Page 17 of 655 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 517 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner tonight?

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Baked Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil and it was darn good. The recipe is linked

http://themissingingredient.wordpres...lla-and-basil/
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

2. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Baked Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil and it was darn good. The recipe is linked

http://themissingingredient.wordpres...lla-and-basil/
    i'll have to try that sometime, looks good.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight. We have four kids in the house instead of the usual two so I have to make a bunch of it. What's a good meatball recipe Zam?
    sorry I missed thisa post! a mix of bulk sausage and hamburger even cround turkey works well for meatballs.
    I always add 1 egg for every 2 pounds of meat as a binder. you can also add seasoned breadcrumbs or crush some flavored croutons as well 1/4 cup for every pound of meat, but i consider this optional! as i mentioned the sicilians add minced raisins, i lie that along with a pinch of tarragon and oregano, I always season with garlic powder and freash grated pepper.
    I like the golf ball sized meatballs, hand rolled, placed on a lightly greased baking sheet and into the oven 400 F for 20 minutes.
    roll them around every 5 min to got them nicely browned all around.
    then simmer them in the sauce after draining while you cook the pasta.
    Sorry i did not respond sooner, I just read your request, I am sure the kids loved whatever you made.
    fresh grated parmesian essential to any great pasta dish do not buy the shit in the shaker !
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

5. The Following User High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I buy the shit in the shaker
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    sorry I missed thisa post! a mix of bulk sausage and hamburger even cround turkey works well for meatballs.
    I always add 1 egg for every 2 pounds of meat as a binder. you can also add seasoned breadcrumbs or crush some flavored croutons as well 1/4 cup for every pound of meat, but i consider this optional! as i mentioned the sicilians add minced raisins, i lie that along with a pinch of tarragon and oregano, I always season with garlic powder and freash grated pepper.
    I like the golf ball sized meatballs, hand rolled, placed on a lightly greased baking sheet and into the oven 400 F for 20 minutes.
    roll them around every 5 min to got them nicely browned all around.
    then simmer them in the sauce after draining while you cook the pasta.
    Sorry i did not respond sooner, I just read your request, I am sure the kids loved whatever you made.
    fresh grated parmesian essential to any great pasta dish do not buy the shit in the shaker !
    No problem Chef. They turned out pretty good actually. Next time I am definitely using a mix of sausage and beef though.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I bought some mozzarella and basil chicken sausage at Sams just now and I think I'm going to make some home made pasta sauce in the next week or two. I plan on soaking the chicken sausage in the sauce for a couple hours. Best thing about this sausage is one link is only 140 calories and 16g protein. They're about the size of a johnsonville bratwurst.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Halibut fish and chips...cajun style

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I bought some mozzarella and basil chicken sausage at Sams just now and I think I'm going to make some home made pasta sauce in the next week or two. I plan on soaking the chicken sausage in the sauce for a couple hours. Best thing about this sausage is one link is only 140 calories and 16g protein. They're about the size of a johnsonville bratwurst.
    pierce the sausage with a fork a few times evenly around the entire sausage. brown it in a pan whole, then slice it on the bias after it has cooled. NOW it is ready to steep in the sauce.
    forgive me for offering unsolicited advice, enjoy your sausage.
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini
    pierce the sausage with a fork a few times evenly around the entire sausage. brown it in a pan whole, then slice it on the bias after it has cooled. NOW it is ready to steep in the sauce.
    forgive me for offering unsolicited advice, enjoy your sausage.
    Its pre cooked and I was going to stab em with a fork to help flavor, but I'm not going to cut them up. I'll toss them in whole. Easier for me to maintain a good calorie count

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Halibut fish and chips...cajun style
    how do you make yours cajun style?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Mmmm...blackened seasoning. I use Emeril's recipe for putting my blackened rub together. Use it on chicken a lot.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Mmmm...blackened seasoning. I use Emeril's recipe for putting my blackened rub together. Use it on chicken a lot.
    I have never used blackened seasoning. I do need to try it. Never thought about using it on chicken, only fish. What else do you use it on? I do like Emeril's seasoning.

My dad is a Chef (barely taught me anything) but blackened seasoning is one he has taught me to stay away from when it comes to fresh fish. he told me to use it on slightly less fresh fish since it has a strong taste. He used to use it on fish in his restaurants on fish that was not as fresh.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I like to use "SlapYaMomma" seasoning. I use Alaskan Amber for the beer batter....I've found it makes a great batter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I like to use "SlapYaMomma" seasoning. I use Alaskan Amber for the beer batter....I've found it makes a great batter.
    I have a batter from Sportsman that has a lemon zing to it. It is actually really good. I am going to order some beer batter from Bass pro Shop. I have failed with Alaskan Amber in cooking before but if you found something it works well in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I have never used blackened seasoning. I do need to try it. Never thought about using it on chicken, only fish. What else do you use it on? I do like Emeril's seasoning.

My dad is a Chef (barely taught me anything) but blackened seasoning is one he has taught me to stay away from when it comes to fresh fish. he told me to use it on slightly less fresh fish since it has a strong taste. He used to use it on fish in his restaurants on fish that was not as fresh.
    I only put it on chicken (don't really eat fish). I do like to put some in alfredo sauce for a bit of a kick.

If I actually get fancy (which is rare), I'll go for blackened chicken alfredo...and I grill/pan roast chicken with the blackened seasoning, and add some to the alfredo sauce too.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information