Thread: The State Of Smack.

Default The State Of Smack.

It took all of twenty minutes for me to clash with posters in this forum when I arrived. Among other things, the main argument was over what trash talk (or what I refer to as smack) is, and what is and is not acceptable. Referring to someone as an idiot, moron, tool, newb etc etc etc is ok by some, and not ok by others. Some people in the forum think that smack is "intelligent" discussion only, and others such as myself think that there are other elements of smack that are worthy of time and energy. Basically my question is this: do you mind the name calling, and do you think that trash talking or smack is only limited to "intelligent" football discussion, or do you enjoy other elements of smack like word play, a little boasting (Hubris....psshhh) and things of that nature. I will be honest, I think that slinging some mud and some name calling and a little boasting is a lot of fun. I mean yeah at the heart of it all football talk should be prevalent, but in my opinion all work and no play makes johnny go insane. I am not knocking anyone who disagrees with me, I mean it is just an opinion. But I am genuinely trying to get the feel for this message board forum. Moderators I am not sure that this is the right place for this, but I request that you keep it here because that way the smack talkers who post a lot will see it, and hopefully respond.

I think smack is a bit of lofty claims, in your face talk, and sometimes sayign things you think may not ocme true, but do it anyways because talking trash is about being confident. However I do think all smack should be done with civility. If you start throwing insults around, people will get angry, and smack will degrade into real arguements. Smack is not about starting fights. Its putting another persons team down, while throwing yours up, but done without acting like children IMO.
    Temp sig till I find another one

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Smack, in regards to putting another team down, can be done very well without name calling, personal insults, using profanity, etc.
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 10-01-2007 at 10:58 AM.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I feel that talking smack does incorporate all of the things stated in King's post... to an extent. Calling someone a couple names, IMO, isn't a huge deal. I mean my friends and I insult each other all the time without taking it personally or seriously. Somone on a message board should be taken even less personally because they don't actually know you personally, and are saying that with the topic being discussed you are being, or acting like whatever the name you are being called. That's just me, though.

Gnomeflinger was the first to use the correct number of A's in my username.

well my friend, you best start smacking now while we are down and you are up.

once we face off, and your team goes down We will be the ones doing the smacking :Wink: :wink:
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by Broncomania96 View Post
    4-0 > 2-2

Im looking foward to week 8 and its on Monday night so it should be fun just becasue of that. Im surprised with the Packers play (I predicted 9-7) and i hope they can keep it up. Im looking foward to week 8 though...
    If they beat the Bears next week the Division is almost yours...

4-0 > 2-2

Im looking foward to week 8 and its on Monday night so it should be fun just becasue of that. Im surprised with the Packers play (I predicted 9-7) and i hope they can keep it up. Im looking foward to week 8 though...
    who is home??, wow monday night. i didnt realize. this is going to be a good game.

go broncos.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

I don't know the Lions are playing nice, and we almost blew the game against the Vikings so anything is possible. The bears are a good team and could easily get hot and win 5 or 6 in a row as could any team in that division. I just want to play the Lions because I want to see who wins that game.
    The Lions are trash. They have given up a ton of turnovers, a ton of penalties, and trust me Kitna is still Jon Kitna. Their defense still is unimpressive, and at least the Packer have players who have played in meaningful games......the Lions? Yeah not so much. If the Packers can beat the Bears on MNF next week the division is now a two team race, and your team is still a better one then the Lions.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information