Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs. Falcons

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs. Falcons

Hopefully Jason Elam doesn't bite us in the butt tomorrow....it would really stink if we lost on a late Elam game winning field goal.

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Go Broncos!

Turnovers are the key. If our O can keep from turning it over we win.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Hopefully Jason Elam doesn't bite us in the butt tomorrow....it would really stink if we lost on a late Elam game winning field goal.

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was thinking the same thing the other day. Hopefully Prater can kick the game winning FG instead.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

When I post in these threads, the Broncos lose.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by PatricktheDookie View Post
    When I post in these threads, the Broncos lose.
    Mods, can someone please take care of this?

7. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

It's been a long 10 days or so. I'm ready for some football. Three months ago, I figured this would be an easy matchup. Now, I think the Broncos have a very good shot to win, but the Falcons have shown they can play ball.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Sadly, I am not very optimistic for this game. Broncos will get run on big time.

It's a must win if they have any chance for the playoffs.

I never would have thought Atlanta would be a contender at this time last season.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Sadly, I am not very optimistic for this game. Broncos will get run on big time.

It's a must win if they have any chance for the playoffs.

I never would have thought Atlanta would be a contender at this time last season.
    Damn the missing neg rep button

11. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    It's been a long 10 days or so. I'm ready for some football. Three months ago, I figured this would be an easy matchup. Now, I think the Broncos have a very good shot to win, but the Falcons have shown they can play ball.
    At least those 10 days you were nesting on a win.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Game day morning

I've got to admit, I'm a little concerned about this game..............Atlanta have put Vick behind them much better than anyone could have imaginged, and look like a real football team........

Our running game is still a major concern, and Jay's still not looking right.............and as for our D

Just hope that the likes of Koutovides & Woodyard & Hillis take this opportunity with both hands

Definitely will be watching more in hope than expectation
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

Good luck today Bronco fans. Here's to a good game with no injuries. Enjoy.
    Gimme some footyball, please!

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived NorthernLights For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The only way the Broncos win today is to get into a shoot-out and score in the mid-30's to low 40's. It's all about the offense and scoring every time we get the ball. If anyone knows anything about Broncos history, playing an early game and in a dome doesn't bode well at all. Turner and Norwood combined could easily break 250 yards and we'll give up almost 500 yards today. Cutler has to carry this game on his shoulders today. We''re just not good enough as a complete team to go in there and win this thing if the Falcons play a good game today.

Our one hope is the Falcons just completely have one of them meltdown games.

Falcons 41 - 27.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

With the Atlanta Falcons off to their best nine-game start since last reaching the playoffs in 2004, expectations continue to grow for rookie quarterback Matt Ryan, who so far has been able to exceed them all.

Ryan and the Falcons look to continue their impressive play at home when they host Jay Cutler and the AFC West-leading Denver Broncos on Sunday.
    Atlanta's reward for a 4-12 record last season was the third overall pick, a selection they used on Ryan. Forced to step in after Michael Vick's prison sentence left Atlanta without a reliable quarterback in 2007, Ryan has helped turn the Falcons (6-3) into a playoff contender. He's been particularly impressive at home, completing 70.2 percent of his passes for 902 yards, five touchdowns and no interceptions.

Ryan was 16-of-23 for 248 yards and two touchdowns on Sunday in Atlanta's 34-20 home win over New Orleans, keeping the Falcons tied for second place in the NFC South, one game behind Carolina. The Falcons haven't been this successful after nine games since they were 7-2 in 2004.

"I'm not trying to compare anybody to Peyton Manning," Saints linebacker Scott Fujita said of Ryan, "but for somebody to do this that early in their career and have that much maturity and that much control of the offense and be able to dictate to us the thing they wanted to do, I was impressed with him - and frustrated and (ticked) off at the same time."

Ryan was helped by a defense that held the Saints to just two field goals through the first three quarters. Although the Falcons gave up a season-high 521 yards of offense, most came in the fourth quarter, and they picked off Drew Brees, who had just one interception in the previous three games, three times.

"Statistics can be deceiving," Atlanta first-year coach Mike Smith said. "Our number one goal as a defense is to limit points and were able to do that."

That defense will be in for another stiff challenge against Cutler and the Broncos (5-4) after the Denver quarterback had one of the best games of his career in a 34-30 win over Cleveland on Nov. 6, snapping a three-game losing streak.

Cutler was 24-of-42 for a career-high 447 yards with three touchdowns and one interception, helping Denver rally from a 13-point, third-quarter deficit.

Cutler has passed for 2,616 yards and 18 touchdowns this season and has completed 211 of his 342 pass attempts - all stats among the AFC leaders. The Broncos will likely need another strong performance from Cutler after their struggling running game was dealt another setback in last week's win.

Rookie Ryan Torain, who missed the first half of the season with a knee injury, ran for 68 yards and one touchdown against the Browns, but he re-injured his knee and will miss the rest of the season. Torain's injury further depletes Denver's backfield, which lost Michael Pittman (spinal cord) and Andre Hall (hand) to season-ending injuries on Nov. 2. Selvin Young, meanwhile, has just one carry since sustaining a groin tear on Oct. 5, an injury he aggravated last week.

The Broncos averaged 120.3 yards on the ground in the first six games, but just 81.0 yards in the last three.

"It's going to take guys playing for 60 minutes," said fullback Spencer Larsen, a rookie who was converted from linebacker. "As banged up as we are, guys have to step up."

Denver signed free agents Alex Haynes and Tatum Bell this week for some help. Bell, who was drafted by the Broncos and spent three seasons in Denver before being traded to Detroit in 2007, has rushed for 2,524 yards and 14 touchdowns in his career.

The injury situation isn't much better on defense, where the linebacking corps has also been hit hard. Nate Webster is expected to miss a few weeks with a strained MCL, the same injury that sidelined leading tackler D.J. Williams two weeks ago. Boss Bailey, meanwhile, suffered a season-ending knee injury last month.

The injuries could do further damage to an already struggling defense that ranks fourth in total yards allowed (401.9).

Despite the mounting injuries, the Broncos have a one-game lead over San Diego in the AFC West.

"We are sticking together as a team," linebacker Louis Green said. "There is no 'offense' or 'defense' - we are a team. We are going to take the momentum and ride it the rest of the season."

This is Denver's first trip to Atlanta since a 29-21 win in 1997. The Falcons snapped a six-game losing streak to the Broncos - including a loss in Super Bow XXXIII - when the teams last met in 2004, winning 41-28.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/preview?gameId=20081116001

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

this is a must win

I think the Steelers beat the Chargers today

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information