Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiszla: Hey, Broncos fans — Kyle Orton is glad coach is making QB decision

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Default Kiszla: Hey, Broncos fans — Kyle Orton is glad coach is making QB decision

Kiszla: Hey, Broncos fans — Kyle Orton is glad coach is making QB decision
    By Mark Kiszla
    The Denver Post
    Posted: 08/09/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT

Broncos QB Kyle Orton (Denver Post file photo)Hey, Broncomaniacs. Did you get the message? Kyle Orton is glad you aren't picking the team's starting quarterback.

"My last goal playing quarterback is to win over the fans," Orton said Monday. "That's my last goal."

Orton is a solid NFL quarterback. He makes for a lousy politician, though. I love his spunk. But telling fans in a sports-crazy town they don't count for much? Not a wise move.

In this quarterback competition, touchdown passes and interceptions won't be all that's thrown. There's going to be some mudslinging.

Knowing the people want Tim Tebow, Orton must trust and pray the race for the No. 1 quarterback in Denver will be a football competition rather than a popularity contest.

"My first goal is to win over my teammates, to win over my coaches, and I think I'm well on my way to doing that," said Orton, sounding as defiantly confident as ever in the belief he is the man to lead the Denver offense.

In a city that argued the quality of Halloween candy distributed to trick-or-treaters by a young John Elway back in the day, there's some history of over-the-top debates about the local NFL quarterback.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_18642903

i think his "first goal" should be to "win games" but other than that he's got a point

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Just like the fans Orton is entitled to his opinion. He doesnt care for the fans, some dont care for him. But, at the end of the day if he doesnt play well and we arent winning he's going to be hearing about it. Get your liquor ready Kyle. lol

3. The Following 7 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

On one hand, I like the fact that Kyle Orton has confidence in his own abilities and isn't going to be affected by outsiders. On the other hand, it would be nice to hear him acknowledge his own shortcomings one time. Like, there is a reason the entire fan base is divided, your play hasn't been beyond reproach.

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Just like the fans Orton is entitled to his opinion. He doesnt care for the fans, some dont care for him. But, at the end of the day if he doesnt play well and we arent winning he's going to be hearing about it. Get your liquor ready Kyle. lol
    I hear he owns stock in Jack Daniels if that's true he's pretty well set.

Yep he needed to win all of those games by himself.

He is a good NFL QB. He is confident of his skills.

Win over the team, coaches and then let his play show the fans the past two loser teams did nothing to help him.

He is going to have a contract year folks and then he will be gone. We will be poorer because of that.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post

Win over the team, coaches and then let his play show the fans the past two loser teams did nothing to help him.

He is going to have a contract year folks and then he will be gone. We will be poorer because of that.

He didnt need to win the games by himself, just show he could complete 3rd downs and be a playmaker when it mattered. Big difference.

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

He just needs to be a little clutch and quit folding when things get tough.

11. The Following 11 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    He just needs to be a little clutch and quit folding when things get tough.
    Yep I'm sure it was all his fault. The rest of the TEAM had zero to do with it.

I'm nit giving him a pass but if the OL was a sieve, or not making holes, RBs can't hit the hole or receivers drop passes not so sure this are all on Ortons shoulders.

Or for that matter bad play calling.

I love how fans only blame the QB when they have NO clue which of the plays were called and if the correct routes were run on time.

Yep all Ortons fault. Every time.

I suspect lots will be pissed this year when things improve. Just because Orton is the qb.

What Halloween candy did John Elway give out back in the day?

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I care about Orton about as much as he cares about the fans, not at all. Ihope he is great, I really do and I hope he leads this teams to a championship, but I know I could never fully back him. Like LeBron James, he just seems like a jerk.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

16. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

I don't think anybody is claiming that the losses were all Orton's fault, but he has to assume some responsibility. It's not like the Orton led offense was scoring 28-35 points per game and they were still losing, ala Dan Marino in the 80's.

I don't really have anything against Orton - I just don't think playing him this year benefits the Broncos as they look to the future. I do notice that a lot of the "pro-Orton" crowd is quick to point out that Orton didn't lose those games by himself (which is true), but they also skip over the fact that he didn't win those games in Chicago by himself either.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    what halloween candy did john elway give out back in the day?
    dots

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post

Opinionative and one that is not widely shared... As I stated in a different thread, the quarterback drama is getting rather old, it's time for someone who has at least the majority behind them. You say we'll be poorer, I believe will be richer because I don't think we'll accept mediocrity any longer, not even from the likes of Tebow.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    dots
    LOL>..oh wow...Dang, lets hope hes not quite as cheap now as he was then...He also caught crap for leaving lousy tips in restaurants...

As for Orton, hes a surly *******. No personality and zero charisma. If he plays good and wins, thats all that matters and he will win the fans...If he sucks, hes going to get booed for being a jerk. And thats how it should be

23. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

I, too, am glad that the fans are not making the decisions for the team.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information