Page 635 of 655 FirstFirst ... 135 535 585 625 633 634 635 636 637 645 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,525 of 9814

Thread: What's for dinner tonight?

Chicken Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaandwich!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Roasted veggies, pressure-cooked potato chunks, sausage and onions. I'd post a pic, but I can only handle so much jealousy and fame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Rotisserie boneless turkey breast onions and potatoes and cucumber salad (not pictured)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROT turkey breast.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	17519

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

We’ve had some great dinners lately. I made some country style ribs in the Dutch oven with homemade potato salad and baked beans, did Waikiki meatballs on white rice and also found a great recipe for chicken enchiladas. My wife made a red curry with lentils, then a Pad Thai with tofu and she also did an elopozole. It’s similar to pozole except the soup is made with guajillo peppers and regular corn instead of hominy and has mushrooms, zucchini and green beans in it.

Tonight it’s my turn to cook again. I’ve got 5 legs, 5 wings, 4 thighs and two chicken breasts marinating in buttermilk, worstershire, pickle juice, paprika and cayenne pepper. Going to fry that up in the cast iron skillet and do some mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.

7. The Following 7 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I've been working on learning Thai cooking lately. It's so freaking good.

Tonight I made Nam Tok (Beef Waterfall Salad). Don't let the word salad fool you. .. .there's not much besides the beef and a one-way ticket to flavortown.

Name:	Nam Tok 1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	17648

Name:	Nam Tok 3.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	17649

Name:	Nam Tok 2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	17650

Name:	Nam Tok 4.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	17651

I've always loved Thai food, but didn't even try to cook it. It's actually fairly simple. Just a few staple ingredients to add to the pantry, and then practice some different techniques.

The flavors are so bright.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

You recommend any online Thai cooking courses?

Making Panko chicken fingers--new recipe, you pre-toast the breadcrumbs--with dijon and honey. Broccoli pesto fettucine and baked squash with lemon and paprika.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You recommend any online Thai cooking courses?

Making Panko chicken fingers--new recipe, you pre-toast the breadcrumbs--with dijon and honey. Broccoli pesto fettucine and baked squash with lemon and paprika.

I've used some recipes from here: eatingthaifood.com

Seems to cover technique etc. pretty well.

I got a 14" Wok over the weekend as a birthday present to myself. Made some Spicy Shrimp with basil in it last night. (Pad Krapaw Kung).

If you can find it, the Thai "Holy" Basil really is quite different from normal basil. You can substitute with regular basil, but it's not quite the same.

Name:	Pad Krapow Kung.jpg 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	17675

My wife doesn't like fried eggs, but to me it's a must to have the egg on top.

13. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I've used some recipes from here: eatingthaifood.com

Seems to cover technique etc. pretty well.

I got a 14" Wok over the weekend as a birthday present to myself. Made some Spicy Shrimp with basil in it last night. (Pad Krapaw Kung).

If you can find it, the Thai "Holy" Basil really is quite different from normal basil. You can substitute with regular basil, but it's not quite the same.

Name:	Pad Krapow Kung.jpg 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	17675

My wife doesn't like fried eggs, but to me it's a must to have the egg on top.
    My wife doesn't like eggs either! I LOVE them

15. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    My wife doesn't like eggs either! I LOVE them
    The runny egg yolk grosses her out.

I keep telling her, "it's the best sauce you ever had. Quit thinking of it as an egg yolk, and instead think of it as a sauce!"

I got her to try it once when ordering at a restaurant. She said it actually tasted okay, but she just can't get passed the fact that it's egg yolk. smh

17. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

I’ve got some pizza dough rising on the counter. Made it with semolina and all purpose flour. We’ll see how they come out. I don’t have a stone or a peel so I’ll be baking them on cookie sheets. My wife is going to do a vegetarian pizza, I’m going to do a Mexican style with refried black beans instead of tomato sauce and a plain cheese for the little one.

19. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Name:	105A6A41-5A17-4E4D-ACEC-A733FB9A50C2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	17677

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    The runny egg yolk grosses her out.

I keep telling her, "it's the best sauce you ever had. Quit thinking of it as an egg yolk, and instead think of it as a sauce!"

I got her to try it once when ordering at a restaurant. She said it actually tasted okay, but she just can't get passed the fact that it's egg yolk. smh
    Yeah mine won't eat an egg unless she makes a frittata with a slew of cheese and other things so she cuts the egg flavor. I get eggs locally from a woman in town who keeps chickens. They are great!

24. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Yeah mine won't eat an egg unless she makes a frittata with a slew of cheese and other things so she cuts the egg flavor. I get eggs locally from a woman in town who keeps chickens. They are great!
    Mine likes scrambled eggs, or omelettes. If it's scrambled up she's fine.

26. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

My wife eats eggs but like NTL’s, won’t eat a runny yolk. Every time we eat chilaquiles whether it’s at home or when we ate out she’d get them with the egg yolks fried hard which defeats the purpose of the dish.

28. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information