Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum Requests

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    The Freak had it through everyone.net I believe.. It was a free email service.
    Did you automatically get signed up for it when you registered at the freak, or did you have to do something?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I would like to officially request a Taligating/Get Together page.

If you need a few threads to start it off, go w/ Denver @ Buffalo 2007 pics; Denver @ Indy 2007 pics; and Denver @ Detroit 2007 pics.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Is there are place where you can ask questions about term in football? I know everyone says that DJ was a .... and now is a .... and I don't understand what that is. I could get Football for Dummies but it would just be easier if I had a "safe" place I could ask. Thanks Tned for all you do for us.

4. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

A forum discussing why Colorado4Life should be moderator and how great of a contributor he was to BroncosFreak, OrangeMane, Bronco Nation, RaidersFan.net and of course Broncosforums...
    Colorado Championship Tracker

Colorado Avalanche 3 Stanley Cups
    Colorado Rockies 0 World Series Champions
    Denver Broncos 3 Super Bowl victories
    Denver Nuggets 1 NBA Championship

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Is there are place where you can ask questions about term in football? I know everyone says that DJ was a .... and now is a .... and I don't understand what that is. I could get Football for Dummies but it would just be easier if I had a "safe" place I could ask. Thanks Tned for all you do for us.
    I meant to respond to this a while back, thanks for bumping the thread Colorado4Life.

Should this be a thread, or a new forum?

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I meant to respond to this a while back, thanks for bumping the thread Colorado4Life.

Should this be a thread, or a new forum?
    Actually I think a thread would be great. Maybe have it as a sticky so people can ask without having to go look for it. Sorry it took me so long to answer back, too much traveling and too brain dead when home.

Yea that is a neat idea PNbronco. And I think it should kind of be a forum. Because you can never know everything about football. Some times I think I know everything and I learn new things each day

And I think having a forum would give people who have questions whether its something basic like how many points are touchdowns worth or if its something more complicated like salary cap issues and other stuff like that.

Instead of one thread I think a forum would be better that way things would get answered more IMO. Because not everyone replies to questions in a thread that gets bumped. I pay more attention to newer threads then bumped threads. And if theres a forum that has new threads on different football questions I'd see it faster and have a better chance of trying to answer it. And If I have a question about something I think people would notice it more if it was a new thread instead of a question in a thread full of questions.

I dont know if all that made sense but thats just my idea.

Good idea though PNBronco
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:

I know you are not favorable to using Mods Tned but thought I would throw out the idea anyway, you can do it or not

I am thinking perhaps a good way to deal with this might be a compination of things.

One to have a question part perhaps, but most importantly to intergrate a vbulletin mod that is a wiki, so members can see questions and can place them in the wiki with an answer, so eventually you have a nice, neat, organized collection of football facts.

Just an idea.

Adopted Bronco:

Does it have to be so structured? In all honesty, a question can pretty much be asked anywhere and get a quick answer

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

It would be nice for people like me to ask the questions without being either totally ignored or some smartass answer coming up. That seems to be what happens when I ask a question so far. At least if its a place for questions to be asked maybe I could expect a real answer.

I don't know if any one has noticed yet but I'm not the most knowledgeable about football. I just like to watch the Broncos play on Sunday's during the season. I don't immerse myself in football 24/7 like some do and I have a question to ask from time to time.
    Merry.

13. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    It would be nice for people like me to ask the questions without being either totally ignored or some smartass answer coming up. That seems to be what happens when I ask a question so far. At least if its a place for questions to be asked maybe I could expect a real answer.

I don't know if any one has noticed yet but I'm not the most knowledgeable about football. I just like to watch the Broncos play on Sunday's during the season. I don't immerse myself in football 24/7 like some do and I have a question to ask from time to time.
    Well, another option would be to PM someone you trust to give you an answer without sarcasm or hatred. I don't think a thread will cure the problem, mainly because the people with the knowledge that others are looking for, probably won't spend much time in there...thus eliminating the answers.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Well, another option would be to PM someone you trust to give you an answer without sarcasm or hatred. I don't think a thread will cure the problem, mainly because the people with the knowledge that others are looking for, probably won't spend much time in there...thus eliminating the answers.
    I'm sure there would be some willing to share their knowledge. The point would be to accumulate certain facts in order to avoid the same questions being asked multiple times. I know I am always willing to share regarding the things I do know.
    Merry.

16. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

I think it would be a good Idea because frankly some that are not ex players or coaches may be to timid to ask what many would perceive as a dumb question.

If there was a Wikipedia per se on here they could browse at their leisure or pop in and look for answer while reading another post to get a definition. Without looking dumb.

Perhaps we could get someone to volunteer to be the librarian of the area to keep it current and correct.

Personally I do not know the difference in 2 teck or 3 teck DT's. There are so many new terms floating around out there unless one is a professional in the field or a coach it is impossible to keep up..

Ask me about travel and I'll bury you, but with all the changes with different coaching every 3-5 years and new terms they use for "their" system I can't keep up. I some cases it means the same thing as nose tackle which I can relate to..

Adopted Bronco:
    Selvin Young

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!! Cool, a thread about asking dumb questions................officially.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver View Post
    LOL !!!!!!!!!!!! Cool, a thread about asking dumb questions................officially.
    Hey HD...go scout DIII Punters.

TIA.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information