Thread: The Chronicles of Tim Tebow: Chapter 1

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default The Chronicles of Tim Tebow: Chapter 1

The Chronicles of Tim Tebow: Chapter 1

Drafted 25th in the first round, Tim Tebow became a Denver Bronco. Hardly anyone expected much.

After a somewhat quiet rookie season spending the majority of his time watching from the sidelines, Tim Tebow entered his second season as a Denver Bronco.

With the season approaching, the rumors of Orton, the resident starting quarterback, possibly being moved began to erupt. It seemed Tebow's chance was only moments away. While the chance of being given the starting quarterback job seemed fitting, Tebow isn't the type to want the job handed to him.

Orton remained on the Broncos roster; closing the door on Tebow becoming the immediate starter. Orton maintained his starting role throughout training camp; "Tebow Time" began to feel like it was slipping away.

With Orton staying on the Broncos roster, it seemed skepticism surrounded the organization of what Tebow could really provide. When Tebow is involved, his critics are never far behind. They continued expressing their refusal of Tebow's potential; he can't do this, he can't do that--but what they didn't realize was....they were only adding fuel to the flame.

Tebow wasn't phased. The fire inside him lives for this.

Orton began the preseason as the starter. Tim Tebow was his back-up.

Orton performed as he always had... but the new Broncos coach, John Fox, quickly realized that the Orton was missing something. Orton had a major flaw, that many overlooked when analyzing him as a quarterback. Orton lacked the deep-rooted, overwhelming knack for winning. Something Tebow didn't.

Orton moved the ball with accurate passes, just as people expected. He played pretty well.

When Tebow stepped on that field for that first preseason game, it was captivating. The way he played was far beyond that of a quarterback; Tebow became a leader when he took a step on to that field...the very field he would soon proclaim as his own. Orton could only sit and watch as the entire city was mesmerized. This wasn't the Tebow that couldn't throw a perfect spiral. This wasn't the Tebow that was constantly nagged about his throwing motion. This was the Tim Tebow with the heart of a champion. The Tim Tebow that no matter how battered and bruised, no matter how beaten up and bloody, would crawl on his hands and knees if it meant reaching that pylon. He didn't do it for himself. The only thing running through his mind was going out and winning that game--for his team.

Tim Tebow....no great story starts out with success being handed to someone. You have to go out there and rip it out of their hands.

We are witnessing the first chapter of Tim Tebow's career, and I can't wait to watch it unfold.

Last edited by Clipworthy; 08-04-2011 at 10:58 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Clipworthy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Ya , Ok, I will salute that. I would be cool with that scenario. Proving fatasses like Lombardi wrong would be way cool

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'd love to see Ol' Puddin' Head Hodge backtrack out of his statements if Tebow becomes successful.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

This is what I've been saying all along and people laughed at me for it. We'll see who's laughing in the end. I predicted that Tebow would be the Broncos QB prior to the 2010 NFL draft. And I was right. Let's see who is right now.

^^ MasterShakes work of art. Not mine. He rocks!!! I'm a Broncos fan first and a Tebow fan second!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    This is what I've been saying all along and people laughed at me for it. We'll see who's laughing in the end. I predicted that Tebow would be the Broncos QB prior to the 2010 NFL draft. And I was right. Let's see who is right now.
    I am always right. Merril Hoge just got lucky in agreeing with me.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    I am always right. Merril Hoge just got lucky in agreeing with me.
    You are now wrong.

^^ MasterShakes work of art. Not mine. He rocks!!! I'm a Broncos fan first and a Tebow fan second!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Tebow

FIRST, I want Tebow to do well so that the Broncos have their answer at QB for now and the foreseeable future. That's something this team has been looking for since the 1999 season and it would be nice to have that wrapped up for a while. It's been long enough.

SECONDLY, I want him to do well to shut those crazy critics up. I say crazy, not for the well reasoned doubters, but for those critics like Hoge and some others who seem almost desperate for him to fail. I'd love to be able to watch them swallow their words whole. Of course, most will just change their tune to "he can't win in the playoffs" or "he can't win a Super Bowl" just like they already had to eat and modify their claims that he'd never be able to run or pass "in THIS league." Would be too funny.
    All you have to decide is what to do with the time given to you...

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Clipworthy View Post
    The Chronicles of Tim Tebow: Chapter 1

Drafted 25th in the first round, Tim Tebow became a Denver Bronco. Hardly anyone expected much.

After a somewhat quiet rookie season spending the majority of his time watching from the sidelines, Tim Tebow entered his second season as a Denver Bronco.

With the season approaching, the rumors of Orton, the resident starting quarterback, possibly being moved began to erupt. It seemed Tebow's chance was only moments away. While the chance of being given the starting quarterback job seemed fitting, Tebow isn't the type to want the job handed to him.

Orton remained on the Broncos roster; closing the door on Tebow becoming the immediate starter. Orton maintained his starting role throughout training camp; "Tebow Time" began to feel like it was slipping away.

With Orton staying on the Broncos roster, it seemed skepticism surrounded the organization of what Tebow could really provide. When Tebow is involved, his critics are never far behind. They continued expressing their refusal of Tebow's potential; he can't do this, he can't do that--but what they didn't realize was....they were only adding fuel to the flame.

Tebow wasn't phased. The fire inside him lives for this.

Orton began the preseason as the starter. Tim Tebow was his back-up.

Orton performed as he always had... but the new Broncos coach, John Fox, quickly realized that the Orton was missing something. Orton had a major flaw, that many overlooked when analyzing him as a quarterback. Orton lacked the deep-rooted, overwhelming knack for winning. Something Tebow didn't.

Orton moved the ball with accurate passes, just as people expected. He played pretty well.

When Tebow stepped on that field for that first preseason game, it was captivating. The way he played was far beyond that of a quarterback; Tebow became a leader when he took a step on to that field...the very field he would soon proclaim as his own. Orton could only sit and watch as the entire city was mesmerized. This wasn't the Tebow that couldn't throw a perfect spiral. This wasn't the Tebow that was constantly nagged about his throwing motion. This was the Tim Tebow with the heart of a champion. The Tim Tebow that no matter how battered and bruised, no matter how beaten up and bloody, would crawl on his hands and knees if it meant reaching that pylon. He didn't do it for himself. The only thing running through his mind was going out and winning that game--for his team.

Tim Tebow....no great story starts out with success being handed to someone. You have to go out there and rip it out of their hands.

We are witnessing the first chapter of Tim Tebow's career, and I can't wait to watch it unfold.

Mixing history, personal commentary & fortune telling. Interesting.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information