Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos pull a reverse.... done with TEBOW???

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    If this is true, I have serious questions about this front office.
    This place ranks up there with the Keystone Cops and Bowlen/Ellis seems to be the common denominator at this point. If Tebow had played a season stinking up the joint I could understand them giving him a short leash because they didn't believe he had what it takes and Tebow proved them right. I wish the FO would be upfront and quit talking out of both sides of their mouth.......very wishywashy.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    But have you seen Orton throw with shorts on? Dude is a baller.
    Next your going to tell me he wears Isotoner gloves.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Well, lets say for a moment they dont believe in Tebow.

What would be in your plans?

Just to cut him?

I dont think so.

At a minimum, you would want to trade him, and the team thats the most likely to be interested is again the Miami dolphins.

Tebow would set Florida on fire with excitement, and perhaps we could garner a great pick for him. If he goes down there and lights it up, and Denver loses, the Broncos fans are gonna burn Invesco down.

In the end, if you dont believe in Tebow, then trade him now and get the controversy out of Denver.

But if youre not sure, and youre going to let him ride the pine, then you got whats coming in the media doo doo storm the Broncos fans are going to bring with every single loss.

Every time we dont convert in the redzone or a third down, youre going to hear TEBOW! TEBOW!

And of course we'll have lots of great coverage on NFL Network.
    Yep.

And Tebow is the only QB under contract after this season. Orton and Quinn could both be gone. Orton is almost surely gone and Quinn may or may not be, but if he impresses in Preseason who is to say a team like Miami won't make a play for him as well?

So if you trade Tebow in the offseason might it be that the Broncos could have 3 new QBs next year? I would estatic if Elway somehow landed Luck, but would a guy like that start right away?

Would Tebow be the projected starter NEXT year if we drafted a rookie? What if Tebow lights it up next year as our starter and we have a stud rookie behind him on the bench?

What if Orton gets hurt this year during the season (which happens every year) and Tebow plays lights out and Denver is sitting there in reach of Luck....

So many ways to go with this. About the only thing we can reasonably agree on is that Orton is most likely gone next year.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

They're just trying to raise the profile of the organization. Media savvy.

Tebow chants and cheering every time Orton gets sacked = nightly conversation on ESPN = maybe Bowlen can rub a couple nickels together and pony up for a DT next year.

Just bidness. *laughs*

I still believe we should have moved Orton and given Tebow the reins if Orton's not in our long-term future. I don't see how Orton's the future - he's gonna be moderately expensive to re-sign and polarizing besides. This is a QB driven town. Blame Elway, but we do not identify with our defense or our running game. There are some towns in which a QB could be average and have a long career.

This is not one of those towns.

Your QB has to be able to win games all by himself. Tebow can do that, Orton can't. That doesn't make Tebow the future either, but it makes him electric to those that lived for Elway's 2 minute comebacks. Tebow's a sandlot footballer too. 58 minutes of average and 2 minutes of "Screw the playbook, go win me a game" will play well here.

58 minutes of average and 2 minutes of screwing up will make people chant for the backup.

But if Orton's gonna be here, and he's gonna start, then obviously they believe either Tim isn't ready, or he'll never be ready and thus isn't The Man. That makes Orton a stopgap (one that I don't understand, since you want to be bad to get the QB of the future, not have a one year mediocre season and THEN suck after you get the 4th best QB prospect instead of the 1st or 2nd). If Orton's the future, then he's got a long uphill slog ahead of him, and I wish him luck.

Until I see Orton confirmed as the starter for the season, though, I'm still skeptical that he's even the stopgap bridge to Tebow or our 2012 1st rounder. If Tebow brings it in game situations, and they can move Orton, they will IMO.

It works better for our future that way, whether Tebow pans out or not.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

When has Lombardi been right about anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

This all reminds me of a comment I heard from a GM the other day: "Fans make
    great fans, but they make lousy GMs."

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

11. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

-----
    I dunno, I think I could do at least AS GOOD as Josh McDaniels and Brian Xanders did over the past 2 years as acting GMs of the Denver Broncos. I promise we'd have more than 4 wins.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

-----
    So GM's call you daily?

How come then did Orton NOT get 9 years 290 million from a GM this year?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    I dunno, I think I could do at least AS GOOD as Josh McDaniels and Brian Xanders did over the past 2 years as acting GMs of the Denver Broncos. I promise we'd have more than 4 wins.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

16. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    Why? Tebow was overdrafted, overhyped and clearly has a lot of fundamental issues to fix to be a starting NFL QB.

How hard is that for some fans to see?

You can't "rah rah" you're way to a win in the NFL.
    Why is it that you insist on being rude in all of your posts. You can make your point without being a condescending ass.

How hard is it for you to see that we spent a 1st round draft pick on the guy, we won't get near that in return for the guy and he has the intangibles to get us through this year when there is no way we're competing for shit, and get a high qb next year.

I can't rah rah us to a win, but you sure can't get through a post without being an ass ass.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

somebody post again about how "EFX" has this big, awesome plan all worked out. . . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

20. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Why is it that you insist on being rude in all of your posts. You can make your point without being a condescending ass.

How hard is it for you to see that we spent a 1st round draft pick on the guy, we won't get near that in return for the guy and he has the intangibles to get us through this year when there is no way we're competing for shit, and get a high qb next year.

I can't rah rah us to a win, but you sure can't get through a post without being an ass ass.
    I will marry you if you talk to me like that every night....

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Juriga72 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Juriga72 View Post
    I will marry you if you talk to me like that every night....
    She's holding out for Bronconut.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    The new front office did not draft Tebow, McFired did. McFired was all in on him, the new guys? Not so much by the looks of things.
    That is really what this is all about. The worst thing that happened to Tebow was Josh was fired.

Hi! I am Matt Millen, and i would like to tell you about some very interesting new markets opening up in the ..............

27. The Following 7 Users High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information