Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Oklahoma City Thunder (sucks) Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Speaking from personal experience, guys who drag poor supporting casts to places they don't belong are only respected by their own team's fan base.
    Plus he's kind of an ass.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Allen Iverson got a lot of love...and hate...but not all of that was because of basketball.
    I think he was talking about john elway. . .

3. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I feel like if you're saying Westbrook wasn't the MVP this year you're just trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary. What he did this season was historic. And like I said, there is data that shows that he had the worst supporting cast of any star player in the NBA this season. He single handedly has dragged this team to where they are.
    He dragged his team to the #6 seed. That's impressive, but is a reasonable counterpoint for the other two.

NBA guys I respect like Zach Lowe have said this is one of the closest NBA MVP races you'll ever see. I think you could reasonably rank Harden, Westbrook or Kawhi #1. I also think there is a certain bit of "stat-whoring" from Russ that NBA insiders will weight less heavily than casual fans.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    He dragged his team to the #6 seed. That's impressive, but is a reasonable counterpoint for the other two.

NBA guys I respect like Zach Lowe have said this is one of the closest NBA MVP races you'll ever see. I think you could reasonably rank Harden, Westbrook or Kawhi #1. I also think there is a certain bit of "stat-whoring" from Russ that NBA insiders will weight less heavily than casual fans.
    Let's be honest, other stars could have done similar things as RWB. He has stat bloat - he's still my pick for MVP, but that triple double average isn't 'real'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    I think he was talking about john elway. . .
    I was being topical. Because I'm better.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Well he got his 10th rebound.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

when you're MVP

Royce Young‏ @royceyoung 24m24 minutes ago
    For the series, the Thunder are +3 with Westbrook on the floor, and -40 with him off.

10. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

They lost by 4 - he went from 10/28 in regards to FGs.

#overrated
    #statsinflated

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

10/28 is like a late in career Kobe line.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    They lost by 4 - he went from 10/28 in regards to FGs.

#overrated
    #statsinflated
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    10/28 is like a late in career Kobe line.
    KD was 12/31 in close-out game 5, and then 10/31 in close-out game 6 at home against Golden State last year. I don't recall you guys criticizing him for that. In fact, while he was shooting dismally when the pressure was on, it was Westbrook who got criticized for not sharing the spotlight with KD.

Only trolls would watch that game and then attempt to make the case that Westbrook's stats are inflated. Without Westbrook, this team is battling for last in the league. If he had team-mates that could even make free-throws, and make easy clock management decisions, we win that game, and have a good shot at taking down Houston. The Thunder need every ounce of Westbrook's ability and energy to have a chance.

15. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Remember when Harden, Westbrook and Durant all played on the same team?

17. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Ahh, yes. Those were the days.

One of my fondest memories was being at Game 5 of the 2011 1st round playoffs and sending the Nuggets packing. KD was clutch in the 4th quarter, and if memory serves scored the last 10 in a row for the win.

Then we got the the Western Conference finals, and KD, Westbrook & Harden combined for 15/60 beyond the arc and almost got swept losing the series 3-1. Of course, they were all young, and the Mavericks were a great team, so not being able to handle pressure at that point was kind of expected I guess.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Ahh, yes. Those were the days.

One of my fondest memories was being at Game 5 of the 2011 1st round playoffs and sending the Nuggets packing. KD was clutch in the 4th quarter, and if memory serves scored the last 10 in a row for the win.

Then we got the the Western Conference finals, and KD, Westbrook & Harden combined for 15/60 beyond the arc and almost got swept losing the series 3-1. Of course, they were all young, and the Mavericks were a great team, so not being able to handle pressure at that point was kind of expected I guess.
    Of course hindsight is 20/20 - but I think Presti does everything humanly possible to keep those 3 together if he had it to do over. That Harden trade just looks worse and worse with each passing year.

20. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Of course hindsight is 20/20 - but I think Presti does everything humanly possible to keep those 3 together if he had it to do over. That Harden trade just looks worse and worse with each passing year.
    Yes, but it was still kind of the collision of an unmovable object and and unstoppable force. Four max contracts (KD, Westbrook, Harden & Ibaka), guaranteed huge "luxury tax" penalties as far as the eye could see.

In hindsight, the changes made as a result of the lock-out and salary cap increases would have ameliorated a lot of that damage, but no-one could see that relief coming. It was probably an impossible decision. Either way had huge risks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I thought they'd win championships. With an "s."
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information