Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Oklahoma City Thunder (sucks) Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Some teams don't have the will to win.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    KD was 12/31 in close-out game 5, and then 10/31 in close-out game 6 at home against Golden State last year. I don't recall you guys criticizing him for that. In fact, while he was shooting dismally when the pressure was on, it was Westbrook who got criticized for not sharing the spotlight with KD.

Only trolls would watch that game and then attempt to make the case that Westbrook's stats are inflated. Without Westbrook, this team is battling for last in the league. If he had team-mates that could even make free-throws, and make easy clock management decisions, we win that game, and have a good shot at taking down Houston. The Thunder need every ounce of Westbrook's ability and energy to have a chance.
    Oh I did note that Durant was underwhelming and ****** up. The irony is that earlier in RBW's career I was a proponent of his because he got stupid criticism. 'He isn't a real/true SC or PG'. My response was 'who gives a ****?' He produces and also plays defense. Maybe not the best defense, but he's not a sieve.

Then I kept watching him and he got better. He's still my pick for the MVP, but there are no sacred cows in sports. As far as trolling goes - he's an all around player on a bad team. He has to overproduce and compensate for the team - ergo of course his stats are inflated. If he was on the team that you hate -GSW- would his numbers be what they are now? Well, Curry, Thompson, and your favorite defensive god all have had lesser numbers with Durant.

So spare me the notion that his numbers aren't inflated. You're good at math and a logical person. You know better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Oh I did note that Durant was underwhelming and ****** up. The irony is that earlier in RBW's career I was a proponent of his because he got stupid criticism. 'He isn't a real/true SC or PG'. My response was 'who gives a ****?' He produces and also plays defense. Maybe not the best defense, but he's not a sieve.

Then I kept watching him and he got better. He's still my pick for the MVP, but there are no sacred cows in sports. As far as trolling goes - he's an all around player on a bad team. He has to overproduce and compensate for the team - ergo of course his stats are inflated. If he was on the team that you hate -GSW- would his numbers be what they are now? Well, Curry, Thompson, and your favorite defensive god all have had lesser numbers with Durant.

So spare me the notion that his numbers aren't inflated. You're good at math and a logical person. You know better.

Then why are you trying to pass off inflated numbers as criticism? That's my problem. Of course his numbers would be lower if he had all-stars around him. But that's not a criticism of him.

If he wasn't playing his ass off the way he is and filling all the holes like the Dutch boy he'd get criticized for not even getting the team to the playoffs. It's lose/lose.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Then why are you trying to pass off inflated numbers as criticism? That's my problem. Of course his numbers would be lower if he had all-stars around him. But that's not a criticism of him.

If he wasn't playing his ass off the way he is and filling all the holes like the Dutch boy he'd get criticized for not even getting the team to the playoffs. It's lose/lose.
    Because the notion of 'omfg he's sooo good omfg triple double omfg' is incredibly shallow thinking. Look, I'm not exactly Einstein, and I'm not exactly a moron, either. Even I can figure out that his numbers are inflated, and the biggest defense of RBW is the triple double average. He's still my pick for MVP because he's been the best player in the league this year - but it's hard for me to watch him play like, as someone else noted, an older Kobe in regards to shooting and not go 'wtf'. It's hard for me to not look at a guy with a similar stat sheet -who also lacks a great team- and ask 'would Harden be doing as well as RWB' all things considered?

The question, to me at the very least, is if the difference between Harden and RWB is slanted one way or another. I think yeah, it slants to Harden. But I watch the games and I see RBW taking a lot of hero ball shots - his team is trash - that are excessive, and there's a point where I think it's fair to say that a criticism could occur.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Thunder up!

One last time this season. .. . I cringe. .. how bad the final score will be tonight? Will Donovan finally let Russell play over 40 minutes? Will he take out Roberson when the Rockets inevitably start fouling him again? Is there another benchwarmer who hasn't played at all this season that we can throw out for critical minutes? Will Westbrook be the first player to log 4 consecutive triple doubles in a playoff series and lose the series?

All this, and more will be answered soon.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Thunder up!

One last time this season. .. . I cringe. .. how bad the final score will be tonight? Will Donovan finally let Russell play over 40 minutes? Will he take out Roberson when the Rockets inevitably start fouling him again? Is there another benchwarmer who hasn't played at all this season that we can throw out for critical minutes? Will Westbrook be the first player to log 4 consecutive triple doubles in a playoff series and lose the series?

All this, and more will be answered soon.
    When does round 2 start?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    When does round 2 start?
    For the Rockets, sometime in the 2nd half tonight. #rest

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

"Westbrook is putting up too many stats. . . it's cheating!"

kingster, you'll like this-- your boy iverson says russ is the MVP. . .

I just think (Westbrook’s) headed to doing something that we never thought would happen again [in averaging a triple-double throughout a season]…

[Kawhi Leonard]’s the best two-way player in the league, plays the game the right way. Well, if you play with Pop [Gregg Popovich], then you’re going to play the game the right way anyways. But he does everything on the floor to help his team win. Right there in the MVP race. In any other season, I think him or James [Harden]—LeBron [James], you could give it to him every year.

But this year, it’s just one of those years for Westbrook, and we should cherish it and love it for what it is, because we never thought this would happen again, just like we never thought nobody will score 100 points like Wilt [Chamberlain] again.
    http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/04/25/...-to-westbrook/

i have to admit, i get a big laugh out of the irony-- you criticize westbrook for stat chasing, but one of your favorites is the second-biggest stat hog to ever play professional sports. . . second only to raper kobe. . . AI never once in his life met a bad shot he didn't love. . .

Man...you really do lead with the chin.

You can play heroball and do too much. That's pretty well known and accepted. If you want to contest that, go ahead. I'll wait.

This is especially rich when I've said that he's the MVP. So you're essentially arguing that because I don't love the guy I'm saying something completely different. The actual irony is that you point to Iverson, the guy who did take the worst team in finals history to the finals, and even won a game against a living dynasty. THAT'S irony. I'll await your apology.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3701.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	10623

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Carson Cunningham‏ @KOCOCarson 23h23 hours ago
    Carson Cunningham Retweeted SB Nation
    KD went out of his way to not do anything like this when he left. And yet people wondered why there was vitriol when he returned.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lmao

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

2 MVPs in the last 3 years.

If only we had a competent General Manager.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

2 MVPs in the last 3 years.

If only we had a competent General Manager.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Ouch

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information