Page 542 of 655 FirstFirst ... 42 442 492 532 540 541 542 543 544 552 592 642 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 9814

Thread: What's for dinner tonight?

2. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    It's because I care about your well being NTL.

Last night was vegetarian Chipotle burrito. Delicious!

My son said have them put the filling on the side and roll it yourself because you get a lot more and he was right!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Kiss my grits!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

6. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Last night was vegetarian Chipotle burrito. Delicious!

My son said have them put the filling on the side and roll it yourself because you get a lot more and he was right!
    You and your son rolling your own. Great Father Son bonding.

8. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    You and your son rolling your own. Great Father Son bonding.
    Yeah it was a great moment until he bogarted the burrito.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

So I've got MO's tainted recipe simmering in the Ninja right now, and I'll try Slick's recipe on Thurs. I'll report back what I discover.

I'm going to make a few changes, the most notable that I will also slow-cook Slick's recipe, just using the flour + broth concoction as a cream of mushroom replacement.

The other changes: adding mushrooms during the high heat stovetop phase to soften them, subbing Neufchatel for cream cheese, and oven-baking the noodles with the stroganoff rather than boiling the noodles separately. The overriding difference is that I'm using the Ninja cooker for all of it rather than typical stovetop/crock/oven setups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Hey Slick, what in particular is unhealthy about canned cream of mushroom soup? The Kroger brand doesn't have MSG.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Hey Slick, what in particular is unhealthy about canned cream of mushroom soup? The Kroger brand doesn't have MSG.
    1) Which is it? THis is confusing to me- VEGETABLE OIL (CORN, COTTONSEED, CANOLA, AND/OR SOYBEAN) Is it corn oil? Cottonseed? Canola? or Soybean oil?

2) I know what corn starch is but I don't know what this is- MODIFIED FOOD STARCH

3) What exactly is this? SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE

4) The **** is this? SOY LECITHIN

5) and this? FLAVORING

I'm not saying canned soup is going to kill anybody. I ate enough of it before I started reading labels but butter, flour and milk seems like a much better way to go IMO.

15. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Heading to my sisters house for pizza. Cousins were in town for the funeral. Last meal before they all head home.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Heading to my sisters house for pizza. Cousins were in town for the funeral. Last meal before they all head home.
    what kind of pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    what kind of pizza
    hot dog pizza

19. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

1) Which is it? THis is confusing to me- VEGETABLE OIL (CORN, COTTONSEED, CANOLA, AND/OR SOYBEAN) Is it corn oil? Cottonseed? Canola? or Soybean oil?

2) I know what corn starch is but I don't know what this is- MODIFIED FOOD STARCH

3) What exactly is this? SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE

4) The **** is this? SOY LECITHIN

5) and this? FLAVORING

I'm not saying canned soup is going to kill anybody. I ate enough of it before I started reading labels but butter, flour and milk seems like a much better way to go IMO.
    I'm genuinely curious here. I'm usually a label-reading impurity eschewer myself.

Modified food starch -- probably flour that's been treated with chemicals to make it thicken better or last longer on the shelf

Is modified food starch dangerous?
    The accepted answer to this question is that modified food starch is harmless. Modified food starch doesn't really have any nutritional value, but it does serve a useful purpose in processed foods. The one concern noted is that manufacturing of modified food starch is not tranparent. There is virtually no way to find out how the modified food starch used in a product was produced - what chemicals or enzymes were used, if used at all, for example - and the possibility of trace chemical contamination bothers some.

I'll note that people sensitive to wheat or gluten should avoid products with modified food starch as an ingredient unless it specifically states that the product is gluten free or states the specific type of starch used. Many manufacturers will use whatever food starch is cheapest or readily available for their product - corn, wheat, or otherwise.

Should you avoid foods with modified food starch?
    That's a personal decision. If you don't like the idea of a heavily processed ingredient, then you would probably be happier without modified food starch in your life. Having done a little research, I'm not bothered by this ingredient, so personally, I'm not avoiding foods made with modified food starch.
    http://alifelesssweet.blogspot.com/2...od-starch.html

Soy protein concentrate:

http://www.lemproducts.com/product/s...sage-seasoning

Seems harmless-ish.

Soy lecithin:

https://draxe.com/what-is-soy-lecithin/

Interesting article.

Flavoring? idk man. I found this article which says it's terrible but then you read it and it's like...completely unhelpful.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/rea...castoreum.html

The Kroger CoM can had some random stuff on the back that sounds sketchy.

You can't count on food producers to have your back, for sure. What gets me is how much sugar (in some form) is added to just about everything we consume that isn't made by us from basic ingredients. It's like some law that food needs extra sugar these days to be edible. It's obscene how much sugar is in everything.

Obscene.

Rant terminated.

21. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Rant terminated.
    Thank goodness. I just want to eat.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    what kind of pizza
    Don't know, don't care.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information