Page 518 of 655 FirstFirst ... 18 418 468 508 516 517 518 519 520 528 568 618 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 9814

Thread: What's for dinner tonight?

Grr... still 140/100

My co-workers are saying it takes several days for it to get into your system, I'm only on day 3 of being medicated so...We'll see Tuesday how it is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Grr... still 140/100

My co-workers are saying it takes several days for it to get into your system, I'm only on day 3 of being medicated so...We'll see Tuesday how it is.
    It takes at least two weeks. Just let it do it's thing and check it again in June.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

3. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    It takes at least two weeks. Just let it do it's thing and check it again in June.
    Alright, just anxious man. The way I feel right now, it scares the crap out of more. I'm 34 years old, I did this to myself, but man... I don't want to go out like this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Alright, just anxious man. The way I feel right now, it scares the crap out of more. I'm 34 years old, I did this to myself, but man... I don't want to go out like this.
    well, just make sure whatever you do - you don't cut out any foods you enjoy, because that is never the answer.

6. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

You're not going to die from 140/100. I am on a statin and BPM and have been for years now. It will take a couple of weeks and then the doc may have to adjust it. Cut down on sodium, get some exercise and stop stressing about it.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

110/70

Like a German train schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    You're not going to die from 140/100. I am on a statin and BPM and have been for years now. It will take a couple of weeks and then the doc may have to adjust it. Cut down on sodium, get some exercise and stop stressing about it.
    Well my biggest sodium intake has been sunflower seeds, I'm addicted to those stupid things...one bag has 400 sodium. I've dropped that completely. I also have a bad issue of drinking WAY, WAY to much soda. I've cut down to 1 with lunch and that's it. I'll try and cut further once my existing supply is gone. I have started walking again.

The only reason I'm stressing is because I feel miserably bad. Like I go on a walk and I can feel my heart working overtime. But you are right, I'm making the right changes, I'm on the meds, just let them do their job and calm my ass down.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Well my biggest sodium intake has been sunflower seeds, I'm addicted to those stupid things...one bag has 400 sodium. I've dropped that completely. I also have a bad issue of drinking WAY, WAY to much soda. I've cut down to 1 with lunch and that's it. I'll try and cut further once my existing supply is gone. I have started walking again.

The only reason I'm stressing is because I feel miserably bad. Like I go on a walk and I can feel my heart working overtime. But you are right, I'm making the right changes, I'm on the meds, just let them do their job and calm my ass down.
    Yeah - you need to quit worrying about it so much, now that you're addressing the problem. I'm not saying ignore it, but let the meds and your change in lifestyle work. It doesn't magically happen overnight.

Do a test once a week or every 10 days or so. You'll eventually see the results.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Dude, the bulk of your recipes in your cookbook thread are loaded with sodium.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    well, just make sure whatever you do - you don't cut out any foods you enjoy, because that is never the answer.
    now you're catching on

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Dude, the bulk of your recipes in your cookbook thread are loaded with sodium.
    I recognize this, I am not saying that those two changes are the only changes I'm making. I'm also getting more veggies and changing my menu to a healthier menu, I'm just saying those are two major sources of sodium that are already gone. My wife is dealing with the meal planning at this point.

I've had a lot more salads over the last couple of days.

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

I recognize this, I am not saying that those two changes are the only changes I'm making. I'm also getting more veggies and changing my menu to a healthier menu, I'm just saying those are two major sources of sodium that are already gone. My wife is dealing with the meal planning at this point.

I've had a lot more salads over the last couple of days.
    Shitcan the canned soups in your casseroles too. Make a white sauce with real butter, flour and milk and diced mushrooms instead of cream of mushroom soup for example. It doesn't take that long to do.

20. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Shitcan the canned soups in your casseroles too. Make a white sauce with real butter, flour and milk and diced mushrooms instead of cream of mushroom soup for example. It doesn't take that long to do.
    Yeah and you're not taking this as seriously as you should if you're still drinking a soda at lunch. Throw the rest of the shit away. I think I drink 4 sodas a year.

22. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I need a fridge that doesn't freeze everything in the fridge...Once I move a fridge is first on my to do list...We basically have a double freezer right now.

I want to get healthier. I'm 34 with a bad knee, high blood pressure and probably high cholesterol....I've gotta do something. I need to lose like 50 pounds (at least for starters) I'm 5'11 and 256 pounds.

I know I'm not healthy, I just like food too much to get healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Everyone needs some sort of external motivator to make a change... This can be yours. You should see NTL's posts in the "Quit smoking" thread for motivation. Nobody quit smoking, but NTL did drop a ton of weight and make some changes to his diet to get there.
    Yes, you can do this dude.

I love food too. Always thought I couldn't lose weight because I love eating. I lost 80 pounds, and have kept it off for over 8-9 months now, and I eat all the fun stuff I used to before. Just, admittedly, not as much as I did before.

You don't really have to give up things you like. You just have to learn to do them in moderation.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Yes, you can do this dude.

I love food too. Always thought I couldn't lose weight because I love eating. I lost 80 pounds, and have kept it off for over 8-9 months now, and I eat all the fun stuff I used to before. Just, admittedly, not as much as I did before.

You don't really have to give up things you like. You just have to learn to do them in moderation.
    Yeah, but you look funny now.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information