Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Oklahoma City Thunder (sucks) Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Retiring Nick Collison's number feels like maybe a bit of a stretch to me... Nice player - but retired number? NTL, give us the homer view on this.
    Fan brownie points. It’s like retiring a fullback’s number.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Fan brownie points. It’s like retiring a fullback’s number.
    Why was a FB even on the roster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Retiring Nick Collison's number feels like maybe a bit of a stretch to me... Nice player - but retired number? NTL, give us the homer view on this.
    John Lynch in the ring of Fire

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

It's not being retired for his awesome stats or HOF career.

It's being retired because he's known as "Mr. Thunder". He was with the Sonics and moved here, and spent his entire career here.

His blue collar work ethic from day one made him a fan favorite. Collison was always ready to take a charge, or do the small "dirty work" that never finds it's way onto a stat sheet, but makes a difference to the team. Scrambling on the floor for a loose ball, making an extra pass etc. And it extended to his work in the community. If the Thunder had a community service event going on, Collison was the first one there, and then he did his own work on top of that.

So retiring his number is a recognition of Nick Collison, the man in full, not just the on-the-court part of his life. Probably no other team has ever done something like this, and probably no other team ever will. But it's a great thing to recognize a guy like Collison in this manner. Especially since he so epitomizes what the Thunder organization wants to be to the community here.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

OKC Thunder. Like no other franchise ever.

It's a very nice sentiment.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    It's not being retired for his awesome stats or HOF career.

It's being retired because he's known as "Mr. Thunder". He was with the Sonics and moved here, and spent his entire career here.

His blue collar work ethic from day one made him a fan favorite. Collison was always ready to take a charge, or do the small "dirty work" that never finds it's way onto a stat sheet, but makes a difference to the team. Scrambling on the floor for a loose ball, making an extra pass etc. And it extended to his work in the community. If the Thunder had a community service event going on, Collison was the first one there, and then he did his own work on top of that.

So retiring his number is a recognition of Nick Collison, the man in full, not just the on-the-court part of his life. Probably no other team has ever done something like this, and probably no other team ever will. But it's a great thing to recognize a guy like Collison in this manner. Especially since he so epitomizes what the Thunder organization wants to be to the community here.
    Kind of like how no other team would trade away Harden right as he's hitting his prime?

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That escalated quickly.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I meant to post this yesterday, but forgot. Pretty funny:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

That was awful

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...ages-of-fandom

Russ’s game was nothing less than an attempt to overthrow the entire regime of basketball knowledge—to say, in effect, that one visitor from superhero dreamworld took precedence over values like “reliable efficacy” and “predicating actions on data” and “not basing your team’s entire season on the idea that you, personally, can transform into a hurricane.” But basketball knowledge exists for a reason, and you can’t kill the king partway. When everything was working perfectly, Westbrook seemed to afford us a glimpse of a higher basketball dimension. When it was only almost working, Westbrook’s play could look like inspired self-sabotage. He’d go for 38 points on 14-of-32 shooting in a four-point loss—and then show up after the game in his $5,000 beaver-print press-conference smock and cayenne librarian glasses and act like you were the alien for wondering what he was thinking.

Appreciating Russell Westbrook, in other words, requires the ability to synthesize more contradictions before breakfast than a Stephen Curry devotee may face over the course of a long and untroubled life. What’s fascinating these days, with Westbrook playing about as badly as he has in recent history, is how all the contradictions we’ve amassed over our long history with Russ seem to speak to and inform each other.
    Yep.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Enjoy your win tonight King.

Lakers - Lebron; + OKC 10.5 point favorites = OKC will be asleep tonight as the Lakers steal one they have no business winning on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Enjoy your win tonight King.

Lakers - Lebron; + OKC 10.5 point favorites = OKC will be asleep tonight as the Lakers steal one they have no business winning on the road.
    Oh NTL, we are going to be stylomized (combination of style and sodomy) by the Thunder. We suck ass.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Oh NTL, we are going to be stylomized (combination of style and sodomy) by the Thunder. We suck ass.
    Trust me. OKC takes too much for granted. If they should beat a team they take it for granted. They've done it 4 times in the past month.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So you’re saying Kyle Kuzma is a lock for a DFS lineup tonight?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information