Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum Requests

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Poor pnbronco - she is probably doing this right now She brings up the discussion to once again consider having an Orange Colored Glasses Forum, and most of the last few posts in this discussion are why an Orange Colored Glasses Forum is needed.
    Isnt the point to discuss whether or not to have one? I mean, there is always the "poll" option if you guys want to make it a simple yes or no consideration.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Poor pnbronco - she is probably doing this right now She brings up the discussion to once again consider having an Orange Colored Glasses Forum, and most of the last few posts in this discussion are why an Orange Colored Glasses Forum is needed.
    Yea, poor Pn, and also poor Tned, since I don't have a choice but to deal with this BS.

In an ideal world, we would have ALL threads, in ALL forums without the Rancor and Bullying that Jr mentions in his description, but some of these guys just can't live with that.

I try and help clear up a confusion, and the stubborness doesn't even allow him to see what I am saying, rather than turn it into an argument.

Days like this I wonder "why".....

:bangsheadagainstwallagain:

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Isnt the point to discuss whether or not to have one? I mean, there is always the "poll" option if you guys want to make it a simple yes or no consideration.
    Why not make a yes or no poll and leave it up for a week and see, if the majority say yes then do it, if no, then that's the will of the community! I see nothing wrong with one and don't see what the big deal is about one!! Sounds simple to me unless another forum will take up bandwidth!!

6. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Why not make a yes or no poll and leave it up for a week and see, if the majority say yes then do it, if no, then that's the will of the community! I see nothing wrong with one and don't see what the big deal is about one!! Sounds simple to me unless another forum will take up bandwidth!!
    I think the main concern would be MOD time it might take up to keep track of another forum.
    Merry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I think the main concern would be MOD time it might take up to keep track of another forum.
    Looks like Tned may have to hire new mods because there are some in question!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I dont think anyone is really objecting to be honest. But the poll idea is a good one for the board to consider along with the discussion thread.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

To be clear, there is no major hurdle to creating a forum like this. There was some discussion about a thread vs. forum as the best option to start with.

Unfortunately, things got momentarily derailed by me when attempting to forestall any confusion created by a sloppily written and incorrect explanation -- I've learned my lesson on that one.

So, there are only two negatives in my mind:

First, there will be some workload in terms of the mods having to deal with people that break the positive only rule. My suggestion to the mods would be to come down HARD, with a capital B A N for those that break the rule in that forum or thread.

Second, every time we create a sub forum, it splinters activity, which is what new posters look for. When someone comes to a forum for the first time they look to see if it is active enough to warrant their time. Every time we divide our activity into multiple sub forums, it makes all the forums appear less active to new comers.

Other than those two points, I don't see any reason not to do a thread or forum.

I think you're all full of shit and I have NO idea what all this discussion is about.I guess I got confused somewhere along the way.

If it's easy to add this...please add it.I'm sure it would probably get a lot of people posting.I could have made my "Congrat to Bronco fans" thread in it.The one I made last year in Broncos Talk...or where ever I put it...I hope to not have a reason to make another thread like that...

Sorry Carol..I didn't understand your post...anyway JMO on the subject.

As for additional mod work sure some, but the volume of posts will be not significant increased they will just be spread over a bigger playing field.

Unless there is a group of folks out there that are afraid to post here because of the "faction" fighting. It may be a "safe place" to come in and post instead of lurk.

The only hang up thing I see, is the level of modding will be different just like it is in the lounge. Thing are more lax in there, but will be held to a higher standard in the "safe zone" so to speak.

Guess I will miss all the "normal banter" in the regular forum once this is in place.

14. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

I'm confused. Jrwiz, do you or don't you want a Orange Colored Glasses forum?
    This space available for lease.

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    I'm confused. Jrwiz, do you or don't you want a Orange Colored Glasses forum?
    absolutely will give me a place I do not have to hear about Josh farting in his office and other such nonsense..

17. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

I think a separate forum is less than ideal. If one uses last year's OCG game threads, there simply will not be enough traffic to warrant a full separate forum. As I've mentioned before, I believe there reaches a point that a new forum for every topic makes the entire board more cluttered and disorganized.

Too many of our forums are completely dead 95% of the time anyway as it is. The graphics gallery is rarely used, the separate congrats/happy birthday forum could easily be in chit chat without any problems, etc.

I think a single thread along with game day threads should more than cover the demand that was shown last season. If for some reason demand has increased then revisiting the thought is warranted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    I think a separate forum is less than ideal. If one uses last year's OCG game threads, there simply will not be enough traffic to warrant a full separate forum. As I've mentioned before, I believe there reaches a point that a new forum for every topic makes the entire board more cluttered and disorganized.

Too many of our forums are completely dead 95% of the time anyway as it is. The graphics gallery is rarely used, the separate congrats/happy birthday forum could easily be in chit chat without any problems, etc.

I think a single thread along with game day threads should more than cover the demand that was shown last season. If for some reason demand has increased then revisiting the thought is warranted.

Did you ever stop to think that many of those folks have never seen these game day threads especially newbies because they are on the forum at other times.

How about they come during the mid week and browse and see all the infighting going on and decide this is not the place to be and lurk opposed to posting.

The worst thing that happens is is is merge with another or into another area if it is not used. the past year or so it IMHO has gotten much higher level of rancor and hate filled. a little quiet spot would do a lot of folks wonders.

21. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Did you ever stop to think that many of those folks have never seen these game day threads especially newbies because they are on the forum at other times.

How about they come during the mid week and browse and see all the infighting going on and decide this is not the place to be and lurk opposed to posting.

The worst thing that happens is is is merge with another or into another area if it is not used. the past year or so it IMHO has gotten much higher level of rancor and hate filled. a little quiet spot would do a lot of folks wonders.
    Yep. I did consider that. And I still stand by my thoughts.

We simply disagree. That's okay. No need for the backhanded insult to my reasoning skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post

Of course we've thought of the impact on lurkers, that's why we're trying to get guys like you to stop attacking people you disagree with.

How about we let some other people chime in, and then see what kind of consensus we have.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information