Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Schefter declares Orton starter for this season

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    NOPE. Why wait?

Barkley sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

2. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Barkley sucks
    But he carries a sword!

4. The Following User High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by HammeredOut View Post
    What about Kurt Warners numbers out of the SHotgun. Or Farve out of the SHotgun.
    Well.... lets see.....

Kurt Warner is not going to run John Fox's system this year, PLUS..as you know he won playoff games, a Super Bowl... been to a TON of Pro Bowls...NFL MVP.... Um... lets see... Married to the ugliest women IN the NFL.

OH and won with "No running game and a terrible defense". In fact he took the worst team EVER to a Super Bowl.

Brett Farve? He text's pictures of his wang to women from "Shotgun formations"...

So even Brett is better in shotgun than Kyle is..

Quote Originally Posted by Juriga72 View Post
    Well.... lets see.....

Kurt Warner is not going to run John Fox's system this year, PLUS..as you know he won playoff games, a Super Bowl... been to a TON of Pro Bowls...NFL MVP.... Um... lets see... Married to the ugliest women IN the NFL.

OH and won with "No running game and a terrible defense". In fact he took the worst team EVER to a Super Bowl.

Brett Farve? He text's pictures of his wang to women from "Shotgun formations"...

So even Brett is better in shotgun than Kyle is..
    Kurt Warner is a HOF QB. Better than Favre ever was. Totally off topic. Just sayin..

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Totally agree - that is all it means - Orton will be the starter. If he does well, he will remain the starter, if not, he will be replaced.
    Exactly how it should be. Orton is by far the best QB on our roster right now. If, during the season, he proves us otherwise he should be benched, but there's no point starting the season with a QB who can't read defenses or throw an accurate pass.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

The past 3 years have really been difficult to stomach. So many bad moves, so much bad karma, so much embarrassment thanks to Bowlen, Ellis, and mostly McDaniels. It's really a shame that Denver is stuck in such a rut.

It's really a shame that we have become the Chicago Bears of 4 years ago, some of the fans trying to tell us why Orton should be the starter and excuse his glaring weaknesses grasping for anything they can.

From Cutler, Orton, Hillis, Marshall, Mike Nolan, Moreno, Ayers, and all the way to Tim Tebow... I just want this franchise to rid itself of the absolute TAINT Josh McDaniels left.

We had Jay Cutler, ALL we needed was defense. Instead we are stuck with Kyle F'ing Orton, who is an NFL backup who thinks he's a starter, and a defense that is WORSE than it was before we blew up the offense. Kyle Orton gives me, and many others, NO HOPE of anything promising. He is a backup and almost everyone seems to understand that but the few here in Denver who can't seem to grasp it. If he is by far our best option then that just goes to show how pathetic we have become as a franchise.

It's sickening we have to debate this nonsense. It's sickening we are going to have to watch Kyle Orton job out to the huddle week 1. I want all of them gone, all of them. But I know what Orton offers, and it isn't good enough, I would LOVE to see what Quinn or Tebow offer just to see.

As it is I see us winning just enough games to get out of the Luck Lottery and then next season we are stuck in a real jam. Just piss-poor planning from the start. This franchise has become a joke, the most unprofessional in the NFL aside from perhaps Oakland, who kicked the shit out of us last season and finished strong.

It's a shame that we have fallen this hard this fast.

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

During an appearance on ESPN’s SportsCenter this morning, NFL guru Adam Schefter reported the Denver Broncos will not be trading quarterback Kyle Orton. Per multiple reports, Orton has been the most polished and ready-to-go quarterback for Denver during training camp.

There was some belief during the lockout that Tebow would become the team’s starter, but after struggling in camp and a potential trade between Denver and the Miami Dolphins for Orton failed to come to fruition, the team will decide to go with Orton.

Of course, this could all change during game action in the preseason but for now it looks like Tebow will instead be battling for the number two spot on the depth chart.
    http://nflspinzone.com/2011/08/03/ad...oncos-starter/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    The past 3 years have really been difficult to stomach. So many bad moves, so much bad karma, so much embarrassment thanks to Bowlen, Ellis, and mostly McDaniels. It's really a shame that Denver is stuck in such a rut.

It's really a shame that we have become the Chicago Bears of 4 years ago, some of the fans trying to tell us why Orton should be the starter and excuse his glaring weaknesses grasping for anything they can.

From Cutler, Orton, Hillis, Marshall, Mike Nolan, Moreno, Ayers, and all the way to Tim Tebow... I just want this franchise to rid itself of the absolute TAINT Josh McDaniels left.

We had Jay Cutler, ALL we needed was defense. Instead we are stuck with Kyle F'ing Orton, who is an NFL backup who thinks he's a starter, and a defense that is WORSE than it was before we blew up the offense. Kyle Orton gives me, and many others, NO HOPE of anything promising. He is a backup and almost everyone seems to understand that but the few here in Denver who can't seem to grasp it. If he is by far our best option then that just goes to show how pathetic we have become as a franchise.

It's sickening we have to debate this nonsense. It's sickening we are going to have to watch Kyle Orton job out to the huddle week 1. I want all of them gone, all of them. But I know what Orton offers, and it isn't good enough, I would LOVE to see what Quinn or Tebow offer just to see.

As it is I see us winning just enough games to get out of the Luck Lottery and then next season we are stuck in a real jam. Just piss-poor planning from the start. This franchise has become a joke, the most unprofessional in the NFL aside from perhaps Oakland, who kicked the shit out of us last season and finished strong.

It's a shame that we have fallen this hard this fast.
    Nailed it.
    Like a microcosm of the USA in general the last few years.
    All i can do now is simply hope for a top 2 pick again.
    Pathetic.

15. The Following User High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    K.J. Hamler

17. The Following User High Fived Bugs Baloney For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_0der View Post
    Sign Him????? "We can fix him... we can make him better than he was.... Stronger... Faster....."

*Cue Six Million Dollar man* theme song

19. The Following User High Fived Juriga72 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    All this really means is that if Orton is healthy he'll start week 1. Let's see how patient Fox us with bad play from the QB position because unless Orton is markedly better in the big three QB situations (3rd down, RZ, clutch 4th Qtr spots) this controversy will continue.

Well I think the odds of Denver drafting a QB with it's first pick in he next draft is 80% or better at this point. What do you guys think?
    I agree. I think this is the scenario we're going to see this season.

-Orton starts this year and we try to win as many games as possible.

-We try to sign and trade Orton o we let him walk.

-Tebow gets dealt.

-EFX drafts the best QB available with their 1st rd pick.

I think we need to stop the "suck for Luck" talk, as well. We won't be that bad this year. Guys like Nick Foles, Ryan Lindley and Kirk Cousins are more realistic possibilities for us next year at QB than Luck, Jones, Barkley. Sounds like those three are almost guaranteed top 10 QB's, at this point. We're not going to give up that much to trade up when we still have a lot of holes to fill on this team.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived RebelRocker For This Post:

Orton should play the first 3 quarters. Tebow should play the 4th quarter if the game is on the line.

Seriously.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    K.J. Hamler

25. The Following User High Fived Bugs Baloney For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't understand how anyone can call this over until the preseason games are played. Real games show who is the better player, training camp shows who has more experience.

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived Clipworthy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, is Tebow still struggling against guys who won't even play in the NFL this season?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

29. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information