Page 614 of 655 FirstFirst ... 114 514 564 604 612 613 614 615 616 624 ... LastLast
Results 9,196 to 9,210 of 9814

Thread: What's for dinner tonight?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Roux. What a ******* word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Posole. My first time making it. Super tasty!

I'm convinced this is the result of some weird bet that radishes, lime, hominy, and jalepeno could never all be in the same dish.

Turns out they can. And I may insist on posole for every meal until I die...
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

oh, man, i love a good posole. . .

recipe?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    oh, man, i love a good posole. . .

recipe?
    I kinda just winged it based scanning online recipes and ingredient lists, but here's the gist

Hawg's Instapot Posole

ingreds-

1 package Fernandez* dried hominy
    3/4 lb pork stew meat
    1 lb green chili chicken sausage
    8 cups chicken stock
    med yellow onion
    1 lb tomatillos
    3 jalapenos
    3 poblano peppers (I had to use 3xAnaheim but poblano seems most common among the online recipe lists)
    1 bunch cilantro
    1 bunch radishes
    1 lime
    sour cream
    avocado
    cheese
    pine nuts
    Fernandez chili carribe (1-2 tablespoons)
    liberal chili powder
    liberal cumin
    salt
    black pepper
    saffron
    cabbage (optional)

*I think it's called Fernandez, it's the white and red packages at King Soopers in the 'authentic Mexican' section, good stuff imo

1. Cook the dried hominy in the instapot and discard the water, about 35-50 minutes.
    2. Blend together the tomatillos, jalapenos (seeds removed), cilantro, and chile caribe using some of the chicken stock to help turn it to paste
    3. After heating some vegetable oil, saute on high heat the meat, onion, and garlic for about 10 mins (I could have done this in instapot was did it stovetop while waiting on the hominy)
    4. Broil the poblano/anaheim peppers until blackened, put in paper bag for about 10 mins, then skin, de-seed, and chop
    5. Combine everything in instapot--tomatillo paste, chicken stock, chopped peppers, meat and onion mix.
    6. Liberal application of cumin and chili powder. Add saffron.
    7. I ended up cooking it 90 minutes under pressure, but in two 45 minute blocks (accidental, I wanted the hominy a bit less firm after the first 45)
    8. Thinly slice radishes. Shred cabbage. Toast pine nuts: NOTE/WARNING - DO NOT BROIL PINE NUTS, THIS WILL RESULT IN A PAN OF FIERY FIRE THAT DOES NOT IMMEDIATELY EXTINGUISH IN THE SINK, AND MIGHT CAUSE ANXIETY!!
    9. Taste posole and add salt/pepper to taste. Serve with toppings (radish, pine nuts, lime, cabbage, sour cream, cheese, avocado)

I don't think I left anything out. Of all the toppings, I'd say the lime and radish are essential ones.
    Last edited by Hawgdriver; 03-02-2020 at 10:33 PM.

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

1 pound of tomatillos? That seems like a lot of tomatillos.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    1 pound of tomatillos? That seems like a lot of tomatillos.
    **** it

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    **** it
    Wouldn’t that be more tomatillos than hominy (which I admittedly have never had)? I’m intrigued by this dish.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Wouldn’t that be more tomatillos than hominy (which I admittedly have never had)? I’m intrigued by this dish.
    Tell you what, I think the tomatillos are what made the dish--the lime flavor is utterly divine. I cannot imagine a higher calling for a lime on this planet. I think tomatillo is the Zimmerman to TD's lime.

12. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Made a big batch of chicken soup last night.

I like to add barley and fresh dill.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Mesquite (grill mates) marinated baked chicken and fake garlic mashed potatoes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Mesquite (grill mates) marinated baked chicken
    Yus!

and fake garlic mashed potatoes.
    Dude...

{narrator:} And these are the highs and lows of MOseph MOtorboaticus.

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Yus!

Dude...

{narrator:} And these are the highs and lows of MOseph MOtorboaticus.
    Idahoan fake potatoes are perfectly fine cuisine. Don’t @ me, bro.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

This corned beef brisket is about to spend 90 minutes in a hot beer and chicken stock sauna...yummmmmm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200317_140625.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	16293

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Powdered milk and beefaroni.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

The Mrs., despite being on a self imposed quarantine, went out and found brisket. It's cooking now. Smells great!

And no - I have zero idea how she's cooking it. I'm just here to eat.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information