Poll: Which should the geek get?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Should I get?

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Default Which Should I get?

I am torn. I have a bunch of credit at GameStop, so I am going to spring for either Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero World Tour. I really like the drumming aspect of both games, and I am leaning towards Rock Band for the more intense drum game (I like the idea of for tom toms, and a bass pedal as well as the 2 cymbol expansion), but I think Guitar Hero is going to have the better song list.

Thoughts?

This will be for the wii. I have also thought about getting an XBox 360 instead, but I just don't have the time to play it that much right now, and I don't want to pay for online play.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Rock Band is just better overall in terms of DLC every damn week. GH: WT has more of my favorite bands, but Rock Band has a great built in base of songs. Honestly, check out the tracklists on both and just go for the one that has more of your musical taste. Guitar Hero leans more towards Hard Rock/Metal whereas Rock Band has more Alternative/Classic Rock type stuff. I have both games (but just a guitar, my friend lugs his drums over) and I'd say its more a matter of musical taste. They are comparable with customization options and fun.

EDIT: All that being said however, get Gears of War II or Tom Clancys EndWar. Good stuff!

3. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Just got GHWT for my lad for Christmas..........it's now entering a period of intense testing at night to ensure everything's working before the big day

Personally, I prefer the drum layout for GHWT, with the raised cymbol pads.............the other main reason for choosing Guitar Hero is that the UK release was yesterday (about a month after the US) Rock Band was only released over here in September for the PS3, I'm sick of getting screwed over on release dates

That being said, the fact that the majority of Rock Band tracks are compatible with RB2 is a big plus..........now that the instrument compatibility between GH & RB have been sorted out, I may spring for RB as well, I just couldn't face the thought of having two loads of instruments in the house

One thing with both though.............where are Roger, John, Brian & Freddie?
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

Quote Originally Posted by Den21vsBal19 View Post
    Just got GHWT for my lad for Christmas..........it's now entering a period of intense testing at night to ensure everything's working before the big day

Personally, I prefer the drum layout for GHWT, with the raised cymbol pads.............the other main reason for choosing Guitar Hero is that the UK release was yesterday (about a month after the US) Rock Band was only released over here in September for the PS3, I'm sick of getting screwed over on release dates

That being said, the fact that the majority of Rock Band tracks are compatible with RB2 is a big plus..........now that the instrument compatibility between GH & RB have been sorted out, I may spring for RB as well, I just couldn't face the thought of having two loads of instruments in the house

What??? No Queen tracks? That's an outrage! Though to be fair, I was watching the Bohemian Rhapsody video the other night, and May's guitar work is pretty epic. Maybe too much for a mere gamer.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

6. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    What??? No Queen tracks? That's an outrage! Though to be fair, I was watching the Bohemian Rhapsody video the other night, and May's guitar work is pretty epic. Maybe too much for a mere gamer.
    It would be a challenge, that's for sure.......

I'd be fine with some live Queen & Paul Rodgers stuff aswell..........from the gig I went to Hammer To Fall, Tie Your Mother Down, I Want It All, I'm In Love With My Car, Cosmos Rockin', All Right Now & We Will Rock You would all be perfect for either game.......

And for a boss battle, you just couldn't beat Brighton Rock against Brian May
    You'll Never Walk Alone

8. The Following User High Fived Den21vsBal19 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    <i>snip</i>

EDIT: All that being said however, get Gears of War II or Tom Clancys EndWar. Good stuff!
    I will not get any console FPSs until they allow me to use keyboard and mouse. Thumbstick aiming frustrates me to no end.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Den21vsBal19 View Post

Rock Band 2 will be coming out with a set of raised symbol pads.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Rock Band 2 will be coming out with a set of raised symbol pads.
    That'll be an improvement.................although if you're serious about the drums you can always get a kosher electronic kit and connect it via the midi interface

Like I said, Rock Band just really put me off with the amount of time not just between the US & UK releases, but the UK release and the US release of RB2..........I don't like to feel I'm having the piss taken out of me, you know
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I will not get any console FPSs until they allow me to use keyboard and mouse. Thumbstick aiming frustrates me to no end.
    Gears of War 2 is a 3rd person shooter and you use cover a lot. EndWar is a RTS game and you use the headphones to bark out commands, almost no control use whatsoever.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Wii music?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

I'd go with Guitar Hero if you want more replay value. The ability to create songs is pretty nifty, as is the ability to post them online. It depends on how the critics viewed the editor, especially with just 5 buttons and the myriad of notes a guitar can play.

For general partying, Rock Band is the way to go. Better pre-loaded songs, more solidity with the multiple instrument setup, and a more awesome-looking interface are reasons to go with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

15. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

If you hate southern rock, don't get Rock Band 2

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Resistance 2...;-)
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

18. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Resistance 2...;-)
    Can I play it with keyboard and Mouse? If not, I will stick with a better game, Half Life 2.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I don't think you can play it with a keyboard and mouse. I didn't realize you could get Rock Band for the PC...
    I've been replaying Resistance 1 and it's fantastic...

On another note...
    Is there any way to regionalize code in a class file in VB6? I learned all my skills with vb.net and just got thrown on a job maintaining a bunch of old apps. Some of them are in vb3 for Christ's sake...
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information