Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum Requests

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

Personally I think it's unnecessary to create another forum for happy thoughts. Our team is going to have good days and bad days and folks should be able to express those thoughts without fear. People should not make their posts personal. It may be classless to call Josh McDaniels a douchebag, but sometimes folks just have to express themselves and that may be there way to do it. If you don't like the douchebag comment, don't respond and it should stop with that post. If folks make it personal with comments directed at another member, give them an immediate vacation...no heat of the moment excuses.

No extra work for the mods and no detering new members or lurkers.
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

2. The Following User High Fived broncogirl7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

There should be no safe havens from my negativity. You all need to face it head on.

But because pn is so nice I'm inclined to let her have whatever she wants.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

Seems that there are a lot of heated opinions on this... I'd tend to agree that a separate forum shouldn't really be necessary and to be honest, I doubt that I'd ever even open it if we had one. But it's also all good if the majority of the community wants it.

6. The Following User High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    [B]As for additional mod work sure some[/B

. It may be a "safe place" to come in and post instead of lurk.

The only hang up thing I see, is the level of modding

Thing are more lax in there, but will be held to a higher standard in the "safe zone" so to speak.
    I say give it a try and as North said have a yes/no vote by the community and you'll never get a true consensus unless you make a thread in town hall discussion because keeping it in this thread gets little attention!! And BTW, I'm pushing for this for people like pnbronco because there are more out there who lurk. As far as policing the forum, it's easy....have a zero tolerence policy with it all mods have to do is ban them for a day or two. It's been proven it can work at another MB but if you're worried about mods then one was relieved of duty not long ago and another hasn't shown up in over 6-7 months....sounds like this board is two short! If you can have a worthless forum like the Black Hole, I don't see the hurt in an Orange Glasses forums. I may not frequent the forum that often but as you said it may bring in the lurkers and alot of regulars here who would like to say something other than the BS that can go on in BT and get ridiculed for their comments being positive! I'm more of a pessimistic person when it comes to this team too! But it's ridiculous to see mods shooting it down before they have given it a try!!
    Last edited by Nomad; 09-08-2010 at 08:01 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by broncogirl7 View Post
    Personally I think it's unnecessary to create another forum for happy thoughts. Our team is going to have good days and bad days and folks should be able to express those thoughts without fear. People should not make their posts personal. It may be classless to call Josh McDaniels a douchebag, but sometimes folks just have to express themselves and that may be there way to do it. If you don't like the douchebag comment, don't respond and it should stop with that post. If folks make it personal with comments directed at another member, give them an immediate vacation...no heat of the moment excuses.

Great points.

Fact is, the world isnt perfect and frankly if your someone who cant handle an opposing view of the team, its players, or coaches than maybe a message board isnt for you. I really dont care if they open one up for the everything is great fans but kind of like what is going on at BN i really dont think it will used much. And does this mean we still have to tolerate them in the normal threads? Im just not sure why we need to cater to a certain group just because they cant handle opposing views.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

KCL

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Great points.

Fact is, the world isnt perfect and frankly if your someone who cant handle an opposing view of the team, its players, or coaches than maybe a message board isnt for you. I really dont care if they open one up for the everything is great fans but kind of like what is going on at BN i really dont think it will used much. And does this mean we still have to tolerate them in the normal threads? Im just not sure why we need to cater to a certain group just because they cant handle opposing views.
    because the constant droning on from the negative side just gets to people. some posters have nothing positive to say and it gets old having to hear about it or defend it with more negative responses.

one of the BIGGEST complaints I got when I was a mod was negative negative posts. Why can't we get rid of this guy or that guy all they do is bait , post negative anything and everything.

I just went through my PM box some 7000+ PM's as a mod you need to keep replies and such from concerning your post PM's . as I was reading them, the constant was about the negatives on this forum. why does this this person get away with these type of post and I get zinged responding to him/her/IT. They bait and run trying to stir up trouble to see what kind of havoc they can create.

I had probably at least 50 PM from folks that say they do not post but only lurk because they do not want to see the responses to them. We have a lot of fans that are not as out spoken as Y'all are.

I do not understand why y'all think that every place has to be a live fire zone where every comment has to be attacked. Some folks still like to get there Bronco news by going to the DP or other local newspapers because they are not into competitive debate.

I doubt that it will cause a loss of members but only bring more in that just do not want to be confrontational or some like myself that are tired of the constant attacks on the team and FO. Which are pretty rabid IMHO

If the traffic is not there after the season shut it down. If there is a cost involved which I doubt other than the time to create it. Which in itself be paid back by having to answer less PM, reported posts from folks like me.

I can't believe the other mods did not get these same comments either via MHS, Pm's or emails.

I see it could be an initial problem area for modding till folks get banned a couple of times for breaking the forum rules . Once they find that they can't bait or attack in there all the "JOY" they get out of it will cause them to go do it else where.

because the constant droning on from the negative side just gets to people. some posters have nothing positive to say and it gets old having to hear about it or defend it with more negative responses.

one of the BIGGEST complaints I got when I was a mod was negative negative posts. Why can't we get rid of this guy or that guy all they do is bait , post negative anything and everything.

I just went through my PM box some 7000+ PM's as a mod you need to keep replies and such from concerning your post PM's . as I was reading them, the constant was about the negatives on this forum. why does this this person get away with these type of post and I get zinged responding to him/her/IT. They bait and run trying to stir up trouble to see what kind of havoc they can create.

I had probably at least 50 PM from folks that say they do not post but only lurk because they do not want to see the responses to them. We have a lot of fans that are not as out spoken as Y'all are.

I do not understand why y'all think that every place has to be a live fire zone where every comment has to be attacked. Some folks still like to get there Bronco news by going to the DP or other local newspapers because they are not into competitive debate.

I doubt that it will cause a loss of members but only bring more in that just do not want to be confrontational or some like myself that are tired of the constant attacks on the team and FO. Which are pretty rabid IMHO

If the traffic is not there after the season shut it down. If there is a cost involved which I doubt other than the time to create it. Which in itself be paid back by having to answer less PM, reported posts from folks like me.

I can't believe the other mods did not get these same comments either via MHS, Pm's or emails.

I see it could be an initial problem area for modding till folks get banned a couple of times for breaking the forum rules . Once they find that they can't bait or attack in there all the "JOY" they get out of it will cause them to go do it else where.
    Ok, I have to ask. With everything you just posted, which I agree with 100%, why the **** do you post the way you do and cause the mods to get complaint after complaint about your posting?

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

One suggestion I'd have, T.... if you're going to do the "Orange Colored Glasses" subforum, it might be good to place it within "Broncos Talk"... at the top of the page, above the sticky threads (where the Mane has the "Draft" and "Community" subforums) rather than adding another subforum to the index page. It actually does belong in the topic "Broncos Talk"...and it would also get more attention/traffic there, I think. On the main index page, it might tend to get overlooked.

15. The Following 7 Users High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncogirl7 View Post

But they can't feel safe in the regular areas.

so they lurk instead. not everyone is negative and want to have a safe place.

A I said in the above post I received a lot of comment from existing members with just a few posts but have been here a long time. It is usually after I have sent them a MHS for a great post and ask them to post more.
    saying they do not want to post because they do not want to be attacked.

I think there is a sleeping giant out there that might surprise y'all if given the chance to have a DMZ de-militarized zone.

Damn... this thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    Damn... this thread
    Hey if you want a red colored glasses area for you, I'll advocate for it as well!! Since PN is a good person I'll try to help her get an area for the Sunnyside BRONCO fans!!

19. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    One suggestion I'd have, T.... if you're going to do the "Orange Colored Glasses" subforum, it might be good to place it within "Broncos Talk"... at the top of the page, above the sticky threads (where the Mane has the "Draft" and "Community" subforums) rather than adding another subforum to the index page. It actually does belong in the topic "Broncos Talk"...and it would also get more attention/traffic there, I think. On the main index page, it might tend to get overlooked.
    Great point. The draft and some other forums might do better there as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Than i have to ask JR. If you got so many complaints and you know how it is why then do you do the exact thing you dont like?

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ok, I have to ask. With everything you just posted, which I agree with 100%, why the **** do you post the way you do and cause the mods to get complaint after complaint about your posting?
    Beat me too it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Hey if you want a red colored glasses area for you, I'll advocate for it as well!! Since PN is a good person I'll try to help her get an area for the Sunnyside BRONCO fans!!
    Thanks but I can go to Mania for that...I have my own fan club there...

25. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information