Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Don't hold out on Andrew Luck

Default Don't hold out on Andrew Luck

You know, I personally believe that no matter what our record this year is (unless we are #1 overall) there is no way we are getting him. Look at John Fox's draft history. He always drafts defense in the first round. Always. The same held true for his first year in Denver despite the smokescreen about the QB dilemma that John Elway put up.

If Kyle Orton starts I predict a 7-9 record. If Tebow starts I predict an 8-8 record or a 9-7 record but we will see. One of the things I applaud Kyle Orton on is that no matter what is thrown at him he keeps an upbeat attitude. He is the type of guy that won't go "Cutler" on you despite a failed trade attempt with Miami *which could be resurrected*.

I was talking at my work with a buddy of mine who is a hardcore Panther's fan. He told me that we will be a run first offense. He said Fox likes to run the ball and 3rd and 13 and he told me sometimes it would work too because they have such an indepth RB core. That makes me excited. It makes me very excited to see us turn away from the pass-happy risk oriented offense that we have been through the Cutler/Orton era to a ground game that can pound it out.

I here rumors that our offensive line is improving. This makes me very encouraged. I don't expect a winning record right away. And if this year is nothing more than an experiment for Tim Tebow so be it. But I want to have something to hang onto & believe in. Something I can go home from the game happy with whether or not it was a win or a loss. I want to feel that Mile High Magic again. I want to see a fire lit under Knowshon's feet and have him run light-feetedly, and have a deep RB/HB/FB combo to blast Satan's spawn *the Raiders* with any given Sunday.

Let's win some games!!!!!!!

I'm excited for this year of football.
    Last edited by broncoFan!; 08-01-2011 at 01:21 AM.

^^ MasterShakes work of art. Not mine. He rocks!!! I'm a Broncos fan first and a Tebow fan second!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncoFan! For This Post:

I thought this was going to be some spin piece from Mike Klis and, until I clicked the thread, saw no links or quotes and saw that you're a better writer.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Agent of Orange For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Orange View Post
    I thought this was going to be some spin piece from Mike Klis and, until I clicked the thread, saw no links or quotes and saw that you're a better writer.
    Wow thank you! I am actually writing a novel right now that has been post poned. I write in my spare time and might even take a course in college.

^^ MasterShakes work of art. Not mine. He rocks!!! I'm a Broncos fan first and a Tebow fan second!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    Wow thank you! I am actually writing a novel right now that has been post poned. I right in my spare time and might even take a course in college.
    ...and I'll just overlook that. ;-)

BTW, I'm not sure its an amazing compliment to say you're a better writer than Klis. But, I will say that you're organization in your first paragraph made it more inviting and easier to read. "Right" and "write" aside, what you say seems credible.
    Last edited by Agent of Orange; 08-01-2011 at 01:26 AM.

7. The Following User High Fived Agent of Orange For This Post:

...and I'll just overlook that. ;-)
    Haha fail my bad. Sorry it's pretty late where I come from and writing is tougher at night.

Haha fail my bad. Sorry it's pretty late where I come from and writing is tougher at night.
    I do that a lot too when its late or when I'm distracted. I usually start screwing up your vs you're... among others.

BTW, just noticed here instead of hear. Oh well...its late.
    Last edited by Agent of Orange; 08-01-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez

It depends on the teams drafting ahead of us. If they already have a young QB, trade options will open up. Luck may not be the best QB coming out next year and/or he may not come out and return for his senior season.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    It depends on the teams drafting ahead of us. If they already have a young QB, trade options will open up. Luck may not be the best QB coming out next year and/or he may not come out and return for his senior season.
    Not really. Its not like Luck will fall to us because someone ahead of us is already invested in a young QB. Teams will be offering a kings ransom to trade up.

12. The Following User High Fived Agent of Orange For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez

Not really. Its not like Luck will fall to us because someone ahead of us is already invested in a young QB. Teams will be offering a kings ransom to trade up.
    Well, yes you have to offer a ton to trade up. Always has been. I'm more thinking of say, a team like Carolina who just drafted Newton will not take Luck, for example. Which will open up the option to possibly trade up.

Luck can go blow a knee, McGahee style. Or another QB has a spectacular season and rises to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Well, yes you have to offer a ton to trade up. Always has been. I'm more thinking of say, a team like Carolina who just drafted Newton will not take Luck, for example. Which will open up the option to possibly trade up.

Luck can go blow a knee, McGahee style. Or another QB has a spectacular season and rises to the top.
    I knew what you were saying.

Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez

I knew what you were saying.
    That's good I think.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

I'm gonna laugh if Luck has a sub-par season with his new coach being NOT Harbaugh.

Even if Stanford ends up with a 500 record this season, Luck will be a top 5 pick. It'll just mean that the 2012 draft won't be the Luck Lottery.

I'll hold out for Luck. RB speed, elite arm strength and accuracy, good decision-making, incredible prospect.

I don't see us winning a lot of games and Elway has a man-crush, I think the chances are adequate we at least get a shot at him.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    I'll hold out for Luck. RB speed, elite arm strength and accuracy, good decision-making, incredible prospect.

I don't see us winning a lot of games and Elway has a man-crush, I think the chances are adequate we at least get a shot at him.
    Next years crop of QBs is the best in years with 3 legit top 10 picks that could start and win your team games in the NFL right now.
    Luck and Barkley are slam dunks. They will both go in the top 3 picks and Landry Jones will go in the top 10. Ryan Lindley from SDSU is also a 1st round prospect. Then you got 2nd rounders like ASUs Nick Foles, BSU's Kellen Moore and MSU's Kirk Cousins.
    Next years QB class is loaded.

Anyone who thinks Elway isnt paying close attention to both Luck and Barkley are on crack. Both of these QBs are the best prospects to come out of college in a decade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

You know, I personally believe that no matter what our record this year is (unless we are #1 overall) there is no way we are getting him. Look at John Fox's draft history. He always drafts defense in the first round. There is not a coach in this league that would not draft Luck at #1 overall. Even if you were one of maybe 5 teams that have a perfect young Franchise Qb already, drafting Luck and trading him would actually net you more value.Always. The same held true for his first year in Denver despite the smokescreen about the QB dilemma that John Elway put up.

If Kyle Orton starts I predict a 7-9 record. If Tebow starts I predict an 8-8 record or a 9-7 record but we will see.We will not sniff more than 5 wins. We suck. :
    Sorry man, I am a realist.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information