Page 529 of 655 FirstFirst ... 29 429 479 519 527 528 529 530 531 539 579 629 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 9814

Thread: What's for dinner tonight?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Making pizza at home tonight. I get raw dough, pepperoni, the good mozzarella that you have to slice, some Italian sausage, bell peppers, red onion, and (for my side) some habanero peppers. Heat the oven and stone to 400 while I get the pizza ready then cook for 10 mins. Comes out perfect. It's not as good as Juliana's in Brooklyn, but I also don't have a coal fired oven, but it's damn good.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    How is your red beans and rice coming along? You have it down yet or are you still working on perfecting your recipe?
    The first time I used one of those spice kits and it was pretty bland so the second I used a foodnetwork recipe but didn't have andouie sausage so it was still missing something. This time I used Emeril's recipe from food.com and got some good andouie and it was delicious. I'm really happy with it, the only thing I changed is I replaced 4 cups of water with chicken stock. Dude, I think I would weigh about 100 lbs more if I lived there.
    Last edited by weazel; 08-01-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Making pizza at home tonight. I get raw dough, pepperoni, the good mozzarella that you have to slice, some Italian sausage, bell peppers, red onion, and (for my side) some habanero peppers. Heat the oven and stone to 400 while I get the pizza ready then cook for 10 mins. Comes out perfect. It's not as good as Juliana's in Brooklyn, but I also don't have a coal fired oven, but it's damn good.
    What type of dough do you buy?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What type of dough do you buy?
    I've tried the Pillsbury, Whole Foods brand, and a company called Venice Bakery. The Venice Bakery was the best, but when I can't find it i'll use the Pillsbury. It crisps up more throughout than traditional NY style crust but has a great flavor and isn't a heavy dough.

7. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    The first time I used one of those spice kits and it was pretty bland so the second I used a foodnetwork recipe but didn't have andouie sausage so it was still missing something. This time I used Emeril's recipe from food.com and got some good andouie and it was delicious. I'm really happy with it, the only thing I changed is I replaced 4 cups of water with chicken stock. Dude, I think I would way about 100 lbs more if I lived there.
    Emeril has a good recipe for it for sure. The andoullie is key to making a great batch of red beans and rice. You can't go wrong with some ham in there either.

Emeril has a good recipe for it for sure. The andoullie is key to making a great batch of red beans and rice. You can't go wrong with some ham in there either.
    Yeah I used andouie and ham hocks.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

10. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

How is your red beans and rice coming along? You have it down yet or are you still working on perfecting your recipe?
    i got mine smashed - fry off an onion (and any other veggies in my fridge), add coconut milk, cook rice in a vegetable stock, once water in rice reduced, add to pan of co**** milk and veggies and red beans

or do it all in the slow cooker

no idea if it tastes they way it is supposed to - but it is delicious!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

i also flavour the veggies with mixed herbs prior to adding the rice

i got mine smashed - fry off an onion (and any other veggies in my fridge), add coconut milk, cook rice in a vegetable stock, once water in rice reduced, add to pan of co**** milk and veggies and red beans

or do it all in the slow cooker

no idea if it tastes they way it is supposed to - but it is delicious!
    ******* europeans

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    ******* europeans
    What's your method, you confused French American?

I have your mom do it for me

17. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Considering it's a French Creole/Cajun dish I think you just complimented him on his red beans and rice skills....

The pizza last night came out spectacular. I used the Rouse's brand Italian sausage instead of the kind I normally get, it was much better. That fresh mozzarella makes a huge difference. My wife doesn't really like cheese, but she loves the fresh mozzarella, it doesn't have that aftertaste you get from most of the cheaper shredded kinds. If you haven't tried it, it comes in a ball typically with some water in there as well, you need to. Much, much better.

Tonight is breaded, oven-baked, bone-in pork chops with baked potato and fresh avocado. I don't know why, but I love avocado with pork. Ever since I first had the Cuban roasted pork with fresh avocado on the side I have one with most pork dishes.

19. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Considering it's a French Creole/Cajun dish I think you just complimented him on his red beans and rice skills....

The pizza last night came out spectacular. I used the Rouse's brand Italian sausage instead of the kind I normally get, it was much better. That fresh mozzarella makes a huge difference. My wife doesn't really like cheese, but she loves the fresh mozzarella, it doesn't have that aftertaste you get from most of the cheaper shredded kinds. If you haven't tried it, it comes in a ball typically with some water in there as well, you need to. Much, much better.

Tonight is breaded, oven-baked, bone-in pork chops with baked potato and fresh avocado. I don't know why, but I love avocado with pork. Ever since I first had the Cuban roasted pork with fresh avocado on the side I have one with most pork dishes.
    not to mention a lot of settlers in New Orleans were Acadians from the Maritimes.

21. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

buffalo mozzerella

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

That was no conpliment.

I hate the french. French is spoken in parts of Canada. Weazel lives in Canada. Ergo - Weazel is French and i hate him.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information