a colony of France for so long they have all of these French influences. I love Bahn Mi, which is a sandwich on a baguette.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

We have a Vietnamese restaurant nearby. I order this dish with grilled pork and vermicelli; fish sauce is included of course. Peanuts give it this great crunch. I think it's called Thit Nuong. So good.

Since Viet Nam was a colony of France for so long they have all of these French influences. I love Bahn Mi, which is a sandwich on a baguette.
    Huge bahn mi fan and kimchi straight up from the jar. We just had burgers tonight but before that the wife whipped up an eggplant parm to have whenever.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Huge bahn mi fan and kimchi straight up from the jar. We just had burgers tonight but before that the wife whipped up an eggplant parm to have whenever.
    I've made a couple of batches of kimchi, neither batch has been exceptional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I've made a couple of batches of kimchi, neither batch has been exceptional.
    I've wanted to try, but multi-day fermenting processes in the kitchen don't exactly excite my wife.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I've wanted to try, but multi-day fermenting processes in the kitchen don't exactly excite my wife.
    This one is benign. It's really only a 24hr and there's no funk. I don't like kimchi that is super pickled, I like it more savory.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    This one is benign. It's really only a 24hr and there's no funk. I don't like kimchi that is super pickled, I like it more savory.
    You may have posted a recipe/process before. Do you have it handy?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Sandwiches from Subway.

17. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

This is the best Kimchi I have had. I can't open it unless my wife is in bed due to the funk factor. Beats any store brand I have had. I also have one of these and I usually keep my ferments in the basement.

https://www.polishpotteryshop.com/pr...BoC_5gQAvD_BwE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kimchi.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	18751

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

This is the best Kimchi I have had. I can't open it unless my wife is in bed due to the funk factor. Beats any store brand I have had. I also have one of these and I usually keep my ferments in the basement.

Fun Oklahoma Fact: Nobody has basements. (Not exactly nobody, but unless your home was built 100 years ago or earlier you are very unlikely to have a basement.)

I'll see if I can find a jar of that.

Fun Oklahoma Fact: Nobody has basements. (Not exactly nobody, but unless your home was built 100 years ago or earlier you are very unlikely to have a basement.)

I'll see if I can find a jar of that.
    Ah that's too bad, do you have a shed, lol. Also you will not find it, it's a local NH farm that is at the farmer's market I go to. Their lacto fermented pickles are good too almost taste the same as mine but theirs are a lot more expensive than me doing it myself. I have a fermenting book on my kindle I will see if I can share their Kimchi recipe.

22. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

https://www.tablefortwoblog.com/how-...memade-kimchi/

24. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I like the funk, but not if it's just a mad vinegar wang.

Make sense? I'd like to try that one.

But a local Korean restaurant makes the most delicious kimchi. I'm trying to make it like theirs.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information